Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Day That Malmsteen Congratulated Me...
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Gabriel Leopardi
Hey guys!

This weekend has been very special for me because I've worked as translator for Yngwie's masterclass in Buenos Aires. I could meet one of my all time guitar heroes and have a talk. I couldn't be more happy when he congratulated me because of my memory to translate his long answers! laugh.gif You can find a video from that moment at my instagram story: HERE

Some cool pics:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Phil66
Brilliant Gab, I'm so happy for you. Nice one wink.gif
Todd Simpson
That is just killer to the nth degree!!!! Super congrat! It must be a cool story as to how this all came about? How did Yngwie find you to be his translator?

Kristofer Dahl
Amazing man, so those are real amps?!
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 13 2018, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brilliant Gab, I'm so happy for you. Nice one wink.gif

Thank you Phil!! smile.gif
Daeron
Wow, that's really cool ! It is nice to see pictures of you and Yngwie. smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 13 2018, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is just killer to the nth degree!!!! Super congrat! It must be a cool story as to how this all came about? How did Yngwie find you to be his translator?

Well, it was a big surprise for me. The producer who organized the event knows me because of Cirse and my work at GMC. He thought that I was a good choice for the job because of my guitar knowledge and teaching experience. He told Yngwie about me and he agreed that I would be a good option. And that's all, the day before the Masterclass, I got the message saying that I had to go!

I arrived to the theater 1 hour before the show and met Yngwie who was very polite and friendly. He explained me the structure of the masterclass and what he exactly needed from me.

Some time ago, I was asked me to do the same with Bumblefoot's masterclass but it was impossible because I was on tour with Cirse.. This time, I also had a gig but it was very close to the masterclass, so I could do both!

This is how I ended the night. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 13 2018, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Amazing man, so those are real amps?!

haha yeah!! the production provided all those amps. biggrin.gif

On the other hand, you can see my stage where I just have a Fractal Ax8 and no amps or cabinets. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Daeron @ Aug 13 2018, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, that's really cool ! It is nice to see pictures of you and Yngwie. smile.gif

Thank you mate! smile.gif
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 13 2018, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok that's what I wondered. So basically he hires a wall of marshall for every city he visits?! ph34r.gif

maybe he has a small peenieweenie laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 13 2018, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok that's what I wondered. So basically he hires a wall of marshall for every city he visits?! ph34r.gif

maybe he has a small peenieweenie laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

hahaha yes, he does (hire amps, don't know about the second thing laugh.gif )

But it seems that he uses only two of those amps.
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 13 2018, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But it seems that he uses only two of those amps.

Def small then biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 13 2018, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Def small then biggrin.gif

ph34r.gif
Rammikin
Metallica, then Yngwie. Who's next? smile.gif.

Monica Gheorghevici
Wow, that's absolutely awesome Gab!!! You really had an amazing weekend and I'm very happy for you smile.gif

BTW, when you said "was very polite and friendly" I checked twice the phrase to be sure that you are still talking about Yngwie biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Aug 13 2018, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Metallica, then Yngwie. Who's next? smile.gif.

I believe in Law of attaction so who knows... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Aug 14 2018, 02:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, that's absolutely awesome Gab!!! You really had an amazing weekend and I'm very happy for you smile.gif

BTW, when you said "was very polite and friendly" I checked twice the phrase to be sure that you are still talking about Yngwie biggrin.gif

hahaha the producer told me that he was on a good day and he was right. smile.gif

klasaine
Now that is "a good day at work"!

Click to view attachment

Way to go Gab.
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (klasaine @ Aug 14 2018, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that is "a good day at work"!

Click to view attachment

Way to go Gab.

hahah exactly!
PosterBoy
I don't suppose he let you have a go on his setup there?
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Aug 14 2018, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't suppose he let you have a go on his setup there?

No, I didn't play his guitars or amps.
Todd Simpson
Now that is quite a day!! Meet Yngwie, do a master class with him, then have a big gig. Nice!!
Todd
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 13 2018, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, it was a big surprise for me. The producer who organized the event knows me because of Cirse and my work at GMC. He thought that I was a good choice for the job because of my guitar knowledge and teaching experience. He told Yngwie about me and he agreed that I would be a good option. And that's all, the day before the Masterclass, I got the message saying that I had to go!

I arrived to the theater 1 hour before the show and met Yngwie who was very polite and friendly. He explained me the structure of the masterclass and what he exactly needed from me.

Some time ago, I was asked me to do the same with Bumblefoot's masterclass but it was impossible because I was on tour with Cirse.. This time, I also had a gig but it was very close to the masterclass, so I could do both!

This is how I ended the night. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

On the other hand, you can see my stage where I just have a Fractal Ax8 and no amps or cabinets. laugh.gif

Thank you mate! smile.gif
MonkeyDAthos
biggrin.gif That's awesome!
Hopefully this will the first of many more opportunities! You totally deserve it cool.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 15 2018, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that is quite a day!! Meet Yngwie, do a master class with him, then have a big gig. Nice!!
Todd

Perfect day!! smile.gif

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Aug 15 2018, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
biggrin.gif That's awesome!
Hopefully this will the first of many more opportunities! You totally deserve it cool.gif

Thanks a lot friend! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.