Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Dynamite Collab
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Pages: 1, 2
Cosmin Lupu
Ahoy GMC! It's time to play it down and dirty with the Dynamite Collab! That means that we want you to spill all your energy into this one! We have prepared a metal set of backings, one for the beginners and one for the more advanced players, but the whole idea here is to be as full of energy as possible - bend, slide, alternate pick, play legato or tapping, it really doesn't matter, as long as you make it explosive and noisy!

The first backing track is dedicated to beginner players and you can deploy the G minor pentatonic scale over it, while the Intermediate backing brings up the E Locrian mode, so more advanced players can have a ball as well.

Working and participating in collabs will give you the type of input you cannot achieve when practicing on your own - so even if you feel shy about this, you should give it a serious try. You will improve in unpredictable ways for certain!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BACKING TRACKS:

Beginner Backing: Click to view attachment

Intermediate Backing: Click to view attachment

Full Backing: Click to view attachment

This collab is based on Gabriel's lesson, which you can find here as a reference: John 5 Style Lesson

Tempo: 170 BPM

Key: G minor and F major (E Locrian)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's everything you need to know about how to enter this collaboration:

1. Download the backing track and open it in your recording software
2. Record your part in the recording software and with your video cam (if you have the possibility to record video).
You can record anything - a short fill part, rhythm based ideas, or a full lead part (solo).
3. Render one track containing your recording only - 16 bit wave file 44,1 kHz
4. Render one track containing both solo and backing track in an .mp3 format
5. Send us your video (preferably in .mp4 format)

As always, you can send us the last 3 files mentioned, using a dropbox link, or any other transfer service you are used to, by posting them in this thread or attaching them to a private message.

If you can't submit a video, you can send us only the audio files and some pictures of you - it will work out great as well!
The more pictures you send, the better will it be for editing in the final video!

When attaching/sending the collab files, please include the source file of the video as well.

Very important: IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER/ ADVANCED/ PRO/ GOD - all styles, approaches and all levels are welcome and you can even play just a short fill if you feel like it!

Bringing your contribution to this track and tribute to the GMC community is what really matters!

Collab tips:

As in the previous collabs, we want this one to stand out as much as possible, because this will give your playing and progress maximum exposure. So here's what we suggest:

Making short but polished and detailed lines will always give you better results! If you focus on a short part of the backing track, then you will most likely amaze yourself and others! No explicit need to play over the full backing track length, so just pick up any amount of bars you feel most comfortable playing over, as it's always better to come up with something short but catchy or memorable and in this case, full of energy!

Check out these lessons for inspiration:

Pentatonic Licks - Beginner

Pentatonic Licks Intermediate

Combining the pentatonic with the locrian mode

Scales you could use:

G minor pentatonic

E locrian

Advanced tips:

- regardless of the fact that it's a faster paced backing set, you don't necessarily need to play speedy runs - if you interpret the notes you play in a dynamic manner and vibrato or bend a lot, creating a sense of movement, it can bringup far better results than trying to play fast when you feel uncomfortable with it.

These are just tips, so experiment having these directions in mind, as I am sure you will discover a lot of interesting possibilities!

Remember - the only thing we require is that you participate and be yourself - there are no rules, and no limits!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deadline: December 5th

Participants: Cosmin Lupu, Gabriel Leopardi, huargo, Rhida, kiendop, Todd Simpson, Chris. S, bleez, Lexman, Gill

UPDATE : final video and instructor comments - click here
Huargo
Hi Cosmin!
tempo is 170... smile.gif
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (huargo @ Nov 18 2014, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Cosmin!
tempo is 170... smile.gif

Well spotted - tempo updated smile.gif

Are you in? ph34r.gif
Chris S.
Hey Cosmin!

Never participated in a collab before, but I think I can at least come up with a beginner solo unsure.gif

Count me in! cool.gif

Todd Simpson
Did you say METAL? I"m in!! smile.gif These make for very teachable bits! Even if I only end up doing two or three notes in the final vid smile.gif hehehe.
Cosmin Lupu
Thank you for the tweak Bogdan and Huargo, Chris and Todd - gentlemen! We are honoured to have you onboard!
kiendop
He Cosmin,

This one will for sure get me out of my comfortzone ohmy.gif I'll give it a try smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (kiendop @ Nov 19 2014, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He Cosmin,

This one will for sure get me out of my comfortzone ohmy.gif I'll give it a try smile.gif

Ooooo! Janneke! Welcomeeeee!!
Rhida
Good one with the backing for beginners.
Hopefully more people will join!

So obviously you can count me in!

And about "comfort zone", those who feel insecure to join read this excerpt from a conference with Tony Robbins and thank me later! wink.gif

Question

Tony,

You talk about the dangerous 'middle', where life is mediocre and not bad enough to build the drive to take massive action. Having hit lows before and have used your material to come out of them in the past, I'm now finding myself stuck in this 'middle ground' of mediocrity. What can I do to get out of here??

Response:

I am Tony Robbins

This is a REALLY important question!

So I'm glad to see so many people voted for it.

You're absolutely right. "Middle ground" is a place of emotional & spiritual death.

The one common denominator behind people of extraordinary performance, results and success is hunger!

What i mean by hunger is: A drive to do, be, create or give more.

I mean a sense that you will NOT settle for less than you can create and give.

Intelligence is invaluable. But there are many intelligent people who can't fight their way out of a paper bag.

There are many skilled people. But skill is not enough, since you won't use it to its maximum capability if you are not driven and hungry.

So if you find yourself in that middle ground, you have 2 choices:

1) Stay where you are, and wait for a wagon wheel to come down your rut. Life will wake your ass up at some point soon! But my guess is that you're not one of those people, or you wouldn't be asking this question.

2) The more proactive approach: get around where people are playing the game of life at a higher level, and let something hit you.

What i mean is: if you play tennis with someone who's at the same skill level as you, or you're even better than, it's easy to get comfortable, because you really don't have to grow.

But if you get in the game with somebody whose ability and skill is much greater than your own, then just to stay on the court with them is enough to raise your game. And you're going to become MORE.

One of the reasons I do live events is cuz it's easy to get comfortable when you're by yourself.

It's hard to get excited about a game you're playing alone.

But when you get with 5,000 or 10,000 people, from 50 countries, in an environment that's like a rock concert - you will become re-ignited.

And you'll meet people who won't settle. And their energy is infectious. Their hunger is infectious. Their desire for more is infectious.

Just like if someone starts yawning around you, you know what happens - there's a social contagion. The same is true for hunger, drive, achievement and passion.

Get your ass out where things are better, where you are called to be MORE of who you are.

I promise you - you won't stay in the middle ground.
Gabriel Leopardi
Very wise post Rhida. Thanks for sharing that quote, I agree with that man's thoughts and suggestions.

Welcome to everybody that is joining this collab! If you want my help during the process of creating your solo for this one, just let me know and we will start working. smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Welcome Rhida and thanks for posting the inspirational intervention wink.gif I am sure that there are a lot of GMC'rs who would like to try it but they are shy, maybe? C'mon guys - come up with an idea and we can start working together from there, as Gabi said - we are here to help smile.gif
Huargo
Hi i'm in too...
Thanks a lot for your work Cosmin making it this possible.
Ok I'll break the ice.
This is the way im going with this collab... now i'm playing a 150 bpm for compositing purposes...
I hope to play it in real time... hard work again smile.gif

Cosmin Lupu
Hey mate! Glad to see you join this one! The idea sounds interesting and I think it would be even nicer, if you would spend a little time polishing the lick at 0:14 which needs to sound cleaner and more rhythmic and then the not on which you finish, around 0:20 - that one should be a bit more precise in terms of pitch and maybe you could find a different note to finish on, as this one is not so strong, in terms of leading the phrases to a resolution of some sort.

What do you think, mate?
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (huargo @ Nov 20 2014, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi i'm in too...
Thanks a lot for your work Cosmin making it this possible.
Ok I'll break the ice.
This is the way im going with this collab... now i'm playing a 150 bpm for compositing purposes...
I hope to play it in real time... hard work again smile.gif

Hi Huargo! Thanks for breaking the ice on this one! Your solo sounds very good over the backing. It's not easy to make Locrian mode sound always good and you did it! The note choices are very good over the backing's riff, both when you play melodic ideas and faster stuff. As Cosmin said, there are some licks to polish on this one and I really recommend you to take the time to work on them. It's very good for our playing to isolate those licks from our own solos that have timing issue and polish them, in other words, it means to polish our own style, and that should the main goal! smile.gif
Huargo
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 21 2014, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey mate! Glad to see you join this one! The idea sounds interesting and I think it would be even nicer, if you would spend a little time polishing the lick at 0:14 which needs to sound cleaner and more rhythmic and then the not on which you finish, around 0:20 - that one should be a bit more precise in terms of pitch and maybe you could find a different note to finish on, as this one is not so strong, in terms of leading the phrases to a resolution of some sort.

What do you think, mate?

Thanks for comments Cosmin i'll take a look to those comments right now smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 21 2014, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Huargo! Thanks for breaking the ice on this one! Your solo sounds very good over the backing. It's not easy to make Locrian mode sound always good and you did it! The note choices are very good over the backing's riff, both when you play melodic ideas and faster stuff. As Cosmin said, there are some licks to polish on this one and I really recommend you to take the time to work on them. It's very good for our playing to isolate those licks from our own solos that have timing issue and polish them, in other words, it means to polish our own style, and that should the main goal! smile.gif

Thanks Gab too, sure this is our goal here. Speed in this one is very hard..... i'll play slooooowly first smile.gif

i'll do my homework this weekend smile.gif

Cosmin Lupu
Always glad to see that our observations help you guys out wink.gif Try a new recording with the observations implemented and we'll take it from there, deal?

So, who else is in? biggrin.gif
kiendop
He there,

This is my little piece using the beginners track, maybe it's a bit too bleusy?
Huargo
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 22 2014, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Always glad to see that our observations help you guys out wink.gif Try a new recording with the observations implemented and we'll take it from there, deal?

So, who else is in? biggrin.gif

Hi Cosmin!
I write my solo in guitar pro to really know what should be the tricky parts.... i made little changes in the composition trying tp fix the things you said before....

can you take a look and comment? please smile.gif

QUOTE (kiendop @ Nov 22 2014, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He there,

I like the bluesy style... i think it's not a bad thing smile.gif Welcome!
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (kiendop @ Nov 22 2014, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He there,

Hello Janneke! First of all, congrats on your first participation in a collab! I think the lines are already shaping up nicely, but they need to be more expressive and well interpreted. What I suggest here, would be to focus on the following two aspects:

- put a little more gain into the tone
- execute a wider and more aggressive vibrato
- take care on reashing the intended pitches when you bend

Let's see the lines you recorded with the suggestions above, implemented - deal?
Gill
https://soundcloud.com/motorcitygill/colab-221114-2038/s-kRP5x

this is just a try out, never used icloud before, i did a quick recording over the beginners backing track
and i don't really know what's a collab so... biggrin.gif

test one two test
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Gill @ Nov 22 2014, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
https://soundcloud.com/motorcitygill/colab-221114-2038/s-kRP5x

this is just a try out, never used icloud before, i did a quick recording over the beginners backing track
and i don't really know what's a collab so... biggrin.gif

test one two test

Hey mate! Welcome, welcome! Well, if you have read the introductory text in this thread and you posted this take already, you are in the boat biggrin.gif

Nice angry blues-rock lines here - if you decide to stay with this take, I think that you could polish it a bit more in terms of making the bends sound more precise and the vibrato as well - especially the beginning multi string one, which is a bit off.

The more you play it, the better it will get, record a video then, send us the video and the audio track (the one with your guitar track only) and an audio mix with the backing and solo and that's it wink.gif
Chris S.
Hey Cosmin!

Two questions for ya:

1.) I've been tightening up the solo I put in my mentor thread. Is the solo too short - will it mess things up for you guys?

2.) I can only render my video files in .wmv - is there a program or something that is free that I can use to convert it to .mp4?

Thanks!
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Chris S. @ Nov 23 2014, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Cosmin!

Two questions for ya:

1.) I've been tightening up the solo I put in my mentor thread. Is the solo too short - will it mess things up for you guys?

2.) I can only render my video files in .wmv - is there a program or something that is free that I can use to convert it to .mp4?

Thanks!

Hey Chris!

It doesn't matter how long or short the solo is wink.gif It only matters that you participate and I am looking forward to hear the new version. I think that you can use this link here to convert the video: http://video.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp4 or in order to keep as much of the quality, you can talk to Gabi, as he is mixing the video and he can tell you if he can use the .wmv as it is wink.gif
Rhida
Hey

So here's my take over the beginner's backing track.
Some licks need some polishing and I'm sure that you will help me greatly as usual!

Tried to do my best with some dynamite playing! (at my level of course wink.gif !)
Chris S.
So I took my first rendition and tried to incorporate some G Minor mixed with the G Minor Pentatonic and this is what I came up with in the new version:

https://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/dynamite-collab-second-rendition

Still needs some tidying up but I'm overall happy with it what do you guys think?

I challenged myself by throwing an itty-bitty sweep in there and some three note per string alternate picking at the end (both need some tightening up).

Thanks guys! cool.gif

EDIT:

For the final version I plan on taking the second half of the alternate picking run and harmonizing it (something else I am not familiar with - Cosmin is helping me with the harmonizing concept biggrin.gif )
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Rhida @ Nov 24 2014, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey

Some licks need some polishing and I'm sure that you will help me greatly as usual!

Tried to do my best with some dynamite playing! (at my level of course wink.gif !)

Hi Rhida! I just commented this one at Gab's Army. Please check out the comments and question there to keep on working on this one. wink.gif

QUOTE (Chris S. @ Nov 24 2014, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I took my first rendition and tried to incorporate some G Minor mixed with the G Minor Pentatonic and this is what I came up with in the new version:

Still needs some tidying up but I'm overall happy with it what do you guys think?

I challenged myself by throwing an itty-bitty sweep in there and some three note per string alternate picking at the end (both need some tightening up).

Thanks guys! cool.gif

EDIT:

For the final version I plan on taking the second half of the alternate picking run and harmonizing it (something else I am not familiar with - Cosmin is helping me with the harmonizing concept biggrin.gif )

Hi Chris! Nice solo. I like the evolution of your composition. It sounds natural and keep my attention during the whole solo. The addition an harmonized guitar in the last part can really work. I would also focus a bit more on timing, vibrato and dynamics on this one to give in more feeling and "life". Try to add wider vibrato in some of the wider notes.

Thanks for joining this collab!!

For those that want some ideas to work on this collab, I recommend you to review my last Vchat session in which I gives tips to work over each of the backings:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/55621469
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/55622701
Cosmin Lupu
Hey Chris!

I think that your idea is very good and it fits the backing nicely smile.gif Let's try and focus on Gabi's suggestions, in respect to articulation and dynamics. At this point, the playing is a bit stale, in terms of expression - what can you do to change that?

See where the strong and longer notes are, if they can be vibrated, give that a try for the next stepand let's see the harmonizing idea, deal?

QUOTE (Chris S. @ Nov 24 2014, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks guys! cool.gif

EDIT:

QUOTE (Rhida @ Nov 24 2014, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey

Hey mate smile.gif I see you started in a ZZ Top fashion biggrin.gif Good going here! I like the repetitive idea that keeps building up until the more speedy part begins. I would try to find a rather different approach there - maybe slip in something more melodic, focusing on vibrato rahter then speed picking, as the tempo is pretty high and it could prove a bit too challenging for this point? What do you think?
Chris S.
Hey guys!

My third revision:

https://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/dynamite-collab-third-rendition

I tried to make it a little more expressive and less stale by taking out the sweep and adding some extra flare (pinched harmonics and a semitone bend) and I also added a little whammy at the end (I think it would transition well into someone else's solo).

Overall, I am happy with it other than the speed picking which still has some timing issues that I am going to focus on to have fixed by the deadline.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!
Cosmin Lupu
Hey Chris - this sounds indeed better and with more intention behnd it.

I would focus on timing a bit as an overall aspect, but especially around 0:05 you should focus on that part and play it more in synch with the backing. Also, the alternate picking part should be taken out of the context, practiced separately at a slow tempo so that you can play it as relaxed and articulated as possible and then, re-implemented when it's ready wink.gif Keep it up matey - you are on the good path!
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Chris! This new take sounds clearer, the notes are defined and you managed good dynamics. However, as Cosmin said, it has timing issues, I think that in most of the licks so you should keep on practicing it. This usually happens when we focus on a new thing and stop thinking on timing. It's tricky to think on many aspects at the same time but practice makes everything more natural and we finally feel timing instead of thinking on it. Using your foot or head to follow the pulse will help to feel it.

Gill
here is another try, i don't know if it's any better than the first one.
https://soundcloud.com/motorcitygill/colab

what do you thing guys?
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Gill @ Nov 27 2014, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
here is another try, i don't know if it's any better than the first one.
https://soundcloud.com/motorcitygill/colab

what do you thing guys?

Hey Chris - I think the guitar was a bit too loud in respect to the backing - it is an important aspect to keep balanced levels in the mix, as it also helps us in pointing out some timing issues or more doubtful note choices for instance, which otherwise would be harder to spot.

Anyway, the two things which I could put my finger on, would be the vibrato around 0:02 which could and should be wider and more accentuatued and the slight timing issue around 0:14 - of course, playing it more to give it a more polished sound and interpret it more could be a great thing to do wink.gif Let's see the next improved take!
kiendop
He collab friends,
Here is my second attempt. Tryed to expand on my 4 note solo, but Im not so sure that worked out well. After 2 days trying to record it this is the best one and Im not very happy with it, timing and bends are a bit off. Maybe I made it to difficult for myself mad.gif.
Let me know what you all think and how to improve it smile.gif .

Janneke
Huargo
QUOTE (kiendop @ Nov 28 2014, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He collab friends,
Here is my second attempt. Tryed to expand on my 4 note solo, but Im not so sure that worked out well. After 2 days trying to record it this is the best one and Im not very happy with it, timing and bends are a bit off. Maybe I made it to difficult for myself mad.gif.

Janneke

Hi nice one!
i don't know why but it reminds me a solo made by Robby Krieger, the doors guitarist smile.gif

Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (kiendop @ Nov 28 2014, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He collab friends,

Janneke

Hello Janneke!

The idea itself is good, but I would suggest you to work on the vibrato in the first place and on the note length - some of the notes are cut short and they get that bluesy kind of vibe which is in too much of a big contrast with the backing. See minutes 0:04, 0:07 or 0:10.

I would make the notes breathe and let them ring longer and I would also focus on the pitch of the bends you are executing - make them sound as close to the intended note as possible. See which note you are trying to reach and isolate the bends, work on them until they reach that pitch and then place the bends back into the context - remember the movie I sent about bending and vibrato? Why not make sure you are using the principles we have discussed about and that are shown in it, regarding the wrist and thumb anchoring smile.gif Looking forward to your next take!
kiendop
QUOTE (huargo @ Nov 28 2014, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi nice one!
i don't know why but it reminds me a solo made by Robby Krieger, the doors guitarist smile.gif

Thanks biggrin.gif, well I did listen a lot to the doors +20 years ago

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 29 2014, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello Janneke!

The idea itself is good, but I would suggest you to work on the vibrato in the first place and on the note length - some of the notes are cut short and they get that bluesy kind of vibe which is in too much of a big contrast with the backing. See minutes 0:04, 0:07 or 0:10.

I would make the notes breathe and let them ring longer and I would also focus on the pitch of the bends you are executing - make them sound as close to the intended note as possible. See which note you are trying to reach and isolate the bends, work on them until they reach that pitch and then place the bends back into the context - remember the movie I sent about bending and vibrato? Why not make sure you are using the principles we have discussed about and that are shown in it, regarding the wrist and thumb anchoring smile.gif Looking forward to your next take!

Thanks Cosmin, now I have some lines I can really practice this thing and work on bends and vibrato smile.gif and break some more strings ohmy.gif. So, of to the shop first.
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (huargo @ Nov 22 2014, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can you take a look and comment? please smile.gif

Hey buddy - somehow I missed this one, but hey! if you play the stuff you have written in there with the proper timing, articulation and expression, you will DEFINITELY 100% have a great take! Let's hear it played on the guitar! biggrin.gif
Huargo
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 29 2014, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey buddy - somehow I missed this one, but hey! if you play the stuff you have written in there with the proper timing, articulation and expression, you will DEFINITELY 100% have a great take! Let's hear it played on the guitar! biggrin.gif

Thanks Cosmin! not shure can play it at full speed.. but anyway still working. I'll keep you informed smile.gif

bleez
I'll give it a go smile.gif
although.......... the backing track fairly speeds along for us wannabe shredders ph34r.gif it would be cool to push the deadline slightly to the monday rather than the friday, I'll need at least a full week to try and get what Im playing up to tempo, and then the weekend to try and record it.
either way though, I'll give it a go cool.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 29 2014, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
although.......... the backing track fairly speeds along for us wannabe shredders ph34r.gif it would be cool to push the deadline slightly to the monday rather than the friday, I'll need at least a full week to try and get what Im playing up to tempo, and then the weekend to try and record it.
either way though, I'll give it a go cool.gif

Hi Bleez! Unfortunately we can't extend too much this collab since I need to work on mix and edition starting on Monday. We need everything on 5th or maybe 6th in the night. I'll go on vacation the following weekend and I want this collab finished before I go!

We have all this next week to work on this one. Please post your ideas here or at gab's army and we will help you with feedback and comments!

I would love to see lots of GMCers joining this one so don't be shy and share your takes. Remember that you can even record shorter ideas, maybe a chord, a phrase, a melody, whatever you feel that can add some of you to the final mix and video is welcome!
bleez
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 29 2014, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bleez! Unfortunately we can't extend too much this collab since I need to work on mix and edition starting on Monday. We need everything on 5th or maybe 6th in the night. I'll go on vacation the following weekend and I want this collab finished before I go!

aahh no problem dude. Im sure I'll get something sorted out in time smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Welcome Bleez! Huargo - I am definitely looking forward to hearing your take after seeing what you cooked up in the GP file smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (kiendop @ Nov 29 2014, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks biggrin.gif, well I did listen a lot to the doors +20 years ago

Thanks Cosmin, now I have some lines I can really practice this thing and work on bends and vibrato smile.gif and break some more strings ohmy.gif. So, of to the shop first.

Hey Janneke! biggrin.gif You broke strings? Which ones and on which guitar? The Les Paul or the Gretsch?
Huargo
QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 29 2014, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice Bleez! i really like your style smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 30 2014, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome Bleez! Huargo - I am definitely looking forward to hearing your take after seeing what you cooked up in the GP file smile.gif

Double tracked.... triying to mask some mistakes.... smile.gif
I need one year more to really nailed it jejeje i think Gabs can't wait much time jejeje.

https://soundcloud.com/david-vico-2/the-dynamite-collab-wip

i'm using the plexitone pedal from carl Martin (the big one)... i've just bought this saturday to a guy who wants more gain in his next pedal. I use the pedal and just the wall of sound 3 plugging for impulses and scfuhamm amps for the delays and reverb. It's and amazing one!!!! very happy!
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (huargo @ Nov 30 2014, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Double tracked.... triying to mask some mistakes.... smile.gif
I need one year more to really nailed it jejeje i think Gabs can't wait much time jejeje.

https://soundcloud.com/david-vico-2/the-dynamite-collab-wip

i'm using the plexitone pedal from carl Martin (the big one)... i've just bought this saturday to a guy who wants more gain in his next pedal. I use the pedal and just the wall of sound 3 plugging for impulses and scfuhamm amps for the delays and reverb. It's and amazing one!!!! very happy!

Wow dude biggrin.gif Love it! I think you did a great job and the fast runs sound pretty darn clean to me! Great to have you on this one, mate!
Huargo
smile.gif thanks Cosmin...
really helps me write it in the gp5... Some runs wasn't clear before i wrote the lines in the program...Now I have to actually sound like. Another thing I've done was practice at 120 bpm for a week and yesterday it started .... 150 bpm . Today was "easier" for me to play it at 170.
   That happens when students follow your advice lol
bleez
QUOTE (huargo @ Nov 30 2014, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you kindly smile.gif I wish I had some of your chops though! those fast runs you are playing in this solo are fantastic smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (huargo @ Nov 30 2014, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile.gif thanks Cosmin...
really helps me write it in the gp5... Some runs wasn't clear before i wrote the lines in the program...Now I have to actually sound like. Another thing I've done was practice at 120 bpm for a week and yesterday it started .... 150 bpm . Today was "easier" for me to play it at 170.
   That happens when students follow your advice lol

Hehe!

Mate - I know it helps, as you can actually tweak the notes and see what sort of possibilities you have without too much fuss - it's one way of working, of course smile.gif I find it a bit cumbersome, personally, as I don't have enough patience to type in all those notes tongue.gif But if it works for you.. - hey, you have already proven it!

QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 30 2014, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thank you kindly smile.gif I wish I had some of your chops though! those fast runs you are playing in this solo are fantastic smile.gif

Hey mate - I am very curious to see what you will come up with - as I said many times before, you are on the path of developing a style of your own, which is more important than anything! Let's rock!!

Gents - remember, the deadline for this one is a bit tight, so there's still 4 days left to submit your takes smile.gif Who else is in?
Lexman
Hi guys, I'm in!

this is what I came up with :

https://soundcloud.com/lexman-3/dynamite

I'm still trying to play it better though...
Gill
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 28 2014, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Chris - I think the guitar was a bit too loud in respect to the backing - it is an important aspect to keep balanced levels in the mix, as it also helps us in pointing out some timing issues or more doubtful note choices for instance, which otherwise would be harder to spot.

Anyway, the two things which I could put my finger on, would be the vibrato around 0:02 which could and should be wider and more accentuatued and the slight timing issue around 0:14 - of course, playing it more to give it a more polished sound and interpret it more could be a great thing to do wink.gif Let's see the next improved take!

another take with wider vibrato (at least i hope) and less guitar in the mix. biggrin.gif

https://soundcloud.com/motorcitygill/colab3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.