Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shredding For Satan
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Todd Simpson
Saw this album cover online and laughed my head off smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Of course, being a googleophile I had to find out more about it. turns out...

Click to view attachment
waynedcoville
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 9 2014, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Saw this album cover online and laughed my head off smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Of course, being a googleophile I had to find out more about it. turns out...

Click to view attachment

now thats hilarious
klasaine
I'm not sure which is better?
Ben Higgins
That would go down a storm in the Bible Belt.
Spock
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 9 2014, 04:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would go down a storm in the Bible Belt.

hahaha - the man that started the company I work for is a retired minister. He now has around 15 religious radio stations in the south east, one transmits from the office right behind mine. Now everything is digital, but before that he would record records to make the music tracks - so he has many boxes of albums that look just like this.

So, I had to send this picture to everyone familiar with his old religious albums saying, I'm pretty sure I saw this album in his collection

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 8 2014, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

throbbing vibrato

Marius Pop
That's really creative laugh.gif
SeeJay
This is the real deal.

Todd Simpson
The "THROBBING VIBRATO: is the best part smile.gif I think they should have used that on the spoof cover!! Notice the little Devil statue on the right in the fake one?
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 9 2014, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is the real deal.

In some ways I think these types of covers are more disturbing than the OTT metal 'Satanic' artwork that you see. tongue.gif
klasaine
QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 9 2014, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is the real deal.

That record actually got some critical acclaim. Several folks have even 'covered' tunes off it. Emmylou Harris, the Byrds and Hank III off the top of my head.
SeeJay
Oh yea, it's great.

I saw that cover floating around a while back and didn't believe it was a real thing, but some friends covered it and sold me.

QUOTE (klasaine @ May 10 2014, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That record actually got some critical acclaim. Several folks have even 'covered' tunes off it. Emmylou Harris, the Byrds and Hank III off the top of my head.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.