Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carlos Santana Style
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Manu RASSE
Original lesson: Carlos Santana Style by Guido Bungenstock

Hi GMC,

I have been working on this lesson for 3 weeks.

Timming is not easy on this one.
I am aware that my playing is lacking aggressiveness.
As you had already told me several time, I am a quiet player maybe too quiet... rolleyes.gif

About sound mix :
Preset TH3 overloud : https://www.archive-host.com/panel-v4/file-...=&consulter
Gain Sound Card 90% / Guitar volume 7/10

I chose to add the go pro take sound with -5 db.
I feel that the tone sounds less dry,
Sometimes it's possible you hear my mediator shots on the pickguard

It's not perfect, but I gave the best of myself.

Thank you Guido to purpose this magic lesson

Kristofer Dahl
Very nice mate!

As often with your RECs - there is not too much to comment on, except for that last little bit of mojo that will take your playing from killer to freakin' amazing.

Here, it is pretty clear you are focused on avoiding mistakes and not on digging into the groove. My guess is that if you revisit this lesson when the licks will have had time to sink in - you will be in a better position to try to just focus on the groove.

There are also some spots where your articulation/picking attack feels a bit hesitant - producing a weaker picking tone.

All in all is this is still very good though, you get an 8 from me.
Darius Wave
Hey there again MisterM smile.gif

Best mojo comes of us when we play something that's naturally in us so keep this in mind and don't be too cruel for yourself smile.gif

You have you secific "jazz" kind of flow in both hands so even Santana sounds little "Yours" smile.gif

There's one thing about this lesson that's is subjective but should be mentioned. Guido did this already in a "Guido style" so it's more like Guido playign Santana and MisterM trying to match both. Originally Santana uses much darker tone and less responsive for attack that's why it has totally different flow. I think original tone would match your personal playing style even better - it would have that "poof" in tone that would fit your just right. Try to experiment with the tone if you desicde to continue playing this lesson for fun at your practise sessions smile.gif

At 0:53 we habe an interesting picking issue. Notice these runs all start on the weak part of the beat. The actually all start upstroke while you do the opposite. Try to exactly copy Guido's picking direction at these runs and you may notice it's the reason of timing isses wink.gif Besides this it's a piece of pleasant playing to listen to smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi MisterM! I've already commented this one at the mentoring thread. It's a 9!
Fran
Pass: 8.7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.