Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ibanez Jem 7vwh
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Gear Reviews
Andrew Cockburn
Wiki link
Robin
It's just a matter of time before you divorce your wife and marry your guitar biggrin.gif

When(!) I get rich I'll buy one of those!
Smikey2006
Id love one of those too smile.gif just for jamming around the house, what a great feeling guitar, i especially like the handle smile.gif i wunder how easy it would be to take another guitar to the machine shop and have a handle punched out smile.gif
The Uncreator
Awesome review, one day i hope to have one as well!

Im so Envious of JEM Owners!
JCJXXL
Good review Andrew. Thanks!
Sergeant_Ant
Oh my, im in LOVE! Ive been eyeing this guitar at Sam Ash for a while, its a materpiece, once i get a few more paychecks i gotta get me one biggrin.gif
Pavel
QUOTE (Sergeant_Ant @ Jul 28 2007, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh my, im in LOVE! Ive been eyeing this guitar at Sam Ash for a while, its a masterpiece, once i get a few more paychecks i gotta get me one biggrin.gif

I know the feeling!! Waiting is killing you!! Same was for me when i was waiting to get money for JEM! Now i can't wait for RC to arrive! GRRRRR biggrin.gif
fire
...would I only have the money rolleyes.gif
timono
good review andrew

you know i wanted one but hadn't got enough money so i indeed bought the prestige and it was worth it biggrin.gif

maybe one day......
shredmandan
Good review Andrew smile.gif
Stratman58
The only thing I can't understand about the JEM is the monkey grip. Bit of a joke, or it is to me really... I mean who's going to be walking down a sidewalk with their JEM by that handle!

Of course as they say, people hate on what they can't afford tongue.gif
Pavel
I love it! The guitar looks much more interesting that way! smile.gif
deWeLL
QUOTE (Pavel @ Aug 3 2007, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love it! The guitar looks much more interesting that way! smile.gif

I don't like the grip either .. but i LOVE that fantastic inlays ... really hot .. and it seems that guitar is a jack at all trades device on a high level biggrin.gif
Owen
Looks cool, but I'm afraid I find this:

Far cooler! tongue.gif
Pavel
Jem still looks better to me! smile.gif
Francis Viviers
QUOTE (Owen @ Aug 3 2007, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Far cooler! tongue.gif

Yeah i agree, the JEM is a awesome guitar. I dont like ibanez guitars tho. A PRS is way cooler smile.gif But still i love my strats smile.gif

We dont get indie guitars in south africa sad.gif
Owen
They're a brand primarily based in Scotland I think. Although they cater for most the UK.

Whilst you could argue over what looks better, I dont think you could argue over the price tag, the Indie is half as much for the same quality. smile.gif

However, it is all preference tongue.gif
Victafor
im buying one of those. my dad owns a business and i get 1000$ for every contract i get him! but its hard to get one so wish me luck
Sergeant_Ant
If i had a JEM id so carry it around everywhere with me... like hey everyone, look at my guitar! its AMAZING!
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (Owen @ Aug 3 2007, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Far cooler! tongue.gif

i dont necessrily agree with cooler but that is one sweet looking guitar, kind of like a Les Paul with way more attitude ... Nice smile.gif
Xranthoius
Oh my god I'm in love!!! ohmy.gif That axe is AMAZING!!! Lol dude im so jealous... i need 2 thousand dollars so bad now dry.gif
Pavel
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 4 2007, 05:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont necessrily agree with cooler

"For the axe, for the JEM, for the mountains...." biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif slightly changed Rhapsody's lyrics!!!

JEM is the coolest looking guitar with "tree of life" inlay! cool.gif tongue.gif .. oh forgot to mention - Luca Turilli's guitar also has that inlay and it's also amazing! (the one in my avatar)

I love this one!
Owen
I love the tree inlay, its really nice in general.

I just like the colours on the aforementioned guitar which are a bit more vibrant. tongue.gif

Unfortunately I can't afford £600 worth of guitar at the moment, so I'm just lusting V_V
deWeLL
QUOTE (Owen @ Aug 4 2007, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love the tree inlay, its really nice in general.

I just like the colours on the aforementioned guitar which are a bit more vibrant. tongue.gif

Unfortunately I can't afford £600 worth of guitar at the moment, so I'm just lusting V_V

If someone put that Inlay on the attachment's kind of guitar I'll sell my car and tv to get it ...

But for real .. the Jem is really fine ... perhaps we make a new thread for inlay discussing tongue.gif *G*

Zephyr
Oh, man, I can't wait until the day that I can afford a JEM!
Kevin98497
omg, try blending yo ibanez jem and my fender tc-90 together.
you get this

but less deformed
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ Aug 27 2007, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
omg, try blending yo ibanez jem and my fender tc-90 together.
you get this
YOU WOULD GET A FENBANEZ TELEJEM!

but less deformed

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Unleash-The-Shred
I have the JEM77B here is a pic.
The-Levy

I love this one. It is in a Warrior guitar.
Toni Suominen
I have drooled over a JEM for quite some time now. Great review and guitar Andrew! smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Nice review Andrew. Thats is sure one quality made guitar. I personally don`t like signature models as they can be pricey but this guitar is great for sure.
Andrew Cockburn
Thanks guys - this is still my main axe, I love it!
Tomotoms
Amazing guitar.

With signature models does anyone feel worried about being compared to the player that the guitar was made for?
Pavel
Never had that problem! I know a guy who bought a JEM and didn't even know who Vai was biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Andrew: what happened to Variax? wink.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 13 2007, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Never had that problem! I know a guy who bought a JEM and didn't even know who Vai was biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Andrew: what happened to Variax? wink.gif

Its still a part of my guitar library - in my new place I have more room for all my guitars so maybe I'll play it a little more often ... but the Jem is still #1 !!
The Uncreator
QUOTE (Tomotoms @ Dec 13 2007, 06:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Amazing guitar.

With signature models does anyone feel worried about being compared to the player that the guitar was made for?

IM glad i never felt like that, i couldnt stand being compared to Dimebag or Michael Shenker, i would pee myself in embarrassment! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.