Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boss Mt-2 Quick Tip
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Mertay
Bought a used one today and despite all the flaming you'll read on the web its really good smile.gif

While experimenting with my ibanez bb9 I recently bought, I noticed some weird very fast silences like a bad setuped noise gate...almost randomly happened.

Then I realized thats because it clips so hard, great for tight muting sound but not so good for soloing. All I did was bring the dist. knob to middle and boosted the bb9 as much possible (maybe 20 db).

Its really good now! this rounded the highs a bit too so its not too sharp sounding anymore. Hopefully will share some sounds next week, the ibanez has a funny issue and I'm waiting for the store to bring a new one but till then I'll be using it.
Darius Wave
Cool idea smile.gif I made similar experiments with Vox amplug AC30 - it has frequency response I like but sometimes a bit no enough gain. So...I put a MXR microamp booster in front of it....and...that really works great smile.gif
Mertay
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 14 2014, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool idea smile.gif I made similar experiments with Vox amplug AC30 - it has frequency response I like but sometimes a bit no enough gain. So...I put a MXR microamp booster in front of it....and...that really works great smile.gif

Had a chat with a friend today, he was curious to how I would define analog (for guitar) after years of computer use and studio experience.

The metalzone sounded and even felt very similar on guitar rig and the pedal. But the 2 things I noticed was;

1- I learned that a tubescreamer compresses the sound in 3 parts. My guess is computer can't do buffer compression (closest would be smaller bit depth but sound gets destroyed too easy).

2- The modeled components are good on computer but gain interaction between them isn't there. In theory this shouldn't be an issue as if a components sound is nailed but the behavior between them seems to be another story plug-in engineers has to work on.

So simply; Analog gain is good biggrin.gif
Darius Wave
Yeah...I still think I'll try to simply cab-impulse my regular head because it feels totaly different when playing that it is on any digital amp sim smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.