Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Most Creative Alternative Rock Guitarists
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Gabriel Leopardi
Hey guys! I was thinking on the most creative / innovative guitar players who play alternative rock (and metal) bands from the 90's to today and the names that came to mind are (not in any specific order):

- Tom Morello
- Dimebag Darrell
- Mike Einziger
- Wes Borland
- Dave Navarro

Let's complete this list!
Gitarrero
I think Jerry Horton (Papa Roach) and Brad Delson (Linkin Park) invented some classic riffs, especially in the 90s.
klasaine
Nels Cline needs to be on that list.
Cosmin Lupu
How about Head and Munky from Korn? smile.gif
Taka Perry

Seriously though, I've been getting into him a lot quite recently, and as far as creative goes, I think he's definitely one of them smile.gif

Nether
Joey Santiago

I love Pixies, they have a simple but effective style that no one has been able to imitate, although a lot have tried tongue.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Thanks for the great additions guys. I think that we forgot Matt Bellamy... don't you think so?
Taka Perry
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 17 2013, 04:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the great additions guys. I think that we forgot Matt Bellamy... don't you think so?

Yes Matt Bellamy should be in there, especially with his Kaoss Pad guitars.

Also, I think Benn Jordan (who does The Flashbulb) should be too. Even though most of his stuff is IDM/glitch, he uses guitar a lot for atmospherics and triggering.

verciazghra
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Aug 17 2013, 04:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also, I think Benn Jordan (who does The Flashbulb) should be too. Even though most of his stuff is IDM/glitch, he uses guitar a lot for atmospherics and triggering.

My vote on this guy too, Benn Jordan is a freaking genius.
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Aug 17 2013, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wou!! thanks a lot for sharing this. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.