Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Take 2: Basic Metal Rhythm Guitar
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
petr
Original lesson: Basic Metal Rhythm Guitar by Marcus Siepen

Hi guys, thanks for all your comments. And this really is the bridge pickup as it was last time :-)

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=57122
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Petr,

I can hear improvements regarding each of the elements that I've commented on the previous take. The power chords sound a clear (more defined), your timing is much closer, and the slides section shows really notable improvements. This means that you are on the right track.

By the way, each of these things still have room to be polished. The power chords can sound more definer, your timing can be tighter (you have a very small tendency to rush timing) and about the slides, even being a lot better, there are some of them that are played hurried and don't sound good.

I think that your tone and pick up choice sounds good for this one.

Keep on the hard work!
Ben Higgins
Hi Petr, this is definitely better than your previous take. The tone choice is better and it responds better to your palm muting. You mentioned in your post that the previous take was also the bridge pickup but if you watch the previous video you can see the selector switch is in the 'up' position, for the neck pickup.

Your main issue is still the slides. The slides are rushed. You need to hold onto the first chord and resist the temptation to slide too early, otherwise you've finished the slide too early and it puts everything else too far ahead as well.

It is sounding better overall, though!
Darius Wave
Hey Marcus smile.gif

I'm sure it wasn't bridge pickup before because of the tonal difference and....take a loot at your previous video - your toggle switch position is "up" which in Les Paul guitar means neck pickup position. In your latest video (above) there is a bridge pickup and your toggle switch is in "down" position smile.gif))))

As for the playing itself there is a visible difference in precission and timing. You're really close to make it sound really good. At the moment I think you cut the slided powerchords a little to early. You hit them and don't let them clearly cut through because you take away your fingers while those notes where not pressured strong enough. I guess that's where you can search for the cause of them not to sound perfect yet. I'm sure you'll fix this. Congrats on your consistent and efficient work on the instrument smile.gif
Fran
Pass: 7.3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.