Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Neo Classical Solo
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
slickster
https://app.box.com/s/l60fmgmmxmwbl1kwgg53y4z6erya1uil
heres my first neo classical solo I finished..well there's some timing issues...looking forward to your feedback thx.....and why is it I don't have permission to put this on the rec thread?
enlo22
QUOTE (slickster @ Oct 21 2015, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
https://app.box.com/s/l60fmgmmxmwbl1kwgg53y4z6erya1uil
heres my first neo classical solo I finished..well there's some timing issues...looking forward to your feedback thx.....and why is it I don't have permission to put this on the rec thread?

I like the melodic content of the solo
the timing is off in a couple of parts, also at the end the diminished arpeggio should be completed instead of landing on one of the notes which makes it sound incomplete, of course that's just my opinion.
slickster
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Oct 22 2015, 05:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the melodic content of the solo
the timing is off in a couple of parts, also at the end the diminished arpeggio should be completed instead of landing on one of the notes which makes it sound incomplete, of course that's just my opinion.

Thank you for your opinion, I appreciate it! Thx.

Storm Linnebjerg
This is Emir Hot's Neoclassical Solo, right? smile.gif You did a good job! Few things to work on still, but it's coming together nicely.
slickster
Thank you,appreciate it.
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate, this is on the way, but you still need to practice this one.

The first goal by now should be to be able to play the solo with the correct rhythm. How to do it? Practice playing along with the original lesson to be sure that you are playing the phrases correctly. At first work on smaller blocks, record yourself and listen to it compared to the original lesson. You can also use guitar pro for this practice.

Then, you can focus on other details, but by now let's work on timing.

slickster
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 22 2015, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi mate, this is on the way, but you still need to practice this one.

The first goal by now should be to be able to play the solo with the correct rhythm. How to do it? Practice playing along with the original lesson to be sure that you are playing the phrases correctly. At first work on smaller blocks, record yourself and listen to it compared to the original lesson. You can also use guitar pro for this practice.

Then, you can focus on other details, but by now let's work on timing.
thank you very much, I realize my timing is an issue.and great advise to do a play along..thx

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.