Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metallica For Beginners
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
yoncopin
Original lesson: Metallica For Beginners by Gabriel Leopardi

Really liked the lesson and glad to be recording again despite the nerves!

Ben Higgins
Hi man this was a solid attempt. You've got the foundations sorted, there's just some minor details that will improve it:

-The opening riff should be played with an open A string, not an open E string. The tonality in the beginning is Am. It shifts to Em afterwards. You can hear the bass also playing the open A.

-0:17 watch out for your timing here. You sped up a little bit.

-The lead guitar section. This is well played but it's missing some vibrato. Even if it's only a little bit it will help give the notes more life.

Overall, great work. You are on the right track !
Cosmin Lupu
Hey buddy,

As Ben said, you have already started on the righ foot with this recording, but still, there are the details that he very well pointed out.

What I'd suggest here, would be to take each separate video of the lesson and revise all the details so that you may rest assured that you have not missed any and rehearse the lesson after this. Also, implement Ben's suggestions and then make another recording, post it here and I am sure that if everything is in place, you will have all the chances not only to pass this one, but to also get the best results for your playing.

Don't chase the mark, strive to play as best as possible wink.gif

Keep rocking!

Cosmin
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate!! Nice job with this lesson! smile.gif

You've received some great feedback here by my friends Ben and Cosmin. You have to polish some sections like the first riffs, as well as your vibrato and bending in the solo section. The best is to re-check the sections and work on each part as a loop to feel more comfortable with the riffs and the chord changes.

I notice that you could play this one much better if you wouldn't be filming yourself but don't worry about this. We call it red light syndrome and it disappears with practice. wink.gif

Keep on the hard work!
Fran
Almost there, 7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.