Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unleech Musical Unleashing
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > Cosmin Lupu
Pages: 1, 2
Cosmin Lupu
Crazy thread name? biggrin.gif Thought so too tongue.gif

Well, out of what I noticed, your right hand picking technique needs some cleaning up as well as your hand sync at some points, this is why, I would like us to start with the following two lessons in the displayed order:

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch/
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch-II/

Please focus on the following aspects:

1) Right hand

- as little movement as possible
- pick ONLY from the wrist
- the picking motion has to be strictly down up, down up... in a vertical plane

2) Left hand

- move away from the neck as little as possible - the larger the movements the more difficult it will be to catch speed smile.gif

Play slow until you can nail each and every detail and then record them - deal?

Cosmin
Unleech
Hey Cosmin,

The title rocks, yeah biggrin.gif

Indeed, you're right, I admit I have to correct some very basic aspects of my picking. Back to basics, deal ! smile.gif
Focusing on having the left hand staying the closest to the fretboard is something I have never focused on, I admit...

I will practice seriously that stuff and post when I am ready. (I have very important deadlines at work though, so I'll do what I can)

Thank you for your help, I'm very grateful and super motivated. Let's rise!

Unleech

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 21 2013, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crazy thread name? biggrin.gif Thought so too tongue.gif

Well, out of what I noticed, your right hand picking technique needs some cleaning up as well as your hand sync at some points, this is why, I would like us to start with the following two lessons in the displayed order:

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch/
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch-II/

Please focus on the following aspects:

1) Right hand

- as little movement as possible
- pick ONLY from the wrist
- the picking motion has to be strictly down up, down up... in a vertical plane

2) Left hand

- move away from the neck as little as possible - the larger the movements the more difficult it will be to catch speed smile.gif

Play slow until you can nail each and every detail and then record them - deal?

Cosmin

Cosmin Lupu
I am here and I got your back mate! Looking forward to your post smile.gif
Unleech
I'm practicing.
Though I admit I've always had issues with strict alternate picking, because of inside picking. When upstroking and downstroking the next string higher.
I am more confortable with economy for that type of runs (I would like to develop that one too), but I think it's also important to try and master strict alternate for many licks.

So I'm practicing and taking my time with that right issue.

I'll be back with the results! smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Hehe, mate - don't run away from things wink.gif face them and conquer them. Alternate picking and legato are the most important picking techniques in my opinion, simply because you will encounter them in 90 % of the situations. If you have any questions until finishing the lessons, by all means, do ask! I am here to help smile.gif

Cosmin
Unleech
Hey dude,

I've been practicing quite a lot and methodically these lessons (except the third). Strict alternate picking gives me hard time (the out picking thing...), and I've never practiced it HARD to have a very proper technique. So, I try to do my best, I practice very slow until I get it. I'm really motivated to FACE things I don't know how to do properly. I already see results, it's very rewarding.
I'll keep practicing, and show you as soon as I feel ready. I don't want to rush.

Besides, I think I've practiced so much picking this last week, that my right forearm, and my hands (almost everything to sum up) hurt a little bit. Don't know if it's guitar, or table football, or both of them biggrin.gif
So I'm taking a little break !

I would like to record a close video of my right hand doing speed picking, in order to have your feedback on what's good/bad. Is it possible ? May help to point out weaknesses or bad moves before I practice too deeply.

Seeya,

Arthur

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 23 2013, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hehe, mate - don't run away from things wink.gif face them and conquer them. Alternate picking and legato are the most important picking techniques in my opinion, simply because you will encounter them in 90 % of the situations. If you have any questions until finishing the lessons, by all means, do ask! I am here to help smile.gif

Cosmin

Cosmin Lupu
Not only that it is possible, I would really ask you to do it! smile.gif The more I see, the more I know -> the more I can help you wink.gif

Take it easy on the practicing and ALWAYS warm up before playing - DO NOT in any case push yourself towards the point of pain. When you feel pain, it is a way in which your body is telling you that you're doing something wrong. Stop, cool down and start again slower.

You see, if you focus on playing with good timing, good articulation, clean and with intention all at slow speed, which is gradually raised when you feel comfortable, the results will astound you smile.gif

Please send me the close up video, ok?

Cosmin
Unleech
I started practicing with a blindfold. I've never done that before. It really makes me focus on the sound, and trying to point out what is wrong with each run, rather than the moving of the fingers. I think it's really helping!

Ok, I'll record something next time I practice, on saturday I think.

Arthur

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 28 2013, 07:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not only that it is possible, I would really ask you to do it! smile.gif The more I see, the more I know -> the more I can help you wink.gif

Take it easy on the practicing and ALWAYS warm up before playing - DO NOT in any case push yourself towards the point of pain. When you feel pain, it is a way in which your body is telling you that you're doing something wrong. Stop, cool down and start again slower.

You see, if you focus on playing with good timing, good articulation, clean and with intention all at slow speed, which is gradually raised when you feel comfortable, the results will astound you smile.gif

Please send me the close up video, ok?

Cosmin

Cosmin Lupu
Hey man! Wow biggrin.gif You like challenges huh? I will keep this in mind!

Now, playing blindfolded, is a good way of practicing AFTER you have developed your muscle memory, not before smile.gif

Focus on what your fingers/hands are doing and after you have played perfectly with all your senses aware - sight, in our case - blindfold yourself, ok? Looking forward to see the vid smile.gif
Unleech
Sorry for not posting the video. In fact I captured one, and the quality is bad, we can't see anything. A new cam is coming, I wait for that.

Meanwhile, I keep practicing! I even built my own exercices, I am working on, at the same time as yours. They are focusing on the inside picking that I really don't like. I need a lot of work, but I'll eventually get where I want smile.gif

I have a question regarding practicing the "good way".
Let's say I'm working on a lick, a riff or something. I can play it at tempo 60, almost effortlessly, it's fluid and my hands are not contracted or I don't feel discomfort. Now at 65, there problems come. My hands are contracted, and after a few runs they start to tire, and it becomes harder and harder. I can almost play the lick, but it's not perfect and I am not "effortless".

I know that the second is not good, it shows that more practice is needed, to reach the "effortless" level, without contractions. However my question is the following :
According to you, where is the "sweet spot" I need to work on, in order to be the most efficient in the learning process? Is there at the level I start struggling, or the one I am comfortable with? Do I have to work more where I am comfortable so that it spreads to near tempo, and then rise it ? Or do I have to tackle the tempo I don't master? But I am afraid of creating bad habits, as the playing is "contracted" and not relaxed.

What do you think ?

I am quite aware of the process of learning, however, I would like to have your point of view and your experience, in order to optimize it as much as I can. I have read books on "developping talents" and stuff like that, I learnt many things and it is very interesting and motivating.

Thank you!

Arthur
Cosmin Lupu
Hehehe! Good question man! I will tell you my thoughts in a video wink.gif Stay tuned!
Unleech
I have so much techniques I need and want to work on ahah...

I also want to work a bit on sweep picking, and chord changing. I want to go back to basics. I am not that bad at sweep picking, but my technique is not really solid and accurate enough...

I picked up two exercices you gave by video on the forum.

In one you talk about chord changing, and the other sweep picking. I have lots of problems with chord changing as I started VERY late being interested about chords... Let's say I used power chords only for 5 years ahah... But now I understand the importance and richness of them, and I want to integrate them in my playing. But my chord changing needs a lot of work. I don't succeed in "instant" changing chords, with all the fingers at the same time. That's why I need to work on that specific technique.
So I will practice the exercice you gave "with mikey".

And then, you gave a pretty useful exercice, for sweep picking (and economy). Just 3 strings coming and going pattern : string 3 2 1 1 2 3 3 2 1 ...
Very useful. I got aware that I don't manage this one, although it is pretty simple.

So I'll also work on both of them, at the same time as the "picking" one you gave me.
Cosmin Lupu
Good call man smile.gif I will go shoot the video for you in a few minutes and we will start the discussion like this wink.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 3 2013, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hehehe! Good question man! I will tell you my thoughts in a video wink.gif Stay tuned!

here we go:

Unleech
Hello man,

Thank you for the explanation, and taking the time for making a video smile.gif
I was already doing the "push the limit and then come back", and I also read a post here on GMC.

However, I admit I may have been a little harsh by increasing the tempo by 5bpm.
I will proceed as you tell me.
Maybe doing cycles of 5/10 reps at fixed tempo, and 1bpm increase between cycles, with a range of 3 to 5 bpm. I'll try this !

Arthur
Cosmin Lupu
Hey man, for some people 5 BPM can feel right, for others it can feel a bit too much - for instance, Petrucci recommended people to increase the tempo with 8 BPM each time, when practicing his exercises on the Rock Discipline DVD. I think it's more of a 'try what works best for you' and make a rule out of that wink.gif

Show me some vids and we'll see what's what from there!

Cosmin
Unleech
Yeah, you're right.

I'll record something tomorrow.

Arthur

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 5 2013, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey man, for some people 5 BPM can feel right, for others it can feel a bit too much - for instance, Petrucci recommended people to increase the tempo with 8 BPM each time, when practicing his exercises on the Rock Discipline DVD. I think it's more of a 'try what works best for you' and make a rule out of that wink.gif

Show me some vids and we'll see what's what from there!

Cosmin

Unleech
I have other question concerning practicing.
I was reading a post here on GMC about practicing routines, and I saw a person quoting Tom Hess:
1. Determine your maximum playing speed for a technique and then, calculate your respective percentages.
2. Practice at 30%-25% of your Max speed for 5 consecutive sessions.
3. Practice at 50% of your Max speed for 3 consecutive sessions.
4. Practice at 60%-65% of your Max speed for 3 consecutive sessions.
5. Practice at 80% of your Max speed for 5 consecutive sessions.
6. Practice at 90% of your Max speed for 7-10 consecutive sessions.
7. Practice at 100% for 7-10 sessions.
8. Re-evaluate your max speed.
9. When comfortable do 3 practice sessions rotating:
• Session 1 = 60%
• Session 2 = 80%
• Session 3 = 90%
10. After each session play at 100% for a few minutes.
11. Measure your new speed, adjust metronome speeds accordingly.

I am wondering, for practicing essential techniques such as alternate, sweep etc... If I am dealing with it the right way.
When I practice, in general I spend most of my time practicing at a speed right below my "max speed". When I feel it's too weak, I get the bpm lower. However, I have never established some kind of plan like quoted before.
Maybe practicing really slow compared to the max speed would be more beneficial. Maybe practicing at fixed speed, starting from low, and sticking to it all a session (even if it feels "ok") would help build a more accurate and sound technique.

Instead, my approach is: I often start at a bpm where I am comfortable (which is in general lower than the session before, because I am not as warmed up), then I practice, then when it is really comfortable, I increase the bpm.
For instance, for this inside picking technique, I often start at 50/55bpm, then go back to 45, then 50, 55, 60. And the next session is similar, and the next...

I guess it is an alternative to the quoted one. Do you think some way are better than others ?

Thanks,

Arthur
Cosmin Lupu
Hey man smile.gif I tend to stick to the procedure you are using although the one showed at first, seems to be a little bit more methodical. Why not try it and see if it gives you results which are better and more obvious than the ones you got using your method? You should pursue with the best one. There is no wrong or right, there is only that which works best and in order to find that - try both and compare the results - ice cold and you will see what to go with smile.gif
Unleech
Hey mate,

Here is a take.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRMoeJHgJro...eature=youtu.be

Didn't play an exercice you gave me, I do runs that emphasize the picking runs with inside picking.

Tell me what you think.

Arthur
Cosmin Lupu
Hello Arthur - this seems to be in good timing!

Don't you feel that hand position a bit cumbersome? I just tried it and it felt really weird for me as it makes my hand cramp up... Guess not everything works for everybody tongue.gif I was just curious if you ever tried to keep the thumb, pick, index ensemble NOT pushed behind the middle finger... Hope I am making sense here smile.gif
Unleech
I don't really understand the point. Could you make some photo example ?

I want to understand because, yes my right hand does cramp up biggrin.gif

I was once pointed out a "weird" right hand, by Darius I think. But I didn't understand.
And YES, my hand does cramp up. So I'm really interested in you explaining a little bit more.

QUOTE (Unleech @ Jul 7 2013, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really understand the point. Could you make some photo example ?

I want to understand because, yes my right hand does cramp up biggrin.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Hey buddy smile.gif Check out some pics here: the first two are 'YES that's the relaxed manner' laugh.gif and the third one is what I think you are doing now which can most possibly be the cramping reason smile.gif That positions causes tension because the the thumb pushes the index against the other fingers. Try to keep your hand with the palm parallel to the strings and the finger tips of the middle, ring and little finger perpendicular on the guitar body (they don't necessarily touch it)

Unleech
OKAY!
I didn't really see the difference between the two cases in your example, however I think I have found out what's wrong.
I've just analyzed the way I hold the pick. You are terribly right, I am forcing on the thumb, and it pushes the index back, and it creates tension. Now I realize that I am really pushing on the thumb. I need to remove this.
I was aware these last days, while practicing intensively speed picking, that there was something weird to correct in my picking. But didn't notice that it was the thumb... However it's true that I have repetitive cramp up when practicing...

I am going to try and correct that. I will post videos to show you so that you validate smile.gif

Thank you, I think it will bring a huge improvement. I was tired of being tired in the right hand biggrin.gif

By the way... It's about time I correct that point, because it would eventually lead to injury...
Unleech
Oh god, I just tested to have a free-tension right hand. I can hold the pick, without forcing on my thumb. That's wonderful I have no tensions xD. Never feelt that ahah!
Here is a video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOrTmEoPDVU...eature=youtu.be

I truly have 0 tension in my thumb, and the playing is very more comfortable. I haven't practiced it and I've been playing with that tension since I play guitar so...
I don't notice a huge visual difference, but the feeling is not the same at all. I am very relaxed, and even the inside picking doesn't make me feel additionnal tensionn, which was the case.

I will focus on practicing without that thumb tension. I am sure it will be a huge improvement !
Cosmin Lupu
Hey buddy! GREAT! This looks totally nice! It is incredible how good it feels, right? biggrin.gif

There is no difference between the first two pics - I just wanted you to see how the hand looks from each side wink.gif Now, work on the exercises using your newly acquired technique - it won't matter if you feel slow at this point, because you need time for your body to fully assimilate the new technique.

Tell me, do you feel like the exercises I have given you are too easy now?
Unleech
To be honest I think it is a real breakthrough for my technique... I have always felt that feel of tension and delt with that thinking it was unavoidable. And it was really slowing me down and it was a limit.

Really cool to feel the hands very relaxed. I really focus on letting my hand as relaxed as possible. I know that that way, very high speed are reacheable... Which wasn't the case with my old technique.

Don't worry, I am not rushing speed. I played about all the day yesterday (8 hours maybe...), only practicing the stuff I was on before that, but integrating the "relaxed" technique. I started veeeeeeeery slow, and didn't hesitate to practice long enough at ridiculous speeds. I don't want to rush, I want to build a solid and accurate technique, now that I know the right one.

So, I want to tell you that NO, the exercices you gave me are not easy yet, because I need to take time to incorporate this new technique. I would like to spend a week or two on them again at least. My aim is getting a 10 after submitting a REC. biggrin.gif

Arthur

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 8 2013, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey buddy! GREAT! This looks totally nice! It is incredible how good it feels, right? biggrin.gif

There is no difference between the first two pics - I just wanted you to see how the hand looks from each side wink.gif Now, work on the exercises using your newly acquired technique - it won't matter if you feel slow at this point, because you need time for your body to fully assimilate the new technique.

Tell me, do you feel like the exercises I have given you are too easy now?

Cosmin Lupu
Hello Arthur!

I think that your approach is very good! I am waiting on some videos then and if everything is top notch, we will move further to more tasks, deal?
Unleech
Yeah, that is fine!

I will have to practice quite a lot in order to fit comfortably and solidly this new picking approach into my playing, because I have years and years of bad habits to erase...
However, amazingly I feel that it is being integrated in my playing quite fast. I will show you some vids tonight, so you can judge it by yourself!

Arthur

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 9 2013, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello Arthur!

I think that your approach is very good! I am waiting on some videos then and if everything is top notch, we will move further to more tasks, deal?

Unleech
Hey Cosmin,

I would like to talk about theory with you.
I have despised music theory for years. Since last year only, I understand the importance of it. I bought some books, and started reading a lot. AsI didn't practice a lot with chords and stuff, I can't remember a lot. However, my view of harmony has greatly changed. I think a lot more in term of intervals.

I have been composing for a year, and I never knew theory. However, I think it is quite important, and it may be the right moment to get into. In fact, I DONT want to spend my practice time applying theory, for now. Because to me, I have a lot HARD SKILLS to develop, namely my picking technique... I think it is more important to emphasize that aspect now, than theory.
However, I have 1 hour of transport from work to home twice a day, and it may be a time I can invest in it!

Let me describe you more or less what I have learnt about theory:
* I know the intervals, I know how to locate them on the neck
* I know the major scale / I know how to harmonize it
I know the different patterns (mode), I can play them machinaly but without really linking them together
* I know how to construct a lot of chords (maj/min, all the 7th, some others... 6th, add/sus 2)

And ... here it is. To sum up, I know how to construct chords starting from a root. My vision is really in term of "intervals". But I have not really harmony theory.
For instance, I know how to form 6th chords etc... But I am incapable of making a chord progression with chords other than the basic ones.

In fact, I bought a gypsy jazz guitar. Because I love this style of music, and I would like to learn it. However, chord jazz are not simple, and I may need some extra theory work.

So now I would like to know:
What do you think, for me, would be useful to learn in term of theory? What are in order the things that one must know?
What could I practice during my transport time? I have a tablet I could use for that, or I don't know.

I would like to have your point of view, given your experience on that theory thing.

Thanks smile.gif

Arthur
Cosmin Lupu
Mate - theory is not something that you can treat as 'an extra' smile.gif I will make a movie for ya, as I think it is better that way - stay tuned wink.gif
Unleech
I know that it is something that has to be worked and incorporated into practice. Although I would like to find out what may be possible to work the way I said. For instance, learning the chords paterns or I don't know...
Cosmin Lupu
Hey mate - got somethin for ya:

and the lesson I am talking about in the video:

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Triads..._Series_Part_1/
Unleech
Hello Cosmin!

Thank you for your video. It's a pleasure to listen to your speechs smile.gif.

Ok, first let me tell you that, I am totally aware of what you said at the beginning. I know for sure that theory is important.
In fact, I was stuborn, and I believed that theory wasn't for me. But it was before! As I told you, it's been a year since I first realize how theory was hidden in everything I did correctly musically.
I would add that theory is also a sort of scientific approach of MUSIC, and explains things that we perceive as emotions with a sort of universal language, as you said. I am very aware of that, and I know that I know nothing, but there are many possibilities that will open up when I will go into it.

I agree with you on the transport thing. It is not a good idea, because not focused. However, I often use a program
which makes me learn intervals. It make two sounds and I have to tell if it's a major 3rd, a 4th or ... I think, this is nice.

For what you said about developping a vision and understanding how note succeed each other, I already do that. I see why certain notes are here and why there. I can feel a lot of concepts hidden in what sounds nice to me, or in my compositions. However, I addmit not understanding a lot musically.
But I wiwll do as you said, I will take time on my practice to work on concepts.

For your exercice, I admit I am not used at all of thinking in notes. I always think in intervals only. I can't say the name of the notes. And what bother me is that when you change of root, you have to learn the notes again. It seems really hard to me, and a lot of "by heart". But I think you are right it must be essential.
I will do it as you say. I'll try and record as you say saying the name of notes.

I don't know how to use the circle of fifth.

Thanks, I will practice that smile.gif

Arthur
Cosmin Lupu
Understanding what you need to work on is crucial in solving an issue in your development, regardless of the field, so I think we are halfway on the good path, as long as we totally agree on things! smile.gif

So, please stick to the exercise and AND smile.gif read a little bit on the lesson notes in the posts below, that are in close connection with the circle of 5ths (post 168-171). If you understand things - I will give you tasks based upon the circle - looking forward to hear your conclusions and questions after reading the materials, deal?

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=615043
Unleech
I want to warn you, I am VERY not used to thinking in term of notes. As I told you I've only thinked in term of intervals. So let me take some time to digest the C major scale harmonized...ok? biggrin.gif

Then, let me share with you my thoughts. I am afraid that I will learn the C maj harmonized triads. As I don't understand a lot so far, I will have to learn it by heart. Then when I'll have to be on a different scale, everything fall apparts!! I will be lost with the "circle" changing, with the bemol and flat... But I guess it is the purpose of the circle of fifth.
All in all, I have trouble seeing if learning the notes will help me understand the whole thing. But I trust you and I will do that. Sometimes, in order to understand we have to learn by heart first.

I'll go through the post, and ask my question if I have later !

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 13 2013, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Understanding what you need to work on is crucial in solving an issue in your development, regardless of the field, so I think we are halfway on the good path, as long as we totally agree on things! smile.gif

So, please stick to the exercise and AND smile.gif read a little bit on the lesson notes in the posts below, that are in close connection with the circle of 5ths (post 168-171). If you understand things - I will give you tasks based upon the circle - looking forward to hear your conclusions and questions after reading the materials, deal?

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=615043

Cosmin Lupu
I think I am starting to figure out the missing links in your musical vocabulary smile.gif take care of the tasks and hopefully I will have assumed things right and we'll jump the hurdle!

Looking forward to hear your thoughts after going through the circle related materials and the harmonization principles!
Unleech
Nice !
I am on my way !

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 14 2013, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I am starting to figure out the missing links in your musical vocabulary smile.gif take care of the tasks and hopefully I will have assumed things right and we'll jump the hurdle!

Looking forward to hear your thoughts after going through the circle related materials and the harmonization principles!

Unleech
Hello Cosmin,

Just a message to tell you that I am not dead! Sorry for disappearing.
I've been quite out of time this last month, and I needed a kind of break with practicing, and time to devote to other interest I have. I only play a bit of acoustic guitar from time to time.

I will come back soon to go back to the practicing!

See you later mate!

Arthur

QUOTE (Unleech @ Jul 14 2013, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice !
I am on my way !

Cosmin Lupu
Hey Arthur - I am here, man smile.gif Come back when you think you are ready to start things again smile.gif
Unleech
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 10 2013, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Arthur - I am here, man smile.gif Come back when you think you are ready to start things again smile.gif

Hey Cosmin,

It's been a long time!
I admit I have not taken time to practice. Just because I don't feel like. And there were holidays. And it's been a key time in my work, my emotional life, spiritual life, ahahah... Much in a row to handle smile.gif
I have less time to dedicate to guitar, and I spend it playing just for fun or composing. I have played some acoustics too.
Maybe I practiced too much, and it kind of bored me too. But it has always been like that, It is kind of periodical, there are months where I practice a lot, and then I pause, and then I practice again... It's my way tongue.gif

However, I would love to get your feedback on some compositions I have made lately. I composed a song these last few days, that would be great if you could give me your feedback on it.
Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/971injabpfhdqc6/c...%202109%205.mp3

Don't hesitate to criticize. It's a draft, so don't judge the quality of recording or mixing and so on... Only focus on the composition in itself.

EDIT: the link
Cosmin Lupu
Hey mate - welcome back smile.gif

I think that this is definitely a huge step forward and I think you did a great job. I also commented in the other thread where you posted it, so now, a few questions arise:

- will it be an instrumental tune only?
- will it have any vocals?
- is this the final structure?

I also liked those leads I heard there in the conversation you had with Vince!

At this point, it sounds pretty much interesting and it doesn't leave me feeling like it misses something smile.gif

Unleech
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 23 2013, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey mate - welcome back smile.gif

I think that this is definitely a huge step forward and I think you did a great job. I also commented in the other thread where you posted it, so now, a few questions arise:

- will it be an instrumental tune only?
- will it have any vocals?
- is this the final structure?

I also liked those leads I heard there in the conversation you had with Vince!

At this point, it sounds pretty much interesting and it doesn't leave me feeling like it misses something smile.gif

Hey Cosmin,

I saw your post. Thank you for helping I appreciate!
Indeed, I really start making composition I actually like, which is really motivating smile.gif

I don't know, I think it will be instrumental.
But I have a friend of mine (a girl) who could be interested... I have to see with her.

No, the structure is not the final one. I made it two days ago, but it is very opened to modifications. I have to take a global view of the whole song, and adjust some things.
I will take all of your (you and the other GMC guys) advice in consideration, and be happy to make it better!

I will wait some days, and start working again on it so that I have a fresh look at it!

I keep you informed!

Arthur
Cosmin Lupu
Hey Arthur! Would you prefer that I post the video in which I want to talk about the moods of the song, in here or in the other thread? smile.gif
Unleech
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 24 2013, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Arthur! Would you prefer that I post the video in which I want to talk about the moods of the song, in here or in the other thread? smile.gif

Post it on the other thread, so that everyone can access it, I see no objection !

Thank you !

smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Alrightie! smile.gif Here ya go - I'll also post it in the other thread:

Unleech
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 24 2013, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alrightie! smile.gif Here ya go - I'll also post it in the other thread:

Hello buddy!

Sorry, I didn't see taht you posted the video.
I just lokked at it, and I think that it is a good idea. I am gonna try and implement that sort of thing into the song, and try to make a lead more present and that gives a direction to the song!

I keep you informed!

Arthur
Cosmin Lupu
Hey mate smile.gif No worries - glad ya found it - just keep me posted and we'll see what direction your song will take wink.gif
Unleech
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 5 2013, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey mate smile.gif No worries - glad ya found it - just keep me posted and we'll see what direction your song will take wink.gif

Hey Cosmin,

I've just submitted a new post, requesting some feedback on a new composition, in practice room. I'd like to have yours!

I didn't manage to bring the last composition what was missing. And there are so many ideas flowing in my mind!!!
I just put it aside for the moment, and maybe later I'll have fresh ideas for it!

But there is my first composition non-metal, and I like the atmosphere, the harmony. It is very weird, but I like it !
I am looking forward to hear your thougths about it!

See you bro
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Unleech @ Oct 28 2013, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Cosmin,

I've just submitted a new post, requesting some feedback on a new composition, in practice room. I'd like to have yours!

I didn't manage to bring the last composition what was missing. And there are so many ideas flowing in my mind!!!
I just put it aside for the moment, and maybe later I'll have fresh ideas for it!

But there is my first composition non-metal, and I like the atmosphere, the harmony. It is very weird, but I like it !
I am looking forward to hear your thougths about it!

See you bro

Hey Arthur! Right on it man smile.gif I think you did a very, very good job, mate! Here are my thoughts:

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=663824
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.