Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Song Premiere: Dream Theater
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Gabriel Leopardi
Hey guys! Here you can check new DT song!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2...emiere/2613895/
MonkeyDAthos
Just did, i like it biggrin.gif
Reminds me of a mix between Black Clouds and Silver Linnings and Scenes from a Memory.
Can't wait for the whole album.
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Aug 5 2013, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just did, i like it biggrin.gif
Reminds me of a mix between Black Clouds and Silver Linnings and Scenes from a Memory.
Can't wait for the whole album.

yeah, I also liked the track. I like when they combine their melodic side with the riffing like in this track.
Ben Higgins
I don't really listen much to DT but I do enjoy their stuff if it's on.

That track was really good - great groove and melody.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about the mix... saying guitars are too loud, vocals too low.. and a lot of people hate the snare drum but I think it sounds great.
Nether
The owner of this track has not made this sound available for streaming in your location.

I hate that b****sh*t. Do they have something against Spain?? I don't get why some people do this kind of things.
VilleFIN
QUOTE (Nether @ Aug 6 2013, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The owner of this track has not made this sound available for streaming in your location.

I hate that b****sh*t. Do they have something against Spain?? I don't get why some people do this kind of things.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.b...er/dreamtheater

Does this work ??

Man that was über tight riffing from Petrucci ! And whole song was good smile.gif
Nether
QUOTE (WeePee @ Aug 6 2013, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.b...er/dreamtheater

Does this work ??

Man that was über tight riffing from Petrucci ! And whole song was good smile.gif

Yeah, it works Great, thanks!
Todd Simpson
I think folks are reacting badly to the "Dokkenesque" big snare thing. The snare has a good bit of low mid so it doesn't sound as tight as many prog bands tend to go these days. A bit more boofy. I must admit it threw me off at first as well. The mix doesn't sound quite complete. Almost like they released a rough mix without mastering. But hey it's DT and it grooves!!!!

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 6 2013, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really listen much to DT but I do enjoy their stuff if it's on.

That track was really good - great groove and melody.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about the mix... saying guitars are too loud, vocals too low.. and a lot of people hate the snare drum but I think it sounds great.
Mertay
The stream sound is absolutly terrible, it sounds like a stem-supercompressed mastering. One can make hiphop if he sampled those drums smile.gif

Decreasing mp3 quality to such point was a terrible idea but I'd guess the cd will sound much better.
TeoWulf
Average Dream Theatre song, nothing special here. DT fans should avoid reading the spoiler...
Spoiler:
It's utter crap of the worst kind.

... seriously
Gitarrero
I think it's pretty cool, like the groove.
Gabriel Leopardi
Let's see what happens when the cd is released and we can hear the HQ audio...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.