Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unbelievable
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Phil66
I bought one of THESE before Christmas and was so impressed with it I ordered another one. I got it today, one of the lads at work took delivery of it yesterday when I wasn't there, the package looked ok but felt light and rattled a lot more than the previous one.
Upon inspection the ends weren't sealed, I opened the end, took the box out and I could see the security tape on the box had been lifted and put back, opened the box, all that was in was the instructions and a bracket, no unit, no power supply.

Thieving lowlives!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got onto Amazon, sent them pictures that I'd took before starting to open it because I was suspect. They've issued a refund already.

bleez
so basically somebody stole your burglar deterrent? ohmy.gif

Phil66
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif yeah to deter their burglars.

Seriously though, they are very realistic, when you go outside it's just like a TV being on, they're only ss big as the palm of your hand.
bleez
never seen one of those before, tbh. weird thing to steal.
seems like a pretty cool idea. its good that amazon are so customer centric, they are pretty fast with refunds. sucks if you are a seller but great when your the customer smile.gif
Storm Linnebjerg
I'm really curious as to what it is. Link won't open for me sad.gif
Phil66
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 4 2019, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm really curious as to what it is. Link won't open for me sad.gif

Go onto your Amazon and search "fake tv led" and you should get it, it's sold by onebyone wink.gif
Storm Linnebjerg
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 4 2019, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go onto your Amazon and search "fake tv led" and you should get it, it's sold by onebyone wink.gif

Cheers smile.gif Found it! Heh, that's kinda funky. I live in a small house on ground floor level now. I doubt anyone would break in here, as there's not really anywhere where you would not easily be spotted, but that said, I have always been used to living sleeping on the first floor, either in my parent's house or my apartments, so it was a bit of getting used to, but as said, my house is not really suited to breaking in to. Even the backyard is facing the road. It's the end of a block of houses, so I got the road running on the side of my house instead of front. Only just now I thought about how little it would make sense to try and break in here smile.gif
klasaine
That thing is genius!
Sorry yours got pinched but I'm thinking about getting one now.
Phil66
I was surprised how life like my first one was Ken. You can only set the device to switch on for either 4 or 7 hours after dusk (It detects darkness).

I did sit in the room in the dark and pull the plug and re-connect and it did come on as the fake TV again, meaning it doesn't have to detect it going from light to dark, meaning, you could set a timer for different times through the night to look like you have an insomniac in the house wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.