Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ever Had To Make Your Dog Wear One Of These?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Todd Simpson
Lucy had surgery on a claw today that got ripped in half somehow. She is not happy and has to wear that big cone collar for 10 days. Have you guys ever had to put you pet in one of those? She goes from happy to miserable the second it goes on. If you have done it, did they get used to it?
Click to view attachment
AK Rich
Ah wearing the dreaded lampshade smile.gif . Yeah I have dealt with this more than once over the years. Hang on to it after she is healed because you may need it again at some point. I don't know that they get used to it really. To some it's seems like the cone of shame. My lab, who is very active has had to wear one a couple of times and so have other dogs I have had over the years. The biggest problem was he was always running into stuff, doorjambs, getting hung up while jumping up on the furniture, the cone gets in the way when they want to scratch their neck. knocking around the food and water dish etc. I think they get used to wearing it in some ways but adjusting to their new dimensions seems to be the biggest issue. It's actually kind of funny in a pitiful kind of way to watch how they act while wearing the lampshade. No worries, Todd. She will be fine. smile.gif
Todd Simpson
It's a keeper smile.gif Probably going to need it again at some point. Poor lucy trying to drink from her bowl with this thing on. uggh. Bless her heart she figured it out though!! She is a trooper. Dogs are a great example imho, just in terms of how to "be". They just keep moving forward. Unhindered by whatever is going wrong in their lives. She broke a claw and has to wear this thing for a week. She doesn't seem to mind though smile.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Mar 29 2018, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah wearing the dreaded lampshade smile.gif . Yeah I have dealt with this more than once over the years. Hang on to it after she is healed because you may need it again at some point. I don't know that they get used to it really. To some it's seems like the cone of shame. My lab, who is very active has had to wear one a couple of times and so have other dogs I have had over the years. The biggest problem was he was always running into stuff, doorjambs, getting hung up while jumping up on the furniture, the cone gets in the way when they want to scratch their neck. knocking around the food and water dish etc. I think they get used to wearing it in some ways but adjusting to their new dimensions seems to be the biggest issue. It's actually kind of funny in a pitiful kind of way to watch how they act while wearing the lampshade. No worries, Todd. She will be fine. smile.gif

Storm Linnebjerg
Daphne obviously isn't a dog, but:

Todd Simpson
Poor thing! Animals just seem to look a bit less happy wearing these, which I understand. I'd be less happy too smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 30 2018, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Daphne obviously isn't a dog, but:

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.