Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Reckong Video!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Todd Simpson
Another super spiff vid from our brother in arms BEN HIGGINS and his band THE RECKONING!!!!

*AS A SIDE NOTE!!: Ben and Myself are working on a new Single based on his HIGH RISK collaboration from way back when. I still just LOVE that track and have been wanting to expand it in to a song!!! We are finally gonna do it, woohoooo!!!!!

Dieterle
Yes this the Longboat is one of my favorite Songs from Ben and i love to listen and feel to it !

Cool Ben and You,Todd working together -- Cant wait to here and see the Result !
Gabriel Leopardi
This is a very nice track, very musical. Great job Ben! smile.gif
Ben Higgins
Thanks for sharing this T-Man !
Todd Simpson
Sure thing! smile.gif Folks are stoked for our upcoming HIGH RISK track! I"m pretty stoked myself smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 23 2013, 04:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for sharing this T-Man !

Bogdan Radovic
Beautiful song Ben! wub.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Sep 24 2013, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Beautiful song Ben! wub.gif

Thanks B-Master, it's one of my favourites ! smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
My favorite track off The Reckoning's new album! Mos def!
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 25 2013, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My favorite track off The Reckoning's new album! Mos def!

biggrin.gif

Thank you sir !
Slavenko Erazer
Killer stuff, especially like your tone in this one
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 25 2013, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Killer stuff, especially like your tone in this one

Thanks Slav.. good old Marshall ! smile.gif
Headbanger
Love it Ben!! !!! cool.gif I thought the Art was yours at the beginning it reminded me of the style that I saw in your comic stuff...but seems to have another signature?...Anyway its a good drawing and goes well with your awesome sounding guitar! smile.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Sep 25 2013, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love it Ben!! !!! cool.gif I thought the Art was yours at the beginning it reminded me of the style that I saw in your comic stuff...but seems to have another signature?...Anyway its a good drawing and goes well with your awesome sounding guitar! smile.gif

Yeah it is mine smile.gif

Todd Simpson
Very cool artwork smile.gif reminds me of my fav movie, 13th warrior when they are in the long boat coming over kill the baddies.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 25 2013, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hajduk
I agree with Cosmin fave song from the album smile.gif
Headbanger
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 25 2013, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow...good work Man! smile.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Hajduk @ Sep 25 2013, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with Cosmin fave song from the album smile.gif

Nice - that's good to hear ! smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Todd - you put the E in epicness biggrin.gif I mean, thinking of the 13th warrior, makes a lot of sense smile.gif

Ben - what inspired you to write 'The Longboat'?
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 26 2013, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Todd - you put the E in epicness biggrin.gif I mean, thinking of the 13th warrior, makes a lot of sense smile.gif

Ben - what inspired you to write 'The Longboat'?

Yes, the 13th Warrior is a great movie. Did you (and Todd) also see the more recent animated version of Beowulf ? I thought that was brilliant.

Well, there was a tv programme once about a group of modern sailors who built a replica of a Viking Ship and sailed it from Norway across to the Shetland Isles. Once there, they had to drag the ship across land. The whole vibe of it was incredible and it inspired me to come up with the main riff that you hear. I tried to find info about the programme once and found out that it was first broadcast in 1999. I don't think that's when I saw it, it must have been a bit later than that.. but it was an incredibly long time ago. I first tracked that riff onto my Fostex 4 track recorder !! biggrin.gif
mad
This is my favourite one, too - besides Lestat smile.gif
And yeah, your tone is really unique..
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (mad @ Sep 26 2013, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is my favourite one, too - besides Lestat smile.gif
And yeah, your tone is really unique..

Thanks Marc ! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.