Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bend 'Em All - Bending Technique Lesson
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Timmy b
Original lesson: Bend 'Em All - Bending Technique Lesson by Lale Nikic

Hi Guys, Time for some technique work. My vibrato on my bent notes has greatly improved through this lesson. But there's still more work to do!

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Timmy!

This lesson is a hidden treasure! I didn't remember it and I have to say that it's a killer workout for bending, vibrato and aggressive picking. I can say that you are on the right track with this lesson. You have a good sense of timing on this one, your bending technique is polishing and most of the bends reach the correct pitch.

Your vibrato is on the way, but it needs more work. I notice that your vibrato is there but most of the times is a bit shier and weaker than it's on the original lesson. Another thing to have in mind during the next days of practice is the attitude and energy of your playing which could slowly start to increase to reach the intensity that Lale gives to his playing.

So please keep on practicing this one and try to make both vibrato and picking in general more aggressive.

Gab.-
Cosmin Lupu
Hey Tim,

We have discussed this one long and hard, so aside that little hesitation at 0:12, I don't have anything else to add. Indeed, the vibrato and bends can have more intention behind them, but as Gabi said, playing more and more articulation based pieces will only polish and refine your technique.

Keep up the good work!

Cosmin
Ben Higgins
Yo duder... I'm giving you a 9 here because I think your bending pitch control was great.. even better than Lale's, if I can say that ?

For example, check out your unison bends at 0:22 compared to the original.. yours sound better. smile.gif

The only thing that wasn't as good as the original was the picking on the bend at 1:19. There's nothing wrong with what you did but if you do upstrokes like the original then you get that really nice, clipped sound that's almost the same as chicken picking. That staccato sound.

Other than that, great job !
Fran
Pass: 8
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.