Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beginner Solo in D
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Deleted
Original lesson: Beginner Solo in D by Muris Varajic

Cosmin Lupu
Howdy man!

Congrats on a great rendition of this lesson! I am glad to notice that your bends are in pitch and you generally have a tight and clean playing on the take.

In comparison to Muris', your take is a bit 'sharper', because of the smaller vibrato, I might guess. It could be a bit wider, in order to bring a full rounded sound to the interpretation, but this could be a matter of taste - let's see what the other guys have to say as well wink.gif

The tapping part, it seemed a little unsure to me, in respect to timing - please focus on it in order to be able to execute it properly in the context. I am sure it was one of those 'uh-oh, where was I?' biggrin.gif

It happens to me as well, whenever I get into the flow with a piece and I like the way it sounds, sometimes I drift away playing and at some point I sort of wake up and in that moment I might lose it, simply because of becoming conscious of what I am playing.

All in all, it was nice take and if you take the time to polish these details, it can be perfect!

All the best and keep rocking!

Cosmin
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi friend!

You already can play this lesson but if I compare your take with Muris take, I notice that there are things that you should have in mind to get that professional sound and performance that he gets there. This extra is what differences a good take from a superb one.

Here we go with the list:

- Vibrato: Muris vibrato is wider and goes more connected with the groove and feel of the song. It's wide but natural, it doesn't sound nervous or exaggerated, and this is achieved LISTENING to the other instruments while you play, feeling the backings groove.

- Sound: Muris sound is deeper and has some delay that makes it bigger and at the same time makes it fit better with the mix. Work a bit more on your tone, try to get an EQ that sounds warmer on more connected to the backing.

- Bending: Your bending technique needs to be even more consistent. You reach the pitch but you fingers don't look secure when you bend, and I think that it's just a matter of practice.

- Timing: I notice timing issue when you play the triplets at 00:25, the pull offs at 00:39 and the tapping at 00:45.

- Sweep Picking: It's not clean. Isolate this lick and practice it slowly as a loop and increase tempo ones you can play it clean. I notice that you hands are not perfectly synchronized when you play the lick. This can be improved slowing down the tempo and working on it.

It's not at bad take, it passes, but I consider very important to work on this details to take your playing to a new level.

Keep on the good job!

Ben Higgins
This was really good. There are only two areas that are an obvious error which is:

-Sweep arpeggios was rushed a bit
-Tapping lick slowed down and ended up behind the beat.

But that was all ! I thought you did really well to get the level of articulation that you did. As the guys mentioned, you can work on your vibrato and bending but we must also remember that this is a beginner lesson and beginners don't have the same level of control and articulation that a veteran has so even if they play the same solo note for note, we can't expect the less experienced player to make it sound 100% like the veteran smile.gif

So with that in mind I think you nailed it pretty good !

Fran
Pass: 7.7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.