Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boss Os-2 Overdrive/distortion Pedal
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Gear Reviews
Lurgen
Wiki link
Kristofer Dahl
Thanks! smile.gif

Is this the same the orange - legendary - boss distortion pedal ? I am not quite sure about the color on the pics...
misterj
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 26 2007, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks! smile.gif

Is this the same the orange - legendary - boss distortion pedal ? I am not quite sure about the color on the pics...

No, i think the one you are referring to is the DS-2. smile.gif the old standard. i have often been curious aboust this one. might have to pick it up after finally seeing a review!

the post says tu-2 but the pics say os-2.
Lurgen
The colour is slightly different, the OS-2 is more yellow than the very definitely orange DS-2. I did a quick comparison of pedal vs. image on-screen and the yellow colour is almost exactly right. For reference, the TU-2 tuner pedal beside it is white.

From a functionality perspective, the OS-2 combines the DS-2 features with their other overdrive pedal (not sure of the model number). I doubt the quality is quite as high as the DS-2 distortion, but to my ear it seems awfully close.

The OS-2 (distortion/overdrive combo) costs quite a lot more than the DS-2, so my guess is they've combined the same electronics to create this one.
shredmandan
Good review smile.gif
Francis Viviers
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 26 2007, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks! smile.gif

That would be either the OD1 or the DS1. Their both awesome!
mattacuk
Hey dudes, great reveiw!! I have the Boss MD-2, do you guys think there is much difference between that and this one?
Francis Viviers
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 7 2007, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey dudes, great reveiw!! I have the Boss MD-2, do you guys think there is much difference between that and this one?

Yeah dude. Ive played on the MD-2! I reckon its nicer that this one. Its designed for distortion and it sounds killer. This one is a mix of OD and Distortion giving more versatility.But i would stick with yours.
mattacuk
thanks for your advice! biggrin.gif
shredmandan
I actually have a question about this pedal.I see it's overdrive/distortion and i know Boss actually makes a pedal thats just labled distortion.So is this more of a blues or classic rock type of distortion like can it cover really heavy distortion like metal or just more the overdrive type?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.