Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E Minor - Melodic Solo
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
onetabmat
Original lesson: E Minor - Melodic Solo by Muris Varajic

enjoyed this one

Kristofer Dahl
Cool!

Details are not easy to hear due to room reverberations. From what I can tell you are in pretty good control here though, with the exception of some missed notes when doing legato.

As a listener I could not enjoy this take too much though because of sound quality - so you might want to think of recording your guitar in a DAW and then mix it with the backing track - to get it more pro sounding.

Keep up the good work mate - you get a 7 from me!
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate,

Great to know that you are enjoying this one! You start to look comfortable playing those licks.

As Kris said, it's a bit tricky to hear your playing because your guitar is a bit low, and there is too much room reverberation in the mix. I'll share with you a video tutorial that will help you to improve your video's audio mixes.

Regarding your playing, I notice that you tend to do right hand fingers movement when doing alternate picking. This can be a problem when playing faster stuff so I recommend you to get into any Alternate Picking lesson to adjust this.

From what I can hear, it seems that your timing is ok, and most of your bends are precise as well as your vibrato, but honestly it's tricky to be sure with this mix.

Let me know if you need any assistance, keep on the hard work!!
Todd Simpson
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I too had some trouble listening to detail due to the vid being recorded with whatever was used (web cam/phone cam/etc). It's enough to get the general idea of what you are doing though which is all we really need and if this is all you have then it's much better than nothing!!! So use whatever you have and we will work around it smile.gif If you do get an audio interface in the future, I'm sure you can get help on setting it up from all of us!!!
As for your take, I see some good work here!! There are some challenging bits and you do a very good job of working through them. I can't hear every single note being played, as mentioned, but what I can hear sounds like you have a very good handle on this REC!!! Technique is solid as is your pacing. Muting is good as well. The technical bits are there. Also, you don't rush or drag which is key. You turn in a solid performance here and you get a 7 from me!!!
I hope to see you in QUICK LICKS and BOOTCAMP as well!!
Todd
Fran
Pass: 7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.