Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where Do I Start?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Recording
XxLeviathanxX
So Ive made up some kick ass songs but I have no clue how to record. I have cell phone recordings but thats it. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get recording equipment and if I even need any.
Nick325
i just started recording a few days ago. i suggest maybe a line 6 product (toneport, pod xt, guitarport, rifftracker). it depends do you want to go big and make a studio lol. how much u wanna spend? becuase like a line6 pod xt is 300$ and a line6 toneport is 70$. i have the toneport and its a good starter thing.
XxLeviathanxX
QUOTE (Nick325 @ Jul 28 2007, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i just started recording a few days ago. i suggest maybe a line 6 product (toneport, pod xt, guitarport, rifftracker). it depends do you want to go big and make a studio lol. how much u wanna spend? becuase like a line6 pod xt is 300$ and a line6 toneport is 70$. i have the toneport and its a good starter thing.

yeah... I dont want anything expensive just to start with. So could I get recording equipment at any Music store or do I get it online? Because I went to B&B Music and they said to look for some online... but Its all REALLY expensive
Rockwouldbe
i go with the Pod (line 6)

and the other softwares are up to you . Cakewalk, cubase it is all good.

but mainly on the pod xtl is my recommend
ibanezkiller
how does the podxt help with recording... can you explane the connection between the pod and a pc i assume?
Nick325
with the pod xt or anyother line 6 product (i think). you plug the usb cable they give u into the usb port and other side into the back of the pod. then you plug you guitar cable into it and pplug the other cable end into ur guitar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.