Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beginner Summer Tune
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
yoncopin
Original lesson: Beginner Summer Tune by Piotr Kaczor

A mellow change of pace here, thanks for the recommendation Gab.

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Yoncopin!

This lesson is a great choice. It seems to be simple, even from its name, but there is a lot happening on it regarding bending and vibrato. You are not doing a bad job with this one but there is still work to do in order to make each phrase sound good. There are some things that you must take care and other that you still need to practice more.

At first, I noticed that there are some parts in the first phrases where the vibrato is generating pitch issues. You must be careful and avoid bending the note when you do vibrato. For example at 00:13, the vibrato is wide and regular, but you are bending down the target note and it is felt as out.

There are also some details missed as the bend at 00:11 which is not included in your take. IT's a very small bend up and down that sounds like a trill. So re-checking each phrase and focusing on these details is a good idea. Pay attention to slides, micro bends, vibrato, articulation and dynamics.

Finally, that lick at 00:41 could sound clearer. Work on it.

To summarize, you are doing a great job with this one and it's a very cool lesson to make your playing more expressive so keep on working on this one for some days focusing on details.

Cheers!

Piotr Kaczor
I'm agree with Gab 100 percent smile.gif
I like your tone very much. This is an emotional lesson, so try to put more feelings into your playing. It will be perfect take for sure. Cheers! smile.gif
Darius Wave
Gab got all points here. From the good things - it all sound quite pleasant and would not make me leave the room if I were at your concert smile.gif But treated as a lesson we need to capture every detail that could be fixed. Most of all - every single articulation mark in tabs (mainly in gp or pdf tabs) is important. Articulation is whole the magic in our playing smile.gif Always make sure you do your best to prepare the lesson exactly the way it was written/showed in original videos.

I' not sure is this a matter of your guitar sustain problems or your fingers - please recheck this cause you loose sustain of most of the notes that shoul ring much longer. Turn of any noise gate if tehre is one plugged in. I have nothing to complain about the color of your tone (frequency response). It nicely fits the track.

When doing vibrato try to move your finger more like "around" the string - micro bends upowards and downwards so you always cross the "perfect pitch point". What you do now is you slightly bend and then vibrate the note which is already above the right pitch.
Fran
Pass: 7.7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.