Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old Tunes
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
TJHarrison5252
What's up friends anyone wanna listen to some old tunes on Reverbnation? Drop C tuning, I play most of rhythms and have more of the bluesy lead sound. https://www.reverbnation.com/tjharrison5 I used POD Farm and bought a metal drum package on Riffworks. I used a Gibson Sg moon crescent frets not the yellow epiphone you can tell the difference. A little whammy bar action was used w/ a Joe Satriani Ibanez model but it belonged to a friend of mine and it wasn't tuned right. Some of the basslines were done on a guitar w/ octive sound. Mainly used digital delay but not that much on the leads. Alternate picking was so gross lol. Mixing was terrible every song is different all embrassing. tongue.gif I was 20-21 had more of a Killswitch thing going on not real epic. Killswitch collab? Now I adopted more 80's sound just to keep up w/ local bands in SA.
Bogdan Radovic
Hey TJ - how old are these songs?

I have listened to the tracks on Reverbnation and I must say they are really cool demos. It would be awesome if you'd re-do some of them with better mix and recording technique. You have good sense of theme and melody development.

My suggestion would be to try to shorten the songs into more "compressed" forms. This way they will have a more focused impact on the listener as the motives do seem to repeat and it can be tricky to pull it off with instrumental tunes if the song is too long.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.