Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rock & Roll Riffs
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
GuillaumeLucas
Original lesson: Rock & Roll Riffs by Stephane Lucarelli

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi friend!

You are doing a good job with this lesson. You can play the whole thing tight over the backing without missing a note. Now the next step is to work on some little details that will polish and take your playing into a new level.

- Palm muting: If you listen carefully to the original lesson you'll notice that the main rhythm is combined with a slightly muted sound that gives this a cool feel. The muting is done on the root note and this effect is not only nice to hear it also helps the higher note of the rock and roll rhythm sound clearer.

- micro bends: There are some micro bends added on single notes that your take is lacking that also gives a bluesy feel to the original lesson. Check for example the note at 00:05.

- When playing triads, concentrate on making them sound warm, clear and with a catchy use of dynamics as it happens at 00:10 and at 00:36 on the original take.

That's all by now, work on this details and let me know if you have any other question. Looking forward your new take in some days.

Keep on the good job!

Darius Wave
LAck of palm muting is the biggest issue here. OVerall performance is pleasant and sound descent. You keep the timming well and you have a nice precision of hitting strings - not much noise and even tone through all the take. There is a lot of good playing here.

Whole trick in Stephane's lesson is a wide range of dynamics and awesome tone control through all the range - from very subtle notes to those sharp and screaming. It's a fact that original lesson has very soft and not so contrasted palm muting, comparing to the tone of open strings/notes (other words - unmuted ones). But even if it sounds ismilar, there is still a difference to be captured between those. Notice that it's a kind of dialgue - muten question, open answer. Try to attach those details to your take and you'll be even closer to original lesson. Even with those tiny details to fix it is still a descent take. Well done! smile.gif

Ben Higgins
Hi Guillaume, this is a very strong take.

Your timing and overall technique are very good. As the guys mentioned, you need to add some palm muting in order to get that mild crunchy sound that Stephane achieves.

The other thing I would like to hear is more clarity of the different notes in the main riff. It's hard to hear the different notes so I would encourage you to try to add more of an accent with your strumming hand when those notes occur.

Other than that, I didn't hear or see any other things to add - good work!
Fran
Pass: 7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.