Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reggae and Ska Rhythm
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Timmez
Original lesson: Reggae and Ska Rhythm by Sinisa Cekic

Hello guys, i.ve been working on this one for a while now. i still practicing the other ones. Thanks in advance

Cosmin Lupu
Hey Tim,

I think you are almost there mate smile.gif But this take, is not as good as the last one you have shown me while working on things - you rushed things, in order to post it in the REC tongue.gif

See, in example 2 you are a delaying a bit in respect to the timing and in example three you are missing two strokes - 0:26 and 0:29.

Please take care of these details, deal?

Cosmin
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate. That drum loop combined with the bass lines are not easy to follow. You are getting close with this rhythms but your playing isn't tight yet. I think that you right hand is doing the up and down movement a bit wide and you reach each beat late, try doing the movement smaller and see what happens.

Keep on working hard!
Darius Wave
Hey Tim! Those kind of grooves are definitely Your strong side smile.gif Even if we speak of details it's clearly visible You dig the rhythm and You feel that groove. Also...in this tyle Your playing looks most relaxed. About the width of Your movements it is just a tool. I think I would probably go for a wider movements as well as You did for the sake of good timming match. There are spots to fix but let's say...I would forgive You those on a live gig....smile.gif...not in the studio which is our reference point to rate the takes smile.gif
Fran
Almost there, 6.7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.