Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back To The 80s Collaboration
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Cosmin Lupu
This time we offer you a unique opportunity to take part in an 80s rock collab.

The backing track is provided by none other than our own Guido - and it's a carefully arranged up tempo rock groove with a genuine 80s rock feel.

This is the perfect opportunity for you to jam with the pentatonic scale, and apply some of the new tricks and techniques you have learned at GMC.

Working with collabs give you the type of input you cannot achieve when practicing on your own - so even if you feel shy about this, you should give it a serious try. You will improve in unpredictable ways.

-------------------------------------------

BACKING TRACK: Click to view attachment
This collab is based on Guido's 80s Rock Rhythm lesson.

Tempo : 160 BPM

Key : G minor

Here's everything you need to know about how to enter this collaboration:

1. Download the backing track and open it in your recording software
2. Record your part in the recording software and with your video cam (if you have the possibility to record video).
You can record anything - a short fill part, rhythm based ideas, or a full lead part (solo).
3. Render one track containing your recording only - 16 bit wave file 44,1 kHz
4. Render one track containing both solo and backing track in an .mp3 format
5. Send us your video (preferably in .mp4 format)

As always, you can send us the last 3 files mentioned, using a dropbox link, or any other transfer service you are used to, by posting them in this thread or attaching them to a private message.

If you can't submit a video, you can send us only the audio files and some pictures of you - it will work out great as well!
The more pictures you send, the better will it be for editing in the final video!

When attaching/sending the collab files, please include the source file of the video as well.

Very important: IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER/ ADVANCED/ PRO/ GOD - all styles, approaches and all levels are welcome and you can even play just a short fill if you feel like it!

Bringing your contribution to this track and tribute to the GMC community is what really matters!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collab tips:

As in the previous collabs, we want this one to stand out as much as possible, because this will give your playing and progress maximum exposure. So here's what we suggest:

Making short but polished and detailed lines will always give you better results! If you focus on a short part of the backing track, then you will most likely amaze yourself and others! No explicit need to play over the full backing track length, pick any amount of bars you feel most comfortable playing over. It is always better to come up with something short but catchy or memorable!

Check out these lessons for inspiration:

80s Rock Rhythm
80s Hard Rock 2
Jake E Lee Style
80s Glam Rock
George Lynch Style
80s Hard Rock

Scales you could use:

G minor pentatonic

G blues

G Aeolian (Natural minor)

Remember - the only thing we require is that you participate and be yourself - there are no rules, and no limits!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deadline: 22nd of May

Participants: Cosmin Lupu, Gabriel Leopardi, Weepee, Marek Rojewsky, Sensible Jones, Wavo, SlowfingaX, SteveGuitar, Jeroen, huargo, bleez, Capasso2300, Todd Simpson, Ulrik, DeGroot, gregc1, Stevie-Ray-Vaughn, Deleted, Dizzyzack, Guido Bungenstock. mroberts70

Collaboration final mix and comments: click here

VilleFIN
Yeah I'm in for sure !!
smile.gif
Marek Rojewski
I'm in, its been too long since my last collab!

Cosmin you forgot to add the deadline, and we know it can be an important factor! tongue.gif
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Apr 22 2014, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in, its been too long since my last collab!

Cosmin you forgot to add the deadline, and we know it can be an important factor! tongue.gif

Well spotted smile.gif

Deadline added - it is 1 month (22nd of May).
Guido Bungenstock
Cool idea, guys! Really nice that I could inspire you with my lesson to do this collab. :-)
So rock on, GMC rockers! I'm really exited to see your videos! Have fun!!!
Sensible Jones
Oh hell yeah I'm in!!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
wavo
This is awesome! smile.gif
SlowFingaX
Sounds fun to me, so I'm in!
Cosmin Lupu
Thanks for signing up for the team, gentlemen! And thanks to Bogdan for adding the deadline biggrin.gif
SteveGuitar
Wow biggrin.gif I'm in ! This sounds so awesome biggrin.gif It's been so long since my last Collab biggrin.gif
Darius Wave
Great track so....it has to be great collab as well biggrin.gif
Jeroen
Hell yeah, I'm in!
Guido Bungenstock
Hi Cosmin,
You forgot the outro, mate! :-D
Maybe someone wants to solo on it too…
Gabriel Leopardi
This backing is fantastic! I'm sure that the final video of this one will be epic. smile.gif
Guido Bungenstock
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 23 2014, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This backing is fantastic! I'm sure that the final video of this one will be epic. smile.gif

Thx Gabriel! ;-)
Cosmin Lupu
SteveGuitar and Jeroen, you guys are welcome in the team! smile.gif Great track Guido! Well, it's easier when folks have to focus on one thing only, so I am sure that the students will have a great time with the track we threw in wink.gif
bleez
Cool sounding backing.... I'll have a go smile.gif
Guido Bungenstock
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 24 2014, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great track Guido! Well, it's easier when folks have to focus on one thing only, so I am sure that the students will have a great time with the track we threw in wink.gif

Alright then. :-)
Huargo
In
Cosmin Lupu
Welcome bleez and huargo! Who else is in? biggrin.gif
Huargo
I finish to write my collab it's time to work hard to play it...
Working in two of the licks for this collab at half speed while my wife organizes evening and two minutes before taking late to school my daughters!
Good times you know smile.gif

Capasso2300
I'm in. I'll try and post my first take sometime today and get some feedback.
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (huargo @ Apr 25 2014, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Working in two of the licks for this collab at half speed while my wife organizes evening and two minutes before taking late to school my daughters!

If it's one thing that makes me go out of my mind would be people interrupting me laugh.gif You are a true Zen warrior for being able to focus on your practicing with all the distracting talks and whatnot smile.gif

QUOTE (Capasso2300 @ Apr 25 2014, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in. I'll try and post my first take sometime today and get some feedback.

Hey mate! Welcome! Looking forward to your take smile.gif
Todd Simpson
Cool!!!! smile.gif Count me in!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 22 2014, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This time we offer you a unique opportunity to take part in an 80s rock collab.

The backing track is provided by none other than our own Guido - and it's a carefully arranged up tempo rock groove with a genuine 80s rock feel.

This is the perfect opportunity for you to jam with the pentatonic scale, and apply some of the new tricks and techniques you have learned at GMC.

Working with collabs give you the type of input you cannot achieve when practicing on your own - so even if you feel shy about this, you should give it a serious try. You will improve in unpredictable ways.

BACKING TRACK: Click to view attachment
This collab is based on Guido's 80s Rock Rhythm lesson.

Tempo : 160 BPM

Key : G minor

Here's everything you need to know about how to enter this collaboration:

1. Download the backing track and open it in your recording software
2. Record your part in the recording software and with your video cam (if you have the possibility to record video).
You can record anything - a short fill part, rhythm based ideas, or a full lead part (solo).
3. Render one track containing your recording only - 16 bit wave file 44,1 kHz
4. Render one track containing both solo and backing track in an .mp3 format
5. Send us your video (preferably in .mp4 format)

As always, you can send us the last 3 files mentioned, using a dropbox link, or any other transfer service you are used to, by posting them in this thread or attaching them to a private message.

If you can't submit a video, you can send us only the audio files and some pictures of you - it will work out great as well!
The more pictures you send, the better will it be for editing in the final video!

When attaching/sending the collab files, please include the source file of the video as well.

Very important: IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER/ ADVANCED/ PRO/ GOD - all styles, approaches and all levels are welcome and you can even play just a short fill if you feel like it!

Bringing your contribution to this track and tribute to the GMC community is what really matters!

Collab tips:

As in the previous collabs, we want this one to stand out as much as possible, because this will give your playing and progress maximum exposure. So here's what we suggest:

Making short but polished and detailed lines will always give you better results! If you focus on a short part of the backing track, then you will most likely amaze yourself and others! No explicit need to play over the full backing track length, pick any amount of bars you feel most comfortable playing over. It is always better to come up with something short but catchy or memorable!

Check out these lessons for inspiration:

80s Rock Rhythm
80s Hard Rock 2
Jake E Lee Style
80s Glam Rock
George Lynch Style
80s Hard Rock

Scales you could use:

G minor pentatonic

G blues

G Aeolian (Natural minor)

Remember - the only thing we require is that you participate and be yourself - there are no rules, and no limits!
Deadline: 22nd of May

Participants: Cosmin Lupu, Gabriel Leopardi, Weepee, Marek Rojewsky, Sensible Jones, Wavo, SlowfingaX, SteveGuitar, Jeroen, huargo, bleez, Capasso2300
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 25 2014, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool!!!! smile.gif Count me in!

Welcome Todd! smile.gif
Huargo
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 25 2014, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it's one thing that makes me go out of my mind would be people interrupting me laugh.gif You are a true Zen warrior for being able to focus on your practicing with all the distracting talks and whatnot smile.gif

Jajaja sometimes just laugh and i wonder how it's possible that all my family needs my attention when I pick up the guitar...
It's not Zen... just love jejejeje.
Ulrik
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 25 2014, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome bleez and huargo! Who else is in? biggrin.gif

Meeeeeeeeeeeee
DeGroot
You can add me to the list. smile.gif
Todd Simpson
This is gonna RAAAAAWWWWWWKKKKKKK!!!!! smile.gif
gregc1
In!
DeGroot

I can't get this track out of my head. smile.gif Awesome track, Guido! This is what I came up with today so far.

https://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/80s-rock-collab
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 27 2014, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't get this track out of my head. smile.gif Awesome track, Guido! This is what I came up with today so far.

Very, very nice take DG! biggrin.gif It's clear this suits you very well!
Guido Bungenstock

Thx DeGroot! Great playing & phrasing! I really like it!! :-))
Todd Simpson
GREAT TRACK and GREAT SOLO!!! The track really nails the 80's Vibe in construction and production. Very Cool stuff smile.gif Can't wait to see how this all comes together!

QUOTE (Guido Bungenstock @ Apr 27 2014, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thx DeGroot! Great playing & phrasing! I really like it!! :-))
DeGroot

Thanks for the comments! I will post the video and files sometime soon.
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (huargo @ Apr 25 2014, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hehehe you could keep on playing the solo while your wife was asking things. You have an amazing ability! You should record some lessons to achieve it. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 26 2014, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What a killer solo DG! It's pure dynamite! Great job. smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Great going everyone!

I am sure we'll see some more awesome action from the other guys as well!
gregc1

That's a damn nice jam DG, listened to this several times now. I really envy your AP skills man wink.gif
Stevie-Ray-Vaughn
I'd love to get in on this one !
DeGroot

Thanks for the nice words Gab and Greg! Looks like a lot of people are signing up for this collab… this should be a fun one. smile.gif

Cosmin Lupu
Holy mother of God! We have Stevie Ray on the collab! biggrin.gif Welcome Sir!
Huargo

Amazing solo and AMAZING tone. smile.gif
Jeroen
Ok, guys (& girls). This is what I came up with:

https://soundcloud.com/jeroen-van-der-put/gmc-back-to-80s-collab-jeroen-on-fire
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 29 2014, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hehehe this is an explosive solo!! It fits perfect with the great backing. Well done Jeroen! Thanks for your take!
DeGroot
Ok, here is all the files for the collab.

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/72sqpxy85bx...rock_collab.mp4

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/rrkawqsu6h...rock+collab.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/j2s1r8f4re...+no+backing.mp3

QUOTE (huargo @ Apr 29 2014, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Amazing solo and AMAZING tone. smile.gif

Thanks huargo! Your family video made me laugh cause the same thing happens to me often. wink.gif
Todd Simpson
Using "Double Tracking" for the solo per 80's tradition smile.gif Here is what i've got so far. It's about half done.
https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/gmc-student-instructor-collab-preview

Going to whip out the 80's Axe for this one smile.gif
Click to view attachment

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 29 2014, 03:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holy mother of God! We have Stevie Ray on the collab! biggrin.gif Welcome Sir!
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 29 2014, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Jeroen! That's the PRS Torrero right there, correct? biggrin.gif Nice and firey solo!

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 30 2014, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/72sqpxy85bx...rock_collab.mp4

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/rrkawqsu6h...rock+collab.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/j2s1r8f4re...+no+backing.mp3

Thanks huargo! Your family video made me laugh cause the same thing happens to me often. wink.gif

Great take DG! It seems that this 80s Collab really fits everyone here biggrin.gif Good going!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 30 2014, 02:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Using "Double Tracking" for the solo per 80's tradition smile.gif Here is what i've got so far. It's about half done.

If it's this nice and 80sey so far, it will be a blast when it's done! Go Todd!
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 29 2014, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hehe fantastic playing mate! I'm impressed of the overall level of the different takes.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 29 2014, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hehehe it sounds VERY 80's!!! And that guitar.. you would only need this hairstyle:

Click to view attachment

Jeroen
I couldn't resist making the backing track longer and produce a video for my YT channel.

Jeroen On Fire Shreds Back to the 80's

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Todd Simpson
ALTERNATE PICKING!!! YES!!! smile.gif After seeing several vids of a bit too many down strokes I wanted to congrat you killing it with the AP!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 30 2014, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I couldn't resist making the backing track longer and produce a video for my YT channel.

Jeroen On Fire Shreds Back to the 80's

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Going to wear my 80's wig for the vid smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 30 2014, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hehe fantastic playing mate! I'm impressed of the overall level of the different takes.

hehehe it sounds VERY 80's!!! And that guitar.. you would only need this hairstyle:

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.