Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New "girl" In Town!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Darius Wave
Just received a package with a Hufschmid H6 guitar prototype for test / experiments

Body made of 1 piece Sapeli Mahogany. Same with neck and fretboard. There are some custom build pickups inside but don't know the name yet P Instead of well know theory that mahogany is warm and muddy...this guitar is very bright. It's the highest quality, premium sapeli. Demos comming soon!

Click to view attachment
Gabriel Leopardi
Awesome! I will wait for you comments and video. It looks very Metal. biggrin.gif
Jouve
Nice axe, your Hufschmids sound awesome. The texture of the neck looks great. But i liked the previous headstock more smile.gif
jstcrsn
how much is that girl in left handed huh.gif
Mertay
Very nice! I always felt if a neck humbucker (specially if on the hot) should have a blade facing the neck so the output or tone won't decrease when bending, I noticed this on my guitar when tweaking the pickups smile.gif

I'm curious to hear how it sounds smile.gif
Darius Wave
It's very bright! smile.gif Got very first playthrough behind me and it's not even close what we could suspect smile.gif

jstcrsn - You have to ask Patrick directly

Mertay - I get Your point. Will take a very close look at this aspect smile.gif

Jouve - this headstock design helps strings to get straight through the nut , into the tuners wit minimal or even no angle at all. That's the main purpose smile.gif
Huargo
Nice!
liveOASISforever
Cant wait to hear you're demo Darius. Guitar looks amazing smile.gif
DeGroot

Looks beautiful! Really looking forward to hearing the demo smile.gif
Hexabuzz
Beautiful!

Looking forward to hearing it in action
Monica Gheorghevici
She look beautiful smile.gif I listened Patrick's demo but until I will say my opinion I will wait your demo wink.gif Always something will sound different in your demo biggrin.gif

Cosmin Lupu
Bro, this looks like a baritone to me smile.gif A lot like a baritone biggrin.gif How low does it go?
Darius Wave
He he smile.gif It's a regular measure - 25,5" smile.gif But the headstock is pretty long. First impressions are positive. I have 3 hufchmid's at home, all from sapeli and all have different tone and a color tone as well smile.gif That's very interesting... smile.gif All are premium quality Sapeli, and one pice body.

My thoughts on those 3 are (not supported by any knowlege, just a conclusion) that the brighter piece of mahogany the brighter guitar sounds. At least in case of those 3. I did change the pickups to have a good reference point
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 21 2014, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He he smile.gif It's a regular measure - 25,5" smile.gif But the headstock is pretty long. First impressions are positive. I have 3 hufchmid's at home, all from sapeli and all have different tone and a color tone as well smile.gif That's very interesting... smile.gif All are premium quality Sapeli, and one pice body.

My thoughts on those 3 are (not supported by any knowlege, just a conclusion) that the brighter piece of mahogany the brighter guitar sounds. At least in case of those 3. I did change the pickups to have a good reference point

You mean brighter in respect to the color of the mahogany? I tend to associate the raw wood of the Hufschmidt with the Ibanez MMM and that's why I keep looking at them like they are baritones smile.gif
Darius Wave
the headstock is a bit long and sometimes the photo perspective is not as natural as it should but for me those shapes are very regular smile.gif As for the tone it's probably the brightest mehogany guitar I ever had in my hands. There is no way I could show You via any record. You just have to take it in Your own hands smile.gif
Storm Linnebjerg
She's a beaut!
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 22 2014, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the headstock is a bit long and sometimes the photo perspective is not as natural as it should but for me those shapes are very regular smile.gif As for the tone it's probably the brightest mehogany guitar I ever had in my hands. There is no way I could show You via any record. You just have to take it in Your own hands smile.gif

I assumed so biggrin.gif The darkest one I had, was the K7 - it was like I was playing Darth Vader's voice on 7 strings and it was heavy as hell laugh.gif But, as Darth's voice, it was a bit impersonal, so that's why I thought I would say goodbye to it..
Darius Wave
As promised - very first demo smile.gif

Mertay
Honestly I can't find anything negative for the tone, seems its perfectly balanced and very dynamic smile.gif

What I thought was though the body shape and tone wasn't very complementary...I mean that guitar can get any tone no questions but when looking at that body one expects more compressed sound or when hearing the guitar imagines as if its a traditional Fender or even Gibson design. Atleast thats what I felt.

You know I like a bit more compressed pickups biggrin.gif for that guitar without changing the pickups, I'd only slap a 0.33 cap. on the volume pot (like on my ibanez and I read prs does that trick too) and that would be more than enough to make me happy smile.gif
Monica Gheorghevici
You know that I always tell my honest opinion smile.gif

For my taste the tone it's somewhere at the limit between like and unlike. And now I will argue my opinion:
On the low strings the sound it's great because it's a more open sound but on the higher strings unfortunately become unpleasant for me.
I like how sound on the solo tone but not on the heavy tone.
At the end of the video, over the backing the tone of the guitar it's somewhere in the mix and don't sound very well between the other instruments. I mean it's not so distinctive.
But overall I have the feeling that has more sustain.
I like more your Hufschmid model tongue.gif Has a richer tone smile.gif Actually your model it's one of the guitar that someday I will buy it biggrin.gif

Darius Wave
This is very interesting of how different people feel about the tone in demos smile.gif I'm curious what You'll say after hearing this one in a few different situations smile.gif

To be honest I was satisfied with the tone very much but I also know the type of tone You both Mertay and Monica like and I understand Your arguments. Personally I like bright guitars and bright pickups because of their dynamics response and response for messing with the volume knob while using real tube amp. I know what You mean about a bit compressed and warmer tone of most popular Ibanez guitars and here we have the opposite - those doesn't fit my taste.

I've bit a fan of dark / warm mid-focused tone same as You both, for Years...but people changes. Know I like when the tone has some breath in the treble end.

For my taste it really fits the mix - I love it's heavy tone as well but I'm used to make "tone for the mix" and when guitars treble become hidden under cymbals it's only some tiny attack left and no unpleasant harsh . Of course I do LPF those anyway but not as much as modern taste seems to be (You know...as for heavy tones I grew on Mesa tones from the 90's smile.gif

The cutting through the mix is just my fault if any of you feels it's not ok on Your audio stuff. I was to exited to publish the vid quick so:

1. I didn't left my usuall "one day rest" to fix the mix with fresh hearing
2. I didn't wanted that solo guitar to be on surface - it was the purpose to keep a bit hidden so there is a risk of misunderstanding between our concepts

There will be some more demos on different stuff so will see what You say then wink.gif

Those are just a few samples of how This could sound wink.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 23 2014, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As promised - very first demo smile.gif

Very nice review man smile.gif Can you please tell me if the nut material is better than bone? I am curious, as I am usually installing bone nuts on all my guitars.... also, your voice and sounds a lot like one of my polish friend's voice, not the accent, but the tone smile.gif

Darius Wave
Techtron is a thing that I'm not sure what could I tell about biggrin.gif It does the job but I would not compare before I can test different nut in the same guitar smile.gif

You made me confused...maybe all Polish people have the same voice tone while speaking in english biggrin.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 24 2014, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Techtron is a thing that I'm not sure what could I tell about biggrin.gif It does the job but I would not compare before I can test different nut in the same guitar smile.gif

You made me confused...maybe all Polish people have the same voice tone while speaking in english biggrin.gif

Hmmm, it means I will have to dig a little smile.gif Nah, mate, my ears can tell things biggrin.gif You sound a lot like my friend Tomasz - that's a good thing, because I always enjoy a good conversation with him.
Darius Wave
So we have to meat someday wink.gif and...get a good portion of "soda" wink.gif
Monica Gheorghevici
Cosmin - If you go in Poland you can visit both Darek and Piotr wink.gif
I don't remember where I read but I have the feeling that Piotr it's more closer to Romania, right Darek? tongue.gif biggrin.gif
So, if you will have time you can visits 2 cities and make alot of pictures smile.gif You can see if both have the same voice tone while speaking in english biggrin.gif

Darius Wave
unfortunately it's a huge distance between me and Piotr...but Yes Monica - Piotr is much closer to Your country smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Well, if I get there this year, I will most likely try to get to see them smile.gif It would be awesome if all of us instructor dudes here would meet up in a city in Europe. This would be totally epic - Gabi would have the longest ride by far, but he said he wants to visit Romania someday. Oh and Todd as well... Who knows? Me, Darius and Ben would have a far more easy task at hand tho smile.gif
Darius Wave
I think Europe is a bit more open and it would be easier to meet. I don't know how about Romania but in Poland we have huge problems to get Visa for travel to US :/
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 25 2014, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Europe is a bit more open and it would be easier to meet. I don't know how about Romania but in Poland we have huge problems to get Visa for travel to US :/

I haven't ever traveled to the USA, but out of what I know from friends, it wasn't such a big fuss to get the visa and all that. Well, let's discuss this - I for one am all for it and I think it would be an amazing thing if we actually manage to pull it off! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.