Full Version: Take 2: Pop Rock Solo - Beginner
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Nike
Original lesson: Pop Rock Solo - Beginner by Stephane Lucarelli

I think I improved a little

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=49566
Darius Wave
Hey Nike! First of all I like Your attitude and will to work smile.gif)) You're gonna be a great player someday You'll see smile.gif

But...Have some patience and wait for other two instrucotrs advices on Your first take. Someone else could catch some additional details and overall help from at least 3 instructors will be more efficient.

For now...It's cleaner (less noise) and I hear the improvements in the bending pitch but the are still problems...this time in other places like 0:29 and 0:42 to 0:50.

I think You need to give Yourself more time with this lesson and maybe even do some break / other lesson for bending to get more precise in it. Some of the skills of guitar playing won't come that quickly smile.gif Ear training and mastering the mechanics of bending is time taking and works best if trained on a few different fields.

What I can suggest is to use some kind of headstock tuner and watch it while bending notes. You can practice with the slowest backingtrack for this lesson. This will give You the time to correct the pitch.

I hope this will help You a bit smile.gif Even most talented people had to spend some time to polish their skills....so do not ruch, take as much time as You need smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi again man! I definitely think that you are improving. There is still room to improve, but I can note that your fingers are now more comfortable with bends and vibrato. However I agree with Darius, you need more days of practice to adjust the pitch of your bends because most of them are out of pitch.

Please check the first part of this video where you will find a very good exercise and explanation for bending and vibrato.

Cosmin Lupu
Hey again man - ambition and hard work will always help you get far, so congrats on the improvements. On the other hand, to second Gabe and Darius - articulation is a skill which is polished in time, so do not rush. What other lessons involving bends and vibrato would you like to try? The more you do it and the more conscious you are of how you would like to sound when executing this technique, the better it will become!

Write me a PM if you wish to develop the subject!

Cosmin
Fran
Pass: 8
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.