Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Made In...
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Bogdan Radovic
I was reading another topic here in the forum and I was wondering, how many products (music gear related) are nowadays outsourced and made in other countries?

Does this still matter as much as it did in the past or the quality has increased over time.

Obviously countries like China has taken the lead role in manufacturing products the world consumes.
How much is there difference really between USA, Mexico, Indonesia, China and Japan made guitars in terms of sound?

I haven't been really following this, for example are Marshall amps still made in England?
Does it put you off when you see where the guitar was made if its foreign factory?
klasaine
The only really appreciable 'difference' is in re-sale value.
How good they are only depends on materials and workmanship.
PosterBoy
It depends on the company. Chinese factories will produce what you want them to with the quality of materials and attention to detail that you pay them for. So it is company dependent. For example the guitars Suhr had a Chinese factory produce under the brand Rasmus, where they went to China and showed them new techniques to use, and stipulated the parts to be used etc.

The Fender CV and VM series are well regarded, for a Chinese made guitar.

Ibanez from what I've read, you're still shooting for a Japanese made guitar for some kind of piece of mind about quality and quality parts.

So I don't think there are hard and fast rules or an easy answer to this one!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.