Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Japanese Guy Sublime Picking
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Todd Simpson
This guy is using his finger and thumb to articulate the pick while keeping his palm planted on the bridge. it's a perfect example of what I'm always banging on about. This one trick will help you fix more picking problems that you can imagine. Once you have this down, your entire playing style starts to grow like crazy. it's a very good angle as well so that you can see how hes doing it.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl0R8Xmj-WJ/?ut...id=mn0k46bxwhvs
MonkeyDAthos
His right hand kind reminds of a high precision industrial machine. laugh.gif

I do use tiny movements with my thumb while crossing strings especially in inside picking, but his technique just seems alien to me tongue.gif
onetabmat
Looks like he's circle picking the alternate ascending part, very good picking and I think his angle is like 75 degrees at some points. Could be what's comfy for him.... or he's watched a lot of Troy Grady lol
Kristofer Dahl
Cool to see what can be done with that joint movement only!
Todd Simpson
I use a very similar technique myself which is why it caught my eye smile.gif As was mentioned, it does have a bit of Troy Grady about it! Then again, a lot of my playing seems to have a bit of Troys tips in it from before I ever knew who Troy was.
Todd
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 5 2018, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool to see what can be done with that joint movement only!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.