Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Skate Punk
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Gitarrero
Original lesson: Skate Punk by Gabriel Leopardi

And the next take... Recorded with GR5, Reaper and webcam. Christian

Todd Simpson
Christian my man, this was not your best work IMHO. You have the attitude, and body language down pat!! But the fingering/picking still needs a bit of work. It seem like the Rapid String Traverse (Back and forth between strings) is gumming up your style a bit. It's complicated rythm bit, no matter what some folks think about punk, it can be quite a technical challenge as this song demonstrates.

Todd

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jan 26 2013, 01:31 PM) *
Original lesson: Skate Punk by Gabriel Leopardi

And the next take...
Recorded with GR5, Reaper and webcam.
Christian

Ben Higgins
Good take, my Germanic friend. Your alternate picking is better than it has ever been ! It's giving you the tools to tackle more complex riffs now.

As Todd said, the string crossing is still a bit awkward at the moment so it trhows off the accuracy and timing of the riffs but it's something you can fix with more dedicated practise - there ain't nothing that The Hef can't do !! cool.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Hello again mate smile.gif I must say, I agree with the guys - it's there but not quite. It just needs more time and more focus on the picking to get it spotless smile.gif

Keep rocking!

Cosmin
Fran
Almost there, 7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.