Original lesson: Classic Funk by Javier Aviles

Hi GMC I Gave the best of myself.

Javier Aviles
QUOTE (MisterM @ Sep 24 2015, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Original lesson: Classic Funk by Javier Aviles

Hi GMC

I Gave the best of myself.

Very good MisterM!

Good job. I liked the dry sound of your guitar, it added to your picking pressing increases the impact of the chord. You did a good job in both, the chords and the solo phrase.

Overall very good, good rhythm, good groove.

You're a Funkyman!
Thank you for working my video.

I will add your video to my youtube channel.
Ben Higgins
Really good take - great tone, playing and timing.

I think your vibrato sounds a little hesitant and uneven - that's my only criticism. I would work on it so you can use it any song, whether the tempo is slow, medium or fast.

Everything else is top notch!
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi MisterM! I've first found this take at the mentoring program thread so there you can find my comment. Link HERE.

Keep on the good job!
Fran
One more vote please smile.gif
Darius Wave
Hey there! Excellent take! Tight timming, good tone match to the lesson. I think all mentioned suggestions here are very subjective - there are no huge mistakes here and just a tiny details that could be adjusted to out private taste. In my case it would be a part startting from 0:33. It looks liek you gave little problems to control the dynamics of picking at this spot. I would go for playing muted notes slightly softer and play open notes with the stength you do now. They would stick out as an accents comparing to palm muted "fills". You could try to involve just a tiny fingers (thumb and right index) motion to make it more easy to play and probably looked less tensed at this point. It's just a suggestion to try out, not a must. smile.gif Great work!
Fran
Pass: 9
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.