Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beginner's Corner 7: 5 string Barre Chords
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Tom51
Original lesson: Beginner's Corner 7: 5 string Barre Chords by Bear Rose

Ben Higgins
Hi man, it's time to tackle those barre chords, eh?

This is a good attempt and you seem generally quite adept at these shapes. There's only some minor points to note:

-Tuning. I'm not sure if you've got a chorus effect on your signal or if you're playing over Bear's guitar and the two of you are not 100% in tune together? Either way, something sounds off there

-That chord. You know the one wink.gif Something isn't correct there so re-check the tab for that one.

-Timing. You're pretty good in this respect. It's just a few cases of rushing ahead.

Overall, nothing offensive going on, you should be pleased!
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Tom! Good to see this one here!

For the curious, we are working with Tom at my mentoring program HERE.

The lesson shows improvements regarding chord changes and rhythm. There are still some chords that are giving more problems like the b5-7 and the minor ones, but some more practice on them will help.

I also note some pitch issues on this one so please be sure to check your tuning before recording. The problem becomes more notorious on trickier chords where it is enhanced by the pressure that you are doing with your left hand fingers.

Keep on the hard work!

Darius Wave
Good to see so many Gab's student having constant improvements!

You timming is good. AS Ben pointed - You need to fix on chord - something is wrong at 0:30 - 0:31. Maybe you know the proper shape but somehow the finegrs went wrong. What makes me wonder is your right hand motion. It looks sort of weird - yoru wrist is not frozen for sure but somehow it looks like it has an angle and makes tiny movements instead of fully relaxed rotation (just like when drying your hand without a towel smile.gif )
Fran
Almost there, 5.7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.