Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't We All Get Along?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
SeeJay
I wonder. . . .

Just wonder. . . .

I know we have different tastes and styles here at GMC. . . .

But do you think we could come up with a general consensus on a top 10 list?

Probably a looooong shot, but this forum is a really nice, safe place. I bet we could come up with something.

Suggestions:

Top 10 guitar pedals
Top 10 Van Halen Songs
Top 10 metal albums

What do you think?
Spock
No way in hell.

#1 All Time Song - Lateralus by Tool.

Is Adam Jones good? Technically, compared to Vai or Petrucci?

Music is in each of our souls - and our souls are all on their individual journeys. There can only be a #1 to you.
Todd Simpson
Even better, we could all come up with our own top 10s and if anything matches up, we can add it to a "Super Top 10 List" smile.gif

QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 31 2014, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder. . . .

Just wonder. . . .

I know we have different tastes and styles here at GMC. . . .

But do you think we could come up with a general consensus on a top 10 list?

Probably a looooong shot, but this forum is a really nice, safe place. I bet we could come up with something.

Suggestions:

Top 10 guitar pedals
Top 10 Van Halen Songs
Top 10 metal albums

What do you think?
Ben Higgins
I'd be up for this... are we thinking of deciding on a list first ?

How about the Van Halen one ?

I'm going to go with Hot For Teacher
Gitarrero
Van Halen sounds like a safe choice for this!

My vote goes to Ain't talking bout love.
Mith
I'll second hot for teacher, thats my favorate
gregc1
QUOTE (Mith @ Jun 1 2014, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll second hot for teacher, thats my favorate

And a third from me. Easily my favorite van halen song.

You guys are going to have to hash out the other categories.
Ben Higgins
That's 3 vote for Hot For Teacher right there..

But then it is a winner for guitarists and drummers, that track !
Cosmin Lupu
Hmmm - my vote goes for 'I can't stop loving you' smile.gif Amazing song and such a killer lyrical solo! Short, so short but so sweet!
bleez
Im not too keen on Van Halen ph34r.gif I did like 'Tattoo' although I fear I may be in the minority on that one smile.gif

I'll vote for 'Hot for teacher' as well. Drums and guitar are really cool even if the lyrics are a little cheesy smile.gif
thefireball
I never really listened to Van Halen, but the song that I really like is Panama. I heard that from a Playstation Gran Turismo game. And I think the Tube Screamer is the go-to guitar pedal. As far as a metal album, most people here probably haven't heard of Demon Hunter, but you gotta check them out. Here's a couple of songs from their Extremist album:

DeGroot

My vote goes for 'Mean Street'. Eddie's tapping intro and that groove make it my favorite VH track.
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jun 1 2014, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never really listened to Van Halen, but the song that I really like is Panama. I heard that from a Playstation Gran Turismo game. And I think the Tube Screamer is the go-to guitar pedal. As far as a metal album, most people here probably haven't heard of Demon Hunter, but you gotta check them out. Here's a couple of songs from their Extremist album:

I heard these guys since 2006 I think, but I am not that keen on their music. Although Maybe I might be surprised if I would try listening after all the years and I would discover that they have evolved. I had the same surprise with Norma Jean and I was stunned by this song:

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=687714
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.