Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reduce Reasonning Noises During Sweep
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Lilo_75
Hi all

I'm french so sorry for my english wink.gif

When I'm playing sweep (in particulary on 5 strings), the first strings continue to reason so it's very embarassing sad.gif

I've tried to stop them with my right hand but it blocks all strings :-/

So what is the technic to stop this noise please ? smile.gif

Thx for all wink.gif

PS : So great teachers you are !
fkalich
QUOTE (Lilo_75 @ Aug 6 2007, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all

I'm french so sorry for my english wink.gif

When I'm playing sweep (in particulary on 5 strings), the first strings continue to reason so it's very embarassing sad.gif

I've tried to stop them with my right hand but it blocks all strings :-/

So what is the technic to stop this noise please ? smile.gif

Thx for all wink.gif

PS : So great teachers you are !

read Pavel's stuff. He talked about what you need to do when sweeping, every detail, just in the past day, and has done it many times. he also says that it takes a long time to be good, so be patient. it takes a lot of things, including dexterity in you fingers, which takes a long time to acquire.

anyone really good at sweeping will tell you it takes a few years at least to get real good. i sometimes have seen guys on videos say "you can learn to sweep quite quickly". then they demo, and invariably they are pretty awful by Pavel standards.

Just look at comments on his lessons, and look up old messages in the forum dealing with sweeping.

also watch guys like Gilbert, the masters, and try to capture the sound. i use the technical knowledge acquired from teachers to guide me, but as much as possible try to take an organic approach, and go for the sound and muscle memory (Marcus uses that term a lot, good term). When you get a good sound, invariably your fingers are doing the right things. So when possible, i like to let the sound pull me into shape, capture the sound, and get a hold of it in muscle memory.

put you right palm on the bridge, and let it float there. you always have to play sweeps with your hand on top of the bridge. again, read Pavel's stuff, he has told us all enough times. don't get discouraged, this is difficult for all of us, anyone who says it is not, is full of it.

here is the link for his most recent:

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=5868

read that, then go though the forum, and look for past posts with sweeping, you will find everything anyone could want to know. and read comments below Pavel's sweep lessons.
Pavel
I see Fkalich just posted same thing i was going to! Thanks Fkalich! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.