Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do Girls Dig Guitarists That Shred?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Gabriel Leopardi
We are having fun comments at GMC social networks about this topic...

The idea came after my girlfriend said me on Christmas: "Put some music but please don't choose those ugly guitarists that you always listen for" laugh.gif

So the question is: "Do girls dig guitarists that shred?"

And this is a video to confuse you all:

Adam
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 26 2018, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are having fun comments at GMC social networks about this topic...

The idea came after my girlfriend said me on Christmas: "Put some music but please don't choose those ugly guitarists that you always listen for" laugh.gif

So the question is: "Do girls dig guitarists that shred?"

And this is a video to confuse you all:

Unfortunately, I can't watch the vid at work. But I put on Steve Vai's the Story of Light and my ex said it's really nice. She liked YJM instrumentals too. With that said, if I went out to street or town square or a park and started shredding over backing tracks, there's a chance a few girls would come and hit on me.

That's actually worth trying. I'll put some extra effort to learning at GMC and do some busking in the summer. I'll let you know how my little experiment goes. smile.gif
klasaine
Depends on the girl.
AK Rich
laugh.gif huh.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (klasaine @ Dec 26 2018, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Depends on the girl.

and the shredder? laugh.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Dec 26 2018, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif huh.gif

hahaha that's the answer! tongue.gif
klasaine
Yes. It does also depend on the 'shredder' ... and what band they're in.
EVH, Vai, Rhoads - chicks love those guys because the bands are cool. Good songs, personality, vibe, stage presence, etc.

Hell, I mostly dislike 'shredding' because I don't like most of the songs the shredding is in.
I feel this way about all music. I don't care how burning a solo is, in any style or era - if the tune sucks then what's the point.
Monica Gheorghevici
I'm agree with some of things that Ken said.

For me it's also important how the song sounds. If it's a bad song, I really don't care how awesome it's the solo from it. Becomes useless if the tune sucks and the probability to listen this twice will be zero.

About the bands....hmmm....I prefer guitarists who release solo albums. I never had a special attraction for the guitarists from bands (probably I'm more a guy than a girl biggrin.gif ).

About the shredder.......I really don't care who the shredder is!!! For me it matter how those techniques sounds in his hands, what tone he chose and how good it fit his solo in the song. Sometimes a "too burning" solo can ruin a good song. I think it's very important for a guitarist to make the solo in the way where he can show his skills but to remain in the same "movie" with the song itself.
Also, I really appreciate the guys who don't have a fake attitude on stage. From my point of view the edge between to be cool and ridiculous it's very tiny. It's better to be natural and if you are a good player, people will like you no matter if you will jump around on stage or not.
If you have a fake attitude on stage probably the percent to attract more people (superficial people from my point of view) will be bigger but they will appreciate you more as an image and not you as a musician.

As a conclusion, girls can appreciate guitarists that shredd but it depends how they do this and not who do this wink.gif
Adam
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Dec 27 2018, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm agree with some of things that Ken said.

For me it's also important how the song sounds. If it's a bad song, I really don't care how awesome it's the solo from it. Becomes useless if the tune sucks and the probability to listen this twice will be zero.

About the bands....hmmm....I prefer guitarists who release solo albums. I never had a special attraction for the guitarists from bands (probably I'm more a guy than a girl biggrin.gif ).

About the shredder.......I really don't care who the shredder is!!! For me it matter how those techniques sounds in his hands, what tone he chose and how good it fit his solo in the song. Sometimes a "too burning" solo can ruin a good song. I think it's very important for a guitarist to make the solo in the way where he can show his skills but to remain in the same "movie" with the song itself.
Also, I really appreciate the guys who don't have a fake attitude on stage. From my point of view the edge between to be cool and ridiculous it's very tiny. It's better to be natural and if you are a good player, people will like you no matter if you will jump around on stage or not.
If you have a fake attitude on stage probably the percent to attract more people (superficial people from my point of view) will be bigger but they will appreciate you more as an image and not you as a musician.

As a conclusion, girls can appreciate guitarists that shredd but it depends how they do this and not who do this wink.gif

Thank you, notes taken wink.gif
Fran
There's no way a guitar video with girls playing guitar like a Godess can ever be made without Juliette Jade. Nuff said wink.gif

Youtube her! She's just awesome.
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Fran @ Jan 1 2019, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's no way a guitar video with girls playing guitar like a Godess can ever be made without Juliette Jade. Nuff said wink.gif

Youtube her! She's just awesome.

Must check her!
Todd Simpson
From my experience, the interest of female fans always depends on a variety of factors, but ..... In general, broad brush, personal anectdote (add any qualifier here)
Interest in the Guys on Stage (Youtube Guitarists Don't Count on this Scale)
1.)The Lead Singer. (The better he is, better looking he is, the better)2.)Lead Guitar Player3.)Anyone else on stage.

Todd
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.