Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lesson In The Style Of Ac/dc
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Student Instructor Lessons
shredmandan
Click to view attachment

Hello Gmc
You know me as Shredmandan.This will be the first lesson i have put on gmc.Idont have a video cam to do video so im posting the music tracks and tabliture.I dont think you would need a video anyway on this.It's a beginner style lesson for a classic band AC/DC.They really use some simple chords but still manage to rock.I wanted to try to post something on here and hope it will be fun for someone.Below is a rythem riff in the style of Malcom Young/
b=bend

Rythem part1 Click to view attachment

E--------------------------------------------------------
B--------------3-----------------------3----------------
G--------------2---2-2----------------2--2-2---2--3---
D--------------0---2-2----------------0--2-2----------
A--2--------2------0-0---2--------2-----0-0------------
E--0--3b---0-------------0--3b---0----------------------

This part will cover a Angus Young style of lead .

Lead part1 Click to view attachment
b=bend /=slide bR=bend and release

E----------3--5-5bR--3----------------------------------------17-----------------------------
B-----3/5---------------3--5--2--2-3-5----------17--20-20b---20bR-----20---20----
G-----------------------------------------------19-----------------------19----------18 19-19b-
D-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure to listen to tracks to get the right fill on each riff.Please keep in mind this was my first lesson and i did it for fun .I hope someone found it enjoyable.If you have any questions feel free to ask.Please note at the end where the 20 and 18 are together that the 18 should be played first the 20.I have no idea why when i finish post it keeps putting together.
Andrew Cockburn
Hi Shredman - very cool lesson, thanks for putting this up.

Heres a tip to help with the tabs:

Whenever you do an ascii tab, highlight it all and change its font to courier - that will make it all line up, like this:

E----------3--5-5bR--3----------------------------------------17-----------------------------
B-----3/5---------------3--5--2--2-3-5----------17--20-20b---20bR-----20---20----
G-----------------------------------------------19-----------------------19----------18 19-19b-
D-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Except it doesn;t actually work because I assume you added in a lot of extra "-" characters to try and align it. Wioth Courier that isn;t necessary and it will all align sensisbly.
shredmandan
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 10 2007, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Shredman - very cool lesson, thanks for putting this up.

Heres a tip to help with the tabs:

Whenever you do an ascii tab, highlight it all and change its font to courier - that will make it all line up, like this:

Except it doesn;t actually work because I assume you added in a lot of extra "-" characters to try and align it. Wioth Courier that isn;t necessary and it will all align sensisbly.

Thanks Andrew
Whats pictured above is just about what happened to me.It looked one way before i clicked post then once i posted it changed and got offset. sad.gif I kept trying to fix it and that was the best i got it.I know the lesson is nothing much at all i just wanted to do something on here and figured i would give it a shot.Iknew AC/DC would be a easier band for me to do a in the style of lesson .I thought maybe it would be good for the beginner type level player's.Thanks again

shredmandan
JVM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 10 2007, 03:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Click to view attachment

Hello Gmc
You know me as Shredmandan.This will be the first lesson i have put on gmc.Idont have a video cam to do video so im posting the music tracks and tabliture.I dont think you would need a video anyway on this.It's a beginner style lesson for a classic band AC/DC.They really use some simple chords but still manage to rock.I wanted to try to post something on here and hope it will be fun for someone.Below is a rythem riff in the style of Malcom Young/
b=bend

Rythem part1 Click to view attachment

E--------------------------------------------------
B-------------3-----------------------3------------
G-------------2---2-2----------------2--2-2---2--3-
D-------------0---2-2----------------0--2-2--------
A-2--------2------0-0---2--------2-----0-0---------
E-0--3b---0-------------0--3b---0------------------

This part will cover a Angus Young style of lead .

Lead part1 Click to view attachment
b=bend /=slide bR=bend and release

E------3--5-5bR--3----------------------------------------17-------------------------------
B-3/5---------------3--5--2--2-3-5----------17--20-20b---20bR-----20---20------------------
G-------------------------------------------19-----------------------19----------18 19-19b-
D------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure to listen to tracks to get the right fill on each riff.Please keep in mind this was my first lesson and i did it for fun .I hope someone found it enjoyable.If you have any questions feel free to ask.Please note at the end where the 20 and 18 are together that the 18 should be played first the 20.I have no idea why when i finish post it keeps putting together.

There, fixed it up for you. Or at least it's mostly aligned, but I suggest you go back through and do it in courier when you get the chance. I got a really nice AC/DC vibe from this, but you need better recording equipment biggrin.gif Especially liked your malcolm impression.
shredmandan
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 10 2007, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There, fixed it up for you. Or at least it's mostly aligned, but I suggest you go back through and do it in courier when you get the chance. I got a really nice AC/DC vibe from this, but you need better recording equipment biggrin.gif Especially liked your malcolm impression.

Thanks
Iknow i need better sound quality equipment (not a mp3 player laugh.gif ).Thanks for trying to fix it up for me.That will probably be the only lesson i do unless or untill i get better quality equipment along with more knowledge on how to run a tab program so it doent turn out like that again.
Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.