Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Halo Custom Guitars
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Roadside
Cheers,

just stumbled across this page for custom guitars.

http://www.haloguitars.com/store/custom-guitars.html

Great to just play around and experiment with different designs. It is still not too costly and you have all the options you need.

Any experiences with those custom guitars in the forum?

*was always my dream to open a custom guitar shop. but there are too many already :/
Storm Linnebjerg
Thanks, had a bit of fun and made this:

Click to view attachment

Think it came in at around $3.000 laugh.gif Not gonna be able to afford that for a long time smile.gif
Roadside
Here is mine for a cheap 2.5k biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Sensible Jones
I've had a couple of encounters with them and only ever found them very helpful and professional.

Here's what I came up with:-
Click to view attachment
Storm Linnebjerg
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Aug 15 2016, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've had a couple of encounters with them and only ever found them very helpful and professional.

Here's what I came up with:-
Click to view attachment

Have you played one before? How do they compare to other guitars? smile.gif
Sensible Jones
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 15 2016, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you played one before? How do they compare to other guitars? smile.gif

The 2 that I've worked on and played around with were very good quality instruments, on a par with Carvin for playability and build quality!
Storm Linnebjerg
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Aug 15 2016, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 2 that I've worked on and played around with were very good quality instruments, on a par with Carvin for playability and build quality!

Not tried a Carvin either laugh.gif It's on my list for things I must own in my life time though.

My Ibanez RG3570Z is the best guitar I've ever played, and I'd bet a guitar that's almost twice as expensive as that was when it came out is probably better yet. smile.gif
Sensible Jones
You HAVE to try a Carvin. At least once in your life!!! They are so under-rated it's a crime!!!
biggrin.gif
Roadside
Haven't tried either of those yet. Will just try to build my own quality custom to save that huge invest and I guess it also feels amazin to play something build with your own hands smile.gif

But the page is great to gather ideas!
Sensible Jones
QUOTE (Roadside @ Aug 15 2016, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haven't tried either of those yet. Will just try to build my own quality custom to save that huge invest and I guess it also feels amazin to play something build with your own hands smile.gif

But the page is great to gather ideas!

It does feel great to play something you've built yourself! If you need any help when you decide to build something just ask, I'm happy to help in any way I can!!
biggrin.gif
Roadside
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Aug 16 2016, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It does feel great to play something you've built yourself! If you need any help when you decide to build something just ask, I'm happy to help in any way I can!!
biggrin.gif

Will surely come back at your offer smile.gif just searching for a work shop currently. Cannot do it in my living room I suppose biggrin.gif Maybe I can, but I would live like a beaver soon
Todd Simpson
Gotta say that looks killer! 3k? ouch!!

Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 15 2016, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, had a bit of fun and made this:

Click to view attachment

Think it came in at around $3.000 laugh.gif Not gonna be able to afford that for a long time smile.gif

Sensible Jones
QUOTE (Roadside @ Aug 16 2016, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will surely come back at your offer smile.gif just searching for a work shop currently. Cannot do it in my living room I suppose biggrin.gif Maybe I can, but I would live like a beaver soon

No worries!!
Hehehehe! Living like a Beaver would not take long once you start making sawdust!!
laugh.gif

Not sure if this is of any interest but its an article I wrote for our Wiki on putting a Guitar together from parts.
You can find it HERE.
Roadside
Actually I already assembled guitars or better guitar kits. So this time I really wanna do all the wood work. Purchasing raw part for body and neck as well as fretboard and then start from 0.

I will check out your thread, especially electric parts.

<- Mechanical engineers are afraid of wires biggrin.gif
Sensible Jones
QUOTE (Roadside @ Aug 17 2016, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<- Mechanical engineers are afraid of wires biggrin.gif

<--- Also trained as a Mechanical Engineer!!!! biggrin.gif
Learned most of my Electronic skills through wiring Motorbikes!!
Storm Linnebjerg
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 16 2016, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gotta say that looks killer! 3k? ouch!!

Todd

I'll put it on my wishlist for things I must buy for myself one day smile.gif I have a thing for pick ups in colours that vary from just black or matching the body somehow. Same as my Ibanez with the yellow pick ups on the blue body.
Roadside
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Aug 17 2016, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--- Also trained as a Mechanical Engineer!!!! biggrin.gif
Learned most of my Electronic skills through wiring Motorbikes!!

Haha! Great to here that.

Ok, wiring at older cars is still fine. But if I would try to figure sth out for a car being build after 2k10 it might be more difficult tongue.gif
Phil66
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Aug 15 2016, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You HAVE to try a Carvin. At least once in your life!!! They are so under-rated it's a crime!!!
biggrin.gif

Yeah they are awesome. My mate was the sole UK importer for years then they added more dealers now they have none. He has sent loads of Carvin amps to places where Vai has been doing clinics etc. Always gets them back signed with setting sheets smile.gif
Lovely guitars.
Todd Simpson
That Particular Ibby is almost legendary. It's got one of the original 17mm at the nut neck profiles that were on the original Wizard neck. This was reintroduced and called something the Super Wizard Prestige neck profile. In 2010 it was renamed the Super Wizard HP, Combine that with nice pickups (Dimarzio are stock) and provide two popular paint jobs that havn't been available since the 80's, and you have a killer axe smile.gif It was pricey too, even in 2009 when released. $2133.32 List price. You can find them for about half of that now. So still not cheap, but very much worth the price IMHO.

I"m still looking for the red one smile.gif
Click to view attachment

(instead of the inf series) and you have a killer axes.
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 15 2016, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not tried a Carvin either laugh.gif It's on my list for things I must own in my life time though.

My Ibanez RG3570Z is the best guitar I've ever played, and I'd bet a guitar that's almost twice as expensive as that was when it came out is probably better yet. smile.gif
Sensible Jones
QUOTE (Roadside @ Aug 18 2016, 05:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha! Great to here that.

Ok, wiring at older cars is still fine. But if I would try to figure sth out for a car being build after 2k10 it might be more difficult tongue.gif

You shouldn't have much problem with the wiring then!! biggrin.gif
I have loads of wiring diagrams for different set ups, you're welcome to any of them when you get to that point!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 18 2016, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah they are awesome. My mate was the sole UK importer for years then they added more dealers now they have none. He has sent loads of Carvin amps to places where Vai has been doing clinics etc. Always gets them back signed with setting sheets smile.gif
Lovely guitars.

Wow, that's cool!!
One day I shall own one, I've been close to buying one on several occasions!
smile.gif
Phil66
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Aug 18 2016, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, that's cool!!
One day I shall own one, I've been close to buying one on several occasions!
smile.gif

He currently has a 7 string in stock pre-owned. Lovely it is.

Looks lovely in the flesh, or should that be in the wood? smile.gif I very nearly bought this but bottled it mellow.gif
Sensible Jones
I can see why you were tempted Phil!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Roadside
For how much goes this Carvin, Phil?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.