Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Bands?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
Pages: 1, 2
Aaron
well i would make this a poll but i cant possibly list all of the bands .. anyway i think that my #1 band is metallica beacause of their solos and riffs
Asphyxia Feeling
Smashing Pumpkins- for just being awesome. Billy Corgan is an amazing lyricist, and a very good guitarist. they have heavy songs, soft songs, and weird songs. plus, the music is special to me anyway.

Muse- because those three and super-talented crazy people. i love their music; it's fantastic. and Matt Bellamy is an amazing guitarist.

Nirvana- because kurt inspires me in some weird way. and, nirvana always sounds good. perfect mix between pop and rock without that sell-out kind of sound.
Robin
Odd Nordstoga becuase of his genius songs, melodies, lyrics and everything. He got a very unique music style.

If anyone is wondering about who this guy is, read my review on him in the review forum.
Gen
Dream theater!
Listen to the album : "scenes from a memory" and you will understand why wink.gif
The Uncreator
Iron Maiden

Because no band had ever inspired me more than Iron Maiden, not just in music, but to just be a good person, they also helped me through alot of rough times in my life where all i really did was listen to my maiden albums to make the day seem less worse. And on top of that, Steve is an ingenious Writer, Bruce is the best damn vocalist ever (my opppinion) and my number one favorite guitarist is Dave Murray, his style is awesome, he inspires me so much to play the guitar. Adrian and Janick do as well, 3 completly unique soloing styles that just astound me everytime i hear them play. And then theres Nicko, His classic chug-long drum beats are classic, and the last things, there melodies are the most memorable once ive ever heard, and the signature maiden gallop of course!!!

Up The Irons Till Death And Beyond!!!
Robin
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 30 2007, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Iron Maiden

Because no band had ever inspired me more than Iron Maiden, not just in music, but to just be a good person, they also helped me through alot of rough times in my life where all i really did was listen to my maiden albums to make the day seem less worse. And on top of that, Steve is an ingenious Writer, Bruce is the best damn vocalist ever (my opppinion) and my number one favorite guitarist is Dave Murray, his style is awesome, he inspires me so much to play the guitar. Adrian and Janick do as well, 3 completly unique soloing styles that just astound me everytime i hear them play. And then theres Nicko, His classic chug-long drum beats are classic, and the last things, there melodies are the most memorable once ive ever heard, and the signature maiden gallop of course!!!

Up The Irons Till Death And Beyond!!!

Thats a touching story actually smile.gif Indeed Iron Maiden is awesome, even though I dont listen to them much nowdays they are still one of my favorite bands. I have never loved a band that much and for that long as I loved Maiden. Three years straight I listened to nothing but Maiden. I love everything about the band, the name, the logo, album covers, Eddie and of course all the things you said above. and they are all really nice guys, not a bunch of arrogant drug addicts.
I know you're gonna hate me for this but I hate the way they have gone with their music now. I cant stand their new album. But everything from Iron Maiden to Seventh son are extremely awesome classics, and the 90's stuff is also really good, but I dont quite get the "Maiden feeling" from those albums. Brave new world is a classic aswell, I really love that album, its incredible. Dance of death got awesome songs, but I dont like the sound, and theres too much synth for my taste. Every band evolve of course, and thats a good thing. No one wants to hear the same album getting released 40 years in a row smile.gif But meeeh, I dont like the new stuff tongue.gif

UP THE IRONS! \m/
The Uncreator
Thats cool man, im not gonna hold it against you, i Personally think A Matter Of Life And Death is amazing, its my favorite album, Next to Powerslave of course, i just really dig the overall feel, it reminded me of Seventh Son... actually, And i still feel all the maiden in it smile.gif
icedern
I'm going to have to agree with Uncreator here in saying Iron Maiden. No other band has more influence on me then they do. Although, its hard to have just one because I have so many other favorites and there are so many other bands that I know influenced millions of other metal bands. (Black Sabbath, Slayer, Led Zeppelin, Priest, etc). I guess if you really want to get serious, you have to thank composers like Bach and such for giving us our metal...they are the original metal heads.
jimmy
Guns and Roses (L) Slash is the greatest of them all rolleyes.gif
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Ive been influenced by so many bands it would be impossible to name them all.

The ones that speak out to ME the most would have to be the Red Hott Chili Peppers, Van Halen, Led Zepplin.

The specific guitarists that speak to me the most though would have to be in this order. 1. Joe Satriani
2. John frusicante
3. Paulbo Gliberto
4. Mab
5.DimeBag
Pantalaimon
Okay...

I know everyone's gonna hate me for this but....

I have to say that, in all honesty, my favorite band is probably Fall Out Boy. Why is this? Well...I've always liked music, but I never really thought of the possibility of becoming a musician myself until one day I saw the video for "Grand Theft Autumn/Where is your Boy" on Fuse's Oven Fresh. I watched the whole video, loved it, and as soon as it was over I was like "wait F*** what was the name of that band!?" I later found out and bought all their CDs. I've been listening to Fall Out Boy for about 4 years now, and all their songs have meaning to me. I admit that their not particularly worthy of musical merit, but I love the vocal style of Patrick. I'm not particularly fond of the lyrics, but whatever.

The thing is, Fall Out Boy's songs remind me of old memories. They have sentimental value. And they're pretty fun to sing along to.

This facet does not mean that I don't listen to many more talented and skilled musicians. In fact, listening to Fall Out Boy motivates me to become a great musician, so that I could maybe one day start a band that has similar vocal hooks and poppy sound, but with actually good musicianship and song-writing skill as well.

Among other favorites: Jupiter Sunrise, The Academy Is..., Motion City Soundtrack, Death Cab for Cutie, Sigur Ros, John Mayer, John Legend, Mute Math, Best Interest (broken up now, but you should ALL check them out), Explosions in the Sky, Paramore, Brand New, Jimmy Eat World, Jason Mraz, Mae, Maroon 5, and many many more.
Robin
QUOTE (Pantalaimon @ Jun 30 2007, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay...

Of course not. I know how it is to be "the only one" listening to something. As I said earlier in this thread, Odd Nordstoga is my favorite artist. He is a norwegian folk/rock/pop artist, and everyone I know hate him. My band mates especially. I think its cool with people that listen to something thats not "cool" or "in" or whatever.
Pantalaimon
QUOTE (Robin @ Jun 30 2007, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course not. I know how it is to be "the only one" listening to something. As I said earlier in this thread, Odd Nordstoga is my favorite artist. He is a norwegian folk/rock/pop artist, and everyone I know hate him. My band mates especially. I think its cool with people that listen to something thats not "cool" or "in" or whatever.

Funny thing is, Robin, Fall Out Boy recently hit it big in 2005. I've been listening to them since early 2004, and you can't even imagine how angry I got when all the stupid ditsy girls with no taste in music started walkin around sayin "I LOVE FALL OUT BOY" and I'm just thinking "shut up bitch do you know any songs except Sugar We're Going Down?"

but yea they're like, totally in the scene right now, so everyone's callin them sellouts and thinking they're poppy shit cause they're on the radio. Granted, most bands on the radio are poppy bad shit, but Fall Out Boy isn't. at least to me they aren't.
Robin
QUOTE (Pantalaimon @ Jun 30 2007, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funny thing is, Robin, Fall Out Boy recently hit it big in 2005. I've been listening to them since early 2004, and you can't even imagine how angry I got when all the stupid ditsy girls with no taste in music started walkin around sayin "I LOVE FALL OUT BOY" and I'm just thinking "shut up bitch do you know any songs except Sugar We're Going Down?"

but yea they're like, totally in the scene right now, so everyone's callin them sellouts and thinking they're poppy shit cause they're on the radio. Granted, most bands on the radio are poppy bad shit, but Fall Out Boy isn't. at least to me they aren't.

Ah I see. People like that can be a pain in the a$$.
GuitarDude
I like Europe and Pantera alot =P
Smikey2006
I would have to say that my favorite band ever is opeth smile.gif. They in my opinion are the greatest metal band of all time. Although there are many other metal bands that i love listening to and have really made memorable music, there is no band like opeth, From their unpredictable riffs, great deathmetal growl, overly poetic lyrics and even there very chill songs opeth is what inspires me to be a great guitarist. There is no music that takes me away from life like opeth, never have i imagined such great vivid things as when im listening to opeth, they are like drugs without drugs smile.gif. Its hard to explain. The way they cut away from the main stream of music today gives me hope for a future of music and of metal. Mikael Ã…kerfeldt once said " I have no doubts that if Opeth played what people wanted to hear we would be better off, but we don't and thats what makes Opeth what it is today". I hope this statement never changes smile.gif Laying on my bed listening to Windowpane with my headphones on is my favorite thing to do ever! smile.gif If you havn't listened to Opeth you are missing out.
Owen
Disbelief - Angst Ridden Vocalist makes it for me, I dunno how he does it, but its pretty awesome.

Opeth - The versatility to do that stuff astounds me.

Acid Bath - Lyrical genius. "When death sleeps... he dreams of you"

Pantera - Textbook, everyone wants the same level of simplicity, power.

Gojira - The harmonics kill me.
Guitarman700
Well... i hate 90% of all metal (especially death metal) I would have to say the Jimi Hendrix Experience Is my favorite band.
GuitarDude
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Jun 30 2007, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well... i hate 90% of all metal (especially death metal) I would have to say the Jimi Hendrix Experience Is my favorite band.

why hate metal? metal is great!
Guitarman700
I dont hate ALL metal. I REALLY LOVE megadeth, iron maiden,dream theater,some metallica(first four albums) some pantera,and several others i cant think of right now. but i hate death metal because of the vocals, and all this black, drone and extreme stuff is just too much for me. I wish gmc had more classic rock love. Thats where its at for me and Thats what i grew up with. I totally respect anyones opinion, as long as they arent like "OMG Y00 IZ S00 S100P!D M3T4L IZ TEH R0xx0RZ!!!1!!1!! 0LD R0CK SUXX0RZZZ!!11!1"
There you go.
Robin
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Jun 30 2007, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont hate ALL metal. I REALLY LOVE megadeth, iron maiden,dream theater,some metallica(first four albums) some pantera,and several others i cant think of right now. but i hate death metal because of the vocals, and all this black, drone and extreme stuff is just too much for me. I wish gmc had more classic rock love. Thats where its at for me and Thats what i grew up with. I totally respect anyones opinion, as long as they arent like "OMG Y00 IZ S00 S100P!D M3T4L IZ TEH R0xx0RZ!!!1!!1!! 0LD R0CK SUXX0RZZZ!!11!1"
There you go.

Haha, man I totally agree with you there. I cant stand people like that tongue.gif

Btw, I used to HATE extreme metal more than ANYTHING else a few years back tongue.gif Now I love it. Just saying biggrin.gif
Guitarman700
Well, i used to hate heavy metal till about a year ago, so yeah. im just having a really bad day, my xbox 360 DESTROYS FOR NO REASON my elder scrolls 4: oblivion(my Favorite game ever) game disc by SCRATCHING ALL THE WAY THROUGh IT!
Smikey2006
I love classic rock too smile.gif im just still a big metal fan... maiden and classic metal is great too smile.gif Even some Glam Bands like Cinderella and def leppard and deep purple are great smile.gif
Pavel
I'll join the topic:

Favorite bands - at least for last 2 years (and less):

Rhapsody - powerful songs, great orchestral arrangements which i am a great fan of, great guitar playing by Luca and also very inspiring melodies.

Dark Moor - almost the same reason as Rhapsody but Dark Moor gives me that feeling of getting on the open stage, light wind, 10000 people out there listening to you and you just ROCK! (i know, just a dream but damn it feels good)

Outworld - do i really have to say why? Rusty's phenomenal musicianship and the whole band's maturity, amazing drums playing combined with heavy riffs and totally full of sense solos makes this band special to me.

Beyond Twilight - a new band (at least for me) i discovered recently, heavy playing and great vocals. Really have their own style - i like it!

Well these are the bands i listen most right now.
VinceG
For me it has to be Boris

Boris is one of those bands that keeps you interested from a song to another. There music style differs from album to album even song to song. They pretty much holds the title of "Heaviest Band" for me. Heavy is not all this band possess, simplicity in melodies yet have a touch of melancholy atmosphere and trippy psychadelia is enough for me to give them the title favorite band. There is really nothing to say bout Boris's music, you just feel the heaviness and the sense of destruction and depression sinks down to a new level of low. The other half of boris is a grungy with the sense of punk style heaviness and fastness.
Asphyxia Feeling
QUOTE (Pantalaimon @ Jun 30 2007, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay...

I have to say that, in all honesty, my favorite band is probably Fall Out Boy. Why is this? Well...I've always liked music, but I never really thought of the possibility of becoming a musician myself until one day I saw the video for "Grand Theft Autumn/Where is your Boy" on Fuse's Oven Fresh. I watched the whole video, loved it, and as soon as it was over I was like "wait F*** what was the name of that band!?" I later found out and bought all their CDs. I've been listening to Fall Out Boy for about 4 years now, and all their songs have meaning to me. I admit that their not particularly worthy of musical merit, but I love the vocal style of Patrick. I'm not particularly fond of the lyrics, but whatever.

The thing is, Fall Out Boy's songs remind me of old memories. They have sentimental value. And they're pretty fun to sing along to.

This facet does not mean that I don't listen to many more talented and skilled musicians. In fact, listening to Fall Out Boy motivates me to become a great musician, so that I could maybe one day start a band that has similar vocal hooks and poppy sound, but with actually good musicianship and song-writing skill as well.

Among other favorites: Jupiter Sunrise, The Academy Is..., Motion City Soundtrack, Death Cab for Cutie, Sigur Ros, John Mayer, John Legend, Mute Math, Best Interest (broken up now, but you should ALL check them out), Explosions in the Sky, Paramore, Brand New, Jimmy Eat World, Jason Mraz, Mae, Maroon 5, and many many more.

no hate from me, haha. i understand how you feel. the memories thing. it's like that for me with bands like Blink 182 (which pretty much ushered in FOB style music into the big mainstream) linkin park, sum 41, and, sadly, avril lavigne.

in 8th / 9th grade those were really the only bands i listened to. it was my escape. avril lavigne... haha. really just liked hearing her voice and stuff. being a shy little kid, it was nice thinking that a girl could be singing about me like that. blink, just always puts me in a good mood. and through all of high school i could turn to their lyrics and relate in some way. sum 41, first band i listened to. linkin park, just how to deal with all the crap you can go through some times. angry music for angry moods.

and yeah, it was pretty annoying when FOB went big. i understand your anger. i know alot of friends that felt the same way when American Idiot dropped. instead of being a "weird green day lover" they were just a "trend follower". sucks majorly. i hope that never happens to one of my favorite bands! (although i would be happy that they made it big / made money etc)
Resurrection
1) Rush
Tremendous musicians and composers. Have never been scared to re-invent themselves. Geddys vocal style isn't for everyone, but there you go.

2) Rage Against The Machine
Innovative guitar textures and thoughtful lyrics against a rockin rhythm section!

3) Joe Satriani
OK, more an individual than a band, but he's as good as a band! The only rock guitar instrumentalist that consistently keeps me interested in that genre.

4) Red Hot Chili Peppers
Great songwriting. Fleas bass lines. The emotion John wrings from a guitar. Need I say more?

There's a bunch of other bands I listen to a lot, but those 4 have probably had the biggest effect on my attitude to playing the guitar.
Bjoerne
I must agree with smikey , opeth is one of the best bands ever (in my opinion)
the vocals , the melodys , the lyrics and that they never do the same thing smile.gif
im really looking forward to their next album, too bad both their drummer and guitarist left tough :/

other bands : porcupine tree, a perfect circle,pantera,bloodbath,metallica,camel etc..
Owen
I dont know what the huge love of classic rock is about personally, sure listening to music that was about when my dad was young is fine, but overly emphasizing on just listening too that, it seems wrong, we all need to pick up sticks and move along, why linger around the past, when you can invent something new?

Also gotta add one band -

Manic Street Preachers - Light, Simple, Clever, Politically Oriented stuff, reinventing their sound and approach along the way, versatile.
Guitarman700
Perhaps i am inventing something new, have you ever thought about that? i dont see what right you have to say i just listen to that, considering my other posts. Have you ever considered its what I like?

"1) Rush
Tremendous musicians and composers. Have never been scared to re-invent themselves. Geddys vocal style isn't for everyone, but there you go."
you are so right! i love rush too. cool.gif
The Uncreator
Anyway, Next to Iron Maiden id have to say these bands...

2) Blind Guardian - Vivid Lyrics, Amazing Melodies, Riffs, and Solo's To Create A Fantastic World.

3) Opeth - Amazing Versatility, Vocal and Guitar wise, some of the most memorable riffs to ever grace the planet, even though they are a bit abstract at times, (Thats why they kickass!! smile.gif

4) Nightwish - Amazing vocals, lyrics, creates a very deep atmosphere of Reassurance
and very soothing landscapes.

5) Nile - No band for quite some time impressed me as much untill i heard nile, they opened me up to a new level of guitar, music, and talent, they are just GODS

6) Iced Earth - One of the first Metal bands i heard outside of Priest, Maiden, Sabbath, Metallica, And Megadeth, the inspired me to search out bands in every genre, showed me one of my favorite songwriters, Jon Schaffer, and created "The Glorius Burden" which is album that i hold above all others Except Maiden, Jon Schaffers lyrics are So vivid, and touching, when Tim Ownes sings the, it gives me chills, and makes me feel what is going on. Amazing

7) Steve Vai - One of the most talented, versatile, inspiring, and emotional guitarists ive ever heard, he has songs for no matter what mood im in. He just flat out inspires

8) Metal as a whole - No genre of music is as diverse as Metal (I belive this to be fact to, not oppinion) from Blues, Jazz, Classical, Folk from hundreds of countires, different languages, Death, Power, Speed, Viking, Thrash, Goth, Symphonic whatever, the amount of diversity keeps me wanting more, and never fails to entertain me, calm me, and just make feel as happy as can be.
Guitarman700
"7) Steve Vai - One of the most talented, versatile, inspiring, and emotional guitarists ive ever heard, he has songs for no matter what mood im in. He just flat out inspires"
Im Getting steve vai tickets!
Ben C
QUOTE (Owen @ Jul 1 2007, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont know what the huge love of classic rock is about personally, sure listening to music that was about when my dad was young is fine, but overly emphasizing on just listening too that, it seems wrong, we all need to pick up sticks and move along...

There's no reason why anyone should stop listenening to Classic Rock just like theres no reason for people to stop listening to Metal, or Punk-Rock, or whatever you're into. There will always be people who like to listen to that genre of music.

And lets say for example, that a new band comes out with a totally classic rock sound. I know a lot of people that would love to listen to new band with old-style sound like that. Would you tell them to stop "overly emphasizing" on Classic Rock too?

Just because its older doesn't mean people can't like it just as much as Pantera, Opeth, or any band.
Guitarman700
"There's no reason why anyone should stop listenening to Classic Rock just like theres no reason for people to stop listening to Metal, or Punk-Rock, or whatever you're into. There will always be people who like to listen to that genre of music.

And lets say for example, that a new band comes out with a totally classic rock sound. I know a lot of people that would love to listen to new band with old-style sound like that. Would you tell them to stop "overly emphasizing" on Classic Rock too?

Just because its older doesn't mean people can't like it just as much as Pantera, Opeth, or any band."
Thank you. i couldnt have said it better.
ZakkWylde
Pantera - The definition of a "hard" sound, incredible riffs
Black Label Society - Southern Rock meets Metal, awesome Soloing
Guns N Roses - Rock with a little bit of Blues
Slayer - Gods of Thrash
Metallica - cause theyre Metallica
Trivium, Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy, Down, Megadeth, Lamb of God, Ozzy, Priest...
Owen
QUOTE (Ben C @ Jul 1 2007, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's no reason why anyone should stop listenening to Classic Rock just like theres no reason for people to stop listening to Metal, or Punk-Rock, or whatever you're into. There will always be people who like to listen to that genre of music.

Just because its older doesn't mean people can't like it just as much as Pantera, Opeth, or any band.

Woah woah, you all seem to have construed this as a personal attack on your heritage or w/e, let me assure you, its not. To put what I was saying into context - There seems to be at the moment a surge towards self deprecating genre's such as Rap and Hip-Hop, meanwhile everyone else with half a brain seems to be listening to Classic Rock, sure, its good stuff, I listen to a bit of Zepplin and Floyd every once in a while. I'm just commenting on the fact that people seem to remain overtly nostalgic on what has happened and thus nothing intresting, or expressive seems to be happening in today's music. I'm not for ignoring History, but accepting what has happened of interest and moving forward with it. Guitarman, it wasnt meant as an attack on you or what you do, hell, I dont even know you, but it was more of a social comment in general, please dont be offended.
Guitarman700
okay. when i posted that i was having a bad day. didnt get better. so, im sorry, i understand now where your coming from. so were cool cool.gif
SLASH91
Hmm...my favorite bands are:

Guns N' Roses ohmy.gif Velvet Revolver is goo too
Mettalica
Iron Maiden
Dragonforce
a bunch more
and even though they're not very muscically talented I like Linkin Park
Smikey2006
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Jul 1 2007, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"7) Steve Vai - One of the most talented, versatile, inspiring, and emotional guitarists ive ever heard, he has songs for no matter what mood im in. He just flat out inspires"
Im Getting steve vai tickets!

ive got vai tickets biggrin.gif

and id like to add a few bands biggrin.gif

1) Opeth( I WANT THE NEW ALBUM SOO BAD>> IM GUNNA CALL A PREORDER IT BEFORE ITS EVEN FINISHED biggrin.gif)
2) Blind Guardian- epicness and Hanzi's Vocals Never Faulter!
3)- Dark tranquillity
4)Nile
5) Red hot chili peppers- great chill music, old stuff more than new except for snow ( love it)
6)-shadows fall and rage get this spot.. many more favorites all for good reasons
Sircraigery
I'd have to say (in no order at all):

Pink Floyd
Eric Clapton
GNR
Death
GWAR
Ozzy Osbourne
The Highwaymen (don't act so surprised)
Scorpions
Black Sabbath
Millencolin
Rancid (no wait...I hate Rancid, but I love the song Time Bomb)

If you've never heard any one of them, let me know and I'll tell you the songs I like by each band.
The Uncreator
QUOTE (Sircraigery @ Jul 2 2007, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd have to say (in no order at all):

Pink Floyd
Eric Clapton
GNR
Death
GWAR
Ozzy Osbourne
The Highwaymen (don't act so surprised)
Scorpions
Black Sabbath
Millencolin
Rancid (no wait...I hate Rancid, but I love the song Time Bomb)

If you've never heard any one of them, let me know and I'll tell you the songs I like by each band.

GODS

R.I.P. Chuck
rokchik
In no particular order:

Led Zeppelin - It's Zeppelin what else do I need to say...

Rage Against the Machine - Amazing thought provoking lyrics without being preachy over a kick as* sound created by one of the most original guitarists ever.

Guns N' Roses - My life has a GNR soundtrack... they have always been there through the good and the bad. Will always be one of my favorites.

The Rolling Stones - They've been around forever and are still going strong. Charlie Watts is just a cool mutha.

Metallica - Great riffs and just a great metal band. Probably my first real intro into metal.

Fleetwood Mac - Just a classic band...great songs with a lot of heart. Lindsey Buckingham is one of the greatest guitarists ever in my opinion.

Oasis - I just love them...Noel Gallagher is such a talented musician.
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jul 2 2007, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fleetwood Mac - Just a classic band...great songs with a lot of heart. Lindsey Buckingham is one of the greatest guitarists ever in my opinion.

Yay for Fleetwood Mac! I was looking through my music collection yesterday and came across Rumours, and I thought to my self, pity noone on GMC ever mentions Fleetwood Mac smile.gif

QUOTE (rokchik @ Jul 2 2007, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oasis - I just love them...Noel Gallagher is such a talented musician.

Um ... possibly our first disagreement Rokchik! I have to admit their songs are catchy and they deserve their popularity, but I can't get past the fact that Noel is such a Jerk - really spoils it for me.
Eat-Sleep-andJam
QUOTE (Resurrection @ Jul 1 2007, 02:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) Rush
Tremendous musicians and composers. Have never been scared to re-invent themselves. Geddys vocal style isn't for everyone, but there you go.

2) Rage Against The Machine
Innovative guitar textures and thoughtful lyrics against a rockin rhythm section!

3) Joe Satriani
OK, more an individual than a band, but he's as good as a band! The only rock guitar instrumentalist that consistently keeps me interested in that genre.

4) Red Hot Chili Peppers
Great songwriting. Fleas bass lines. The emotion John wrings from a guitar. Need I say more?
There's a bunch of other bands I listen to a lot, but those 4 have probably had the biggest effect on my attitude to playing the guitar.

Exactly . At least someone feels the same way I do.

_In regards to the person that likes Fall out boy._

Dont be embarrased or what ever of what you like. If you like it, who gives a shit what others think you know ? I will admit from kindergarten through 3rd grade my favorite color was purple. My sister called me a fag non-stop. But it didnt matter. I liked purple. And didnt care what she thought. And it wasnt until I changed my favorite color that I relized how gay it truely was. But do you get what im Saying ? tongue.gif

- John
Sircraigery
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 2 2007, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dont be embarrased or what ever of what you like. If you like it, who gives a shit what others think you know ? I will admit from kindergarten through 3rd grade my favorite color was purple. My sister called me a fag non-stop. But it didnt matter. I liked purple. And didnt care what she thought. And it wasnt until I changed my favorite color that I relized how gay it truely was. But do you get what im Saying ? tongue.gif
- John

Try being named Craig with 2 older sisters.....it rhymes! haha
Pantalaimon
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 2 2007, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
- John

my favorite color is purple. biggrin.gif

But thanks for that, haha I'm not really that embarrassed about it (if I was, I wouldn't have posted it)...I just get a hard time every once in a while because Fall Out Boy really aren't very talented in the music department...so people assume I have no taste in music henceforth.
Guitarman700
"Um ... possibly our first disagreement Rokchik! I have to admit their songs are catchy and they deserve their popularity, but I can't get past the fact that Noel is such a Jerk - really spoils it for me."
I hate Noel Gallagher.... especially for his mean, stupid attackes against the great phil collins.
Resurrection
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Jul 2 2007, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Um ... possibly our first disagreement Rokchik! I have to admit their songs are catchy and they deserve their popularity, but I can't get past the fact that Noel is such a Jerk - really spoils it for me."
I hate Noel Gallagher.... especially for his mean, stupid attackes against the great phil collins.

I don't object to Noels personality so much, but I do think his songwriting has stagnated badly since "Morning Glory". To me, Oasis now sound like their own tribute band - if you get what I mean!
rokchik
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 2 2007, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yay for Fleetwood Mac! I was looking through my music collection yesterday and came across Rumours, and I thought to my self, pity noone on GMC ever mentions Fleetwood Mac smile.gif
Um ... possibly our first disagreement Rokchik! I have to admit their songs are catchy and they deserve their popularity, but I can't get past the fact that Noel is such a Jerk - really spoils it for me.

He is a jerk...true. But Liam is a bigger one. laugh.gif I just really like their stuff and Noel does most of the writing. but Yeah I agree they are pretty pri*kish.

And ya gotta love Fleetwood Mac. Rumors is an awesome album. I love "The Dance" DVD and CD. Lindsey's version of "Big Love" from that is amazing. I posted it in the guitarist analyis section a little while ago.

QUOTE (Resurrection @ Jul 2 2007, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't object to Noels personality so much, but I do think his songwriting has stagnated badly since "Morning Glory". To me, Oasis now sound like their own tribute band - if you get what I mean!

Definatley Maybe was the best stuff they ever did. Morning Glory was definatley the more commercial album though. As for the newer stuff I kinda agree with what you said, but I think it's more of them trying really hard to get back to the Defiatley Maybe days. I still like them though regardless.
stratman33
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Jun 30 2007, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, i used to hate heavy metal till about a year ago, so yeah. im just having a really bad day, my xbox 360 DESTROYS FOR NO REASON my elder scrolls 4: oblivion(my Favorite game ever) game disc by SCRATCHING ALL THE WAY THROUGh IT!

Awww man that SUCKS! I have a 360 also, and i love it. Did you get a new one? Oh ya and have you played the game Crackdown before?It's really good,if you have a 360 still you should try it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.