Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: String Skipping Arpeggios in 3/4
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Hidetaka
Original lesson: String Skipping Arpeggios in 3/4 by Guido Bungenstock

Ben Higgins
This is a very good performance. You've chosen good tones for both the clean and distorted section.

Your timing is strong and your use of palm muting in the 2nd section is also really good.

One thing you do differently from Guido is use only downstrokes for those opening phrases in the 2nd section, like at 0:53. Guido uses down and up strokes which gives the 2nd note of each line a softer edge. Using only downstrokes keeps them all at the same, hard velocity. So try to use down and up strokes here for added dynamics.

Other than that, your vibrato needs work. I recommend any of my vibrato lessons to get started but one of the best would be this one:

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-5/

As for string bending, this one is good because it includes different intervals

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/String-Bending/

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate, good job with this amazing lesson!

You can each arpeggio and pattern right and now it's time to work on some details to get more dynamics and feeling as Guido does in his take. Ben already commented some important things regarding pick directions and vibrato that you should work on.

Besides this, I think that giving more attention to the intensity of each note to get a more "human" and dynamics playing is a good idea. Listen to Guido's take and then get back to yours focusing on dynamics and you'll note what I mean. Try to emulate it, play along with the original lesson but also play over the backing track without Guido's playing.

We have some cool lessons that covers dynamics, check them HERE.

Keep on the good job!
Darius Wave
I haven't found anything more than Gabriel and Ben pointed out. Really good tone choice. Clean tone arpeggios sound just a bit "squear". Maybe it's worth to make some more differences by playing some notes harder as an accents and hide some notes a bit in the background. This would definitely make a feeling of "legato sort of" conncetion between notes, without making strings rin one over another. slight pitchy issues at the end - I think it's gonna be easy to fix for You smile.gif Good job!
Fran
Pass: 8
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.