Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buckethead Style II
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Tom51
Original lesson: Buckethead Style II by Gabriel Leopardi

Ben Higgins
Hi Tom, this has to be the most challenging lesson I've seen you tackle so far.

Ok, the chord arpeggios are nice and clean and well played. No issues at all. Good tone as well.

Your lead playing is well timed also. One thing that you can apply to all of your playing, lead or rhythm, is to try and reduce any audible gaps between notes, like at 0:32. You can tie them together more so that they flow nicely.

The picking run at 0:48 is not bad at all but could do with some more work to make it more consistent with timing and volume.

Onto the distorted part. This section has a lot more going on so some of the phrasing is less controlled as before. Try to get that index finger bend at 1:12 sounding more controlled and don't forget it's a double stop which means two string being fretted and played at the same time. Bend them down and cut them off whilst they're at the desired pitch rather than let the notes return.

Other than that, it's just work as usual - keep it going and you'll just keep improving - well done!
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Tom,

This take is here to let the lesson rest a bit as we decided at the mentoring program. You already know my thoughts about it so I'm here just for grading and to say that we will use it as reference for the future.

Congratulations for your great job at the mentoring thread.

Darius Wave
Hey Tom!

First of all it's very good you put yourself to challenge lessons like this one. It will definitely help you to push your skills further.

As for the take itself. My observations are quite simialr to instructors above. I like the way you are focus while playing and how your treat each note with respect. Some bends qould need a few more cents up to be perfect. The gaps mentioned by Ben are also worth looking at. Try to hold each note as long as possible, so the connect wtih each other perfectly. The note at 0:04 had a dead sustain but I guess it's not an issue worth attention - just a casual mistake that I'm sure you are aware of smile.gif

Lead part is more complex and it touches the level you are currently working to master. Your timing is quite well I also like your vibrato. I think you could try to play a bit harder to get more jice out of your tone at that particular part.

Fran
Pass: 7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.