Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Simple A minor Soloing
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
petr
Original lesson: Simple A minor Soloing by Darius Wave

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi friend!

I'm here just for grading since we are working toghether on this lesson at the Mentoring Program (HERE).

You are a hard worked man, keep going!! smile.gif
Ben Higgins
Hi Petr, this is a good effort with this lesson. It requires a lot of control.

At the moment I think your take suffers from not having enough vibrato. I don't mean wide and heavy vibrato but just some subtle vibrato, especially on the bends.

To add vibrato to bends, what I do is slightly let the bend down and then push it back up to full pitch again. Do this a few times to get the vibrato effect. I find this works better than pushing the string beyond he full pitch.

So to recap. Bend up to full pitch. Release it slightly and push back up to pitch again. Do this a few times. That's how you get that wobbling vibrato effect on a bend and pushing it back to pitch after each release helps it stay 'in tune'.

Hope that helps.

Darius Wave
Hey there!

Ben's pointed lack of vibrato is most visible issue through all the take. At the same time it's the hardest thing to be done in this lesson, because most of it happens on bends. I'm sure it's just another step you'll make to add even more flavor to your playing

I'll start from most ear catching from author's perspective - 0:12 to 0:15 needs to be fixed. You play a slightly different rhythm than in the original lesson. Review the tabs and try to practise with original lesson in teh background, you'll easily notice what's wrong.

At 0:49 you should try to keep notes ringing as long as they can. You tend to cut their sustain to early, to make yourself more space to shift the position or change the fretting fingers of your left hand. That's a kind of skill itself - the ability to make quick and precise position shifts.

As for the bends, you have a tendency to bend a little too low. In the first part we can hear you correcting the pitch while note rings out. That's makes us feel, or pitch "detector" works fine. You need to work out your "detector" speed with your muscle sync so the quickly execute what your ears tell to fix.

From the good things you can play quite clean - muting unwanted noises and with quite consisten picking hand mechanics. You're on teh good path smile.gif
Fran
Almost there, 5.7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.