Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ben's Vibrato Odyssey 5
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
yoncopin
Original lesson: Ben's Vibrato Odyssey 5 by Ben Higgins

It took me a while to grok the pitches and tempo of this one, but I think I've got it now. I've been working on this one alongside the last legato lesson and think it's ready for some feedback. Self evaluation - I missed a pitch at about 0:11 but otherwise feel pretty good about this take. Thanks to Ben and Gabriel for their guidance on helping me understand the lesson material.

Ben Higgins
This is really good work, man. I've experienced your progress through this track.

The different tempos come through well.. you're comfortable at the slow vibratos as well as the faster ones.

The only bit that is audibly less comfortable is when you get to the B string.. something is still not quite gelling there. They sound just a fraction too sharp. When you do upwards vibrato it's always going to feel different to the downwards so even if one were competent at the 'regular' downwards type, which you are, they may still find it harder with the upwards type. I think you may just be grabbing the notes and keeping them pulled a bit sharp so they don't return to the fretted pitch in between 'vibrations'.

Overall, though, nicely done !
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi friend! I've already commented this one at Gab's Army. I'll grade your take here. wink.gif
Darius Wave
hey mate! Good choice of lesson - I belive Gab does a lot a good work on Your threads smile.gif The main problem is porbably the final part of the lesson. The further the track goes, the more pitch is lost. I'm sure Gab will help You fix this in Your further takes smile.gif
Fran
Almost there, 7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.