Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Effortless Mastery Meditation
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Gabriel Leopardi
Hey friends!

I've talked about this book in the past. Even an instructor here (I'm not sure if Ben or Cosmin) recommended it to me. The book is called Effortless Mastery, and it connects playing music, and practice with meditation.

"Effortless Mastery: Liberating the Master Musician Within is a book for any musician who finds themselves having reached a plateau in their development. Werner, a masterful jazz pianist in his own right, uses his own life story and experiences to explore the barriers to creativity and mastery of music, and in the process reveals that “Mastery is available to everyone,” providing practical, detailed ways to move towards greater confidence and proficiency in any endeavor. While Werner is a musician, the concepts presented are for every profession or life-style where there is a need for free-flowing, effortless thinking. "

The book includes 4 really cool meditations. Here I've found some interesting Werner's talks and meditation tracks:

Did you know it? Do you know similar approaches/books?
Phil66
It's a brilliant book. My only problem is I just fall asleep when I try to meditate and when I try to visualise I just can't create an image in my mind's eye.

I must read that book again, it is incredible and inspiring.

Thanks for the reminder Gab smile.gif
verciazghra
I use Kennys methods all the time. His book is probably the best book written about how to approach music.

The Inner Game of Music by Barry Green is a close second. It's a bit more practical but it shares a lot of the same underlaying themes as Effortless Mastery.
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 17 2017, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a brilliant book. My only problem is I just fall asleep when I try to meditate and when I try to visualise I just can't create an image in my mind's eye.

I must read that book again, it is incredible and inspiring.

Thanks for the reminder Gab smile.gif

Falling asleep is not bad at all! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (verciazghra @ May 17 2017, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I use Kennys methods all the time. His book is probably the best book written about how to approach music.

The Inner Game of Music by Barry Green is a close second. It's a bit more practical but it shares a lot of the same underlaying themes as Effortless Mastery.

Yeah, I know it but haven't read it. I think that I'll give it a try soon. Thanks!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.