Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muris & Band Live
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Concert Reviews
Pages: 1, 2
Muris Varajic
As I promised to Kris and some members at GMC,I'm posting links related to gig I had not so long ago.
We were playing tunes from my debut album "Let It Out" and some covers as well.
I'm rendering more videos at the moment so I'll make some updates to this topic as well. smile.gif

Some pictures are HERE

Here come the videos smile.gif

Mojo Oro

While My Guitar Gently Wheeps

Blue Note In A

Bumps On You

Drunk Funk

SRV Or What?

Always With Me...plus drums solo

Comfortably Numb Solo II

Parisienne Walkways

The Water

Couldn't Stand The Weather

A Story From Eastern Europe

P.S. still haven't got audio from mixing board so I'm using sound from the camera at the moment.. sad.gif
ibanezkiller
Cool, good job!
Robin
Mojo Oro, is that your song? Thats some awesome guitar playing! Cool melodies aswell.
Salivtomte
Just saw Mojo Oro, thats really cool to here speed picking with that has that exotic wibe, really cool

You are fantastic smile.gif
Muris Varajic
Yeah Robin,Mojo Oro is my tune,glad you like it!!
Posting more vids at the moment. wink.gif

Thanks everybody!!!
Owen
Cool! Mojo Oro is just so crazily fast, I love it. smile.gif
Sergeant_Ant
1 word. WOW
D0NNY
that is amazing playing!
ch00ch00man
Muris,

Excellent playing! I particularly liked your rendition of While My Guitar Gently Weeps. And Blue Note in A was awesome as well.

Boris
Gen
Thats awesome!
your playing is perfect, looks really pro!
Slammer
Hey I didn't know you could sing! smile.gif

you sound awesome on those high parts on While my guitar gently weeps.

you got a good voice.
JVM
Great stuff muris. I always really liked drunk funk, but seeing you play it live, it makes me appreciate how great of a groove you get going there. Looks like you had a great time.
MickeM
The sound was surprisingly good from a video camera.

I really liked "Blue note in A", that one was flying.

Very good playing, good show! Go Heineken!! laugh.gif
Muris Varajic
Thanks a lot guys smile.gif

Yeah,sound is not that bad,still I can't get this guy on the phone to take mixed audio.. sad.gif
Funny is tho,of all my crew,only keyboard player drinks alcohol lol lol
MickeM
QUOTE (muris @ Aug 3 2007, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks a lot guys smile.gif

Yeah,sound is not that bad,still I can't get this guy on the phone to take mixed audio.. sad.gif
Funny is tho,of all my crew,only keyboard player drinks alcohol lol lol

So you mean to tell me that was half a glass of water you drank during "Drunk Funk"? I thought it was vodka rolleyes.gif

I never enter a stage sober, laugh.gif Did it once and that was a catastrophy, too much nervosity in my fingers.
We used to have a bass player who always played sober, perfectly well very tight and secure, once he tried to play drunk... oh man, he had to ask me about the set list - what song is next - and after I replied - what key is it in laugh.gif and he played wrong etc etc laugh.gif
Didn't work at all for him.
The Uncreator
GREAT Performance!!
Robin
"SRV or What?" is too cool dude!!
Saoirse O'Shea
Great playing from you and all the guys in the band Muris!

Particularly enjoyed Drunk Funk - makes me want to go and get out my old Steely Dan and Larry Carlton albums it was so good. Wonderful playing and phrasing.

Huge thanks for sharing the videos.

Cheers,
Tony
leedbreak
In a nut shell, all these simple little videos only mean one simple thing……………..

DUDE YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE GMC, NOPE NOT EVER, FORGET IT, please cool.gif
Muris Varajic
Huge thanks guys!!!!
Leedbreak,have no worries cool.gif

MickeM, yeah it was water,I'm getting too thirsty on stage I guess biggrin.gif
Used to play with many drunk players tho,same memories as yours wink.gif
Muris Varajic
Added more vids. smile.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (muris @ Aug 3 2007, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Added more vids. smile.gif

Amazingly cool Muris - you are an awesome guitarist dude, we are lucky to have you at GMC smile.gif
Muris Varajic
Thanks a lot Andrew,and pleasure to be here is all mine. smile.gif
kethcup
Muris -

Brilliant playing!

Like I've said before, I love the emotion in your playing. It's really moving!

Great Job! smile.gif
ezravdb
Awesome videos, Muris smile.gif
David Wallimann
Muris, I'm a new fan.
This is great!
Makes me want to find a band even more now!
Muris Varajic
Thanks a lot guys!! smile.gif

Wallimann,indeed it IS a real pleasure to play on stage,specially when you have nice musicians with you,and when you're playing stuff you like.
I hope you'll find some cool crew to play with quite soon tho!!
Roo
Really great! Wow...sound pretty good for a gig mix.
I wish I could sing and play lead guitar like you do.
Isn't that tough to handle on your shoulders all the front performer work. There's also all the logistic work beside to handle before and after.
God, you must be exauted at the end of evening...
cool.gif
Muris Varajic
Roo my mate,thanks!!
Yeah,I have real problems with that,everybody I play with usually get off the stage dry and relaxed while I'm all wet and tired as hell laugh.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Excelent Muris!! You have a great band man! Congratulations!
Kristofer Dahl
WOW!! blink.gif

I am speachless - Muris you are a true inspiration, this will definately go the start page!! biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing - I knew it would be appreciated (how could it not?!)
kahall
Very nice indeed!

I also notice that yes, we all have to learn to play standing up eventually. ;-)
Muris Varajic
Thanks Kris and Gabriel, appreciate it!! smile.gif

Kahall,yeah standing and playing might be tricky for the first time or som,but you'll get used to it quite soon...
all we need to do is to stand up wink.gif
GroovinMastiff
Muris, I love your music! After hearing your playing on GMC snd MySpace, I got your album from iTunes. It was worth every penny, it's great to know that we have a true master of guitar here at GMC.
I hope to hear more of your music in the future... cool.gif
Muris Varajic
Many thanks,God bless!! smile.gif
Btw,I'm recording my new album at the moment,so more music to come for sure!! wink.gif
Thanks a lot again!!! smile.gif
Smikey2006
Lovely.. i wanna buy a copy of your album as soon as i can wud u be willing to ship me a copy way over here in Canada smile.gif
Muris Varajic
Thanks Smikey!! smile.gif
Shipping is available world wide cause it goes via CdBaby.
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (muris @ Aug 8 2007, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Smikey!! smile.gif
Shipping is available world wide cause it goes via CdBaby.

Just ordering my copy smile.gif
Pavel
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 8 2007, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just ordering my copy smile.gif

I would - if i had a PayPal or credit card sad.gif

Muris - once i get those i'll make sure to get all your stuff! smile.gif
Nick325
muris i didnt know that was your brother pplaying bass
Muris Varajic
Thanks Pavel,appreciate it!!

Nick,yeah that's my bro Haris on bass smile.gif
Saoirse O'Shea
Pavel, does your bank let you make electronic transfers like IBAN/SWIFT to other European banks (think it only works on Europe)? Might be a way for you to order from Muris (CD Baby though is US)- and possibly get round the credit card/paypal thing. I use it and my Spanish bank doesn't charge me to do it. My English bank doesn't charge if I do it but does if I ask them to set the transfer up.

Just a thought

Cheers,
Tony
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Aug 8 2007, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pavel, does your bank let you make electronic transfers like IBAN/SWIFT to other European banks (think it only works on Europe)? Might be a way for you to order from Muris (CD Baby though is US)- and possibly get round the credit card/paypal thing. I use it and my Spanish bank doesn't charge me to do it. My English bank doesn't charge if I do it but does if I ask them to set the transfer up.

Just a thought

Cheers,
Tony

Cool idea Tony but unfortunately I don't have any copies,it's all at CdBaby sad.gif
Pavel
I can do the transfers like that, and i DO get charged for that!! I'll see if i can get the CD that way! smile.gif
Street Musician
I didnt know you could sing ohmy.gif Awesome guitar playing. Not my style though.
Hungus
Just had a listen to a couple of your songs and I reakon Blue Note In A is bloody sweet, I would love a lesson that sounded like that... especially considering we dont really have any slow lessons (I dont think)
betschart
QUOTE (Hungus @ Aug 9 2007, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just had a listen to a couple of your songs and I reakon Blue Note In A is bloody sweet, I would love a lesson that sounded like that... especially considering we dont really have any slow lessons (I dont think)

Yes, the Blue Note In A was really great; I liked that one a lot. Nice performaces too!
Muris Varajic
Thanks guys!!
Glad you like it,Blue Note in A is one of my favs too! smile.gif
misterj
Muris, can i be like you when i grow up? amazing. while my guitar gently weeps.. thats what happens when skill and soul collide. when i saw it, i too gently wept. laugh.gif jokes aside, it was amazing. also, id like to see a review of the prophecy 2. is that all you ever use? it seems to sound great. didnt know you could get such good tone without tubes. (just my opinion)
Andrew Cockburn
The more I leanr the more I think that great tone is at least 50% clean playing - high levels of clean playing at that ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.