Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gmc Goes 50's Collab!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Pages: 1, 2
Gabriel Leopardi
Hello everybody!!!

Welcome to a new collab!! This time I've recorded an old school 50's rock and roll backing track as suggested HERE.

Backing Track: Click to view attachment

Tempo: 170 bpm

Key: A

Chord Progression: A | A | A | A | D | D | A | A | E | D | A ||

Suggested Scales:

You can also use dominant arpeggios, and Mixolydian mode of each chord when it's sounding.

DEADLINE: February 10th

If you are new to collabs please check out this: LINK

WHO WOULD LIKE TO BE PART OF THIS ONE?

FINAL VIDEO:

Kristofer Dahl
Very cool - looking forward to trying this one out!
Phil66
I'm in, thanks Gab
Caelumamittendum
This time I think I'll whip out the guitar smile.gif
Todd Simpson
Sounds good to me!!

Todd
Gabriel Leopardi
Great guys!! Looking forward your takes!! biggrin.gif
fzalfa
IN !!
Laurent
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jan 28 2019, 03:05 PM) *
IN !!
Laurent

You're welcome Laurent!!
Adam M
I wasn't sure about this track at first but it turns out I can feel the mood and play over it smile.gif Now to start recording...
Piotr Kaczor
In, of course! smile.gif
fzalfa
In that way ?
Click to view attachment
Cheers
Laurent
onetabmat

Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Adam M @ Jan 29 2019, 02:40 PM) *
I wasn't sure about this track at first but it turns out I can feel the mood and play over it smile.gif Now to start recording...

Great news!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Piotr Kaczor @ Jan 29 2019, 02:42 PM) *
In, of course! smile.gif

Welcome master!! smile.gif

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jan 29 2019, 04:49 PM) *
In that way ?
Click to view attachment
Cheers
Laurent

Your guitar is very low in the mix, it seems to be good but I can't hear your phrases well.

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Jan 29 2019, 05:12 PM) *

Nice mate!! Thanks a lot for your take! smile.gif
Phil66
Hello Gab,

Found this backing a little quick for me but I had a quick go. Obviously, I'll try to build on it for the final take but how is this so far? I tried to keep a 50s playing style and a 50s kind of guitar tone. I know it needs a lot of polishing wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/quick-take-take-1

Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 30 2019, 05:46 PM) *
Hello Gab,

Found this backing a little quick for me but I had a quick go. Obviously, I'll try to build on it for the final take but how is this so far? I tried to keep a 50s playing style and a 50s kind of guitar tone. I know it needs a lot of polishing wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/quick-take-take-1

Hi Phil! There are some cool things happening there. You just have to adjust timing.

If you think on this backing as 85 bpm, it shouldn't be quick. Play slower phrases while tapping with your foot at that tempo and you'll be comfortable. Try it!
fzalfa
Hi here
Two takes with a louder sound:

and

cheers
Laurent
Phil66
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 31 2019, 02:34 PM) *
Hi Phil! There are some cool things happening there. You just have to adjust timing.

If you think on this backing as 85 bpm, it shouldn't be quick. Play slower phrases while tapping with your foot at that tempo and you'll be comfortable. Try it!

I had a go at the half speed Gab, I couldn't get the same kind of licks coming through, I guess that's another skill set required wink.gif It just felt completely different. I will work on it though. smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 1 2019, 11:33 AM) *
I had a go at the half speed Gab, I couldn't get the same kind of licks coming through, I guess that's another skill set required wink.gif It just felt completely different. I will work on it though. smile.gif

Go another half and let me know what happens!
Phil66
I'm guessing you mean 75% of original speed and not another half slower (25%)? Basically I'm asking if you meant to another half up or down? wink.gif

Cheers
Mertay
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 30 2019, 08:46 PM) *

That take was cool why over-thinking it? I think till 18 second it was great, don't change anything just a little practice for timing and thats it. between 18-20 maybe its better to stick with 1 note melodies and after that till end was cool too.

So sure if you have different stuff in mind do share but don't simplify what you already played just cause of a little timing swing that I'm sure you can handle! smile.gif
Phil66
Thanks Mertay,

What do you think about the tone for a 50s track?

Cheers

Phil
Mertay
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jan 31 2019, 07:03 PM) *
Laurent

Cool ideas! I might steal some biggrin.gif keep in mind increase the recording output next time, when low even if I increase the output its gets a bit muddy.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 1 2019, 10:01 PM) *
Thanks Mertay,

What do you think about the tone for a 50s track?

Cheers

Phil

Yeah I noticed that but forgot to mention, somehow reminded me of gretsch guitar tones I've listened on youtube! what did you use to get that tone?
Phil66
QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 1 2019, 10:05 PM) *
Yeah I noticed that but forgot to mention, somehow reminded me of gretsch guitar tones I've listened on youtube! what did you use to get that tone?

Basically that guitar which has P90s and my SRV patch which uses an early Marshall I think. I can't remember and aren't home this weekend.
Mertay
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 2 2019, 03:15 PM) *
Basically that guitar which has P90s and my SRV patch which uses an early Marshall I think. I can't remember and aren't home this weekend.

Interesting, do share when you get back about the patch I'm curious
Beat Zbinden
My idea of the the 50s..... cool.gif
Adam M
Just a quick note to let you know I recorded some licks. I'll put them together tomorrow smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Feb 2 2019, 03:20 PM) *
My idea of the the 50s..... cool.gif

Great solo Beat!! Pure old school rock and roll!!

QUOTE (Adam M @ Feb 2 2019, 08:51 PM) *
Just a quick note to let you know I recorded some licks. I'll put them together tomorrow smile.gif

Excellent!! smile.gif
Phil66
QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 2 2019, 03:26 PM) *
Interesting, do share when you get back about the patch I'm curious

I've popped it into another thread buddy, to keep this one tidy wink.gif
DeGroot
Phil66
Awesome and inspiring DeGroot sir cool.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Feb 3 2019, 05:18 PM) *

Hehehe you rock mate!! Your take is pure rock and roll. Nice licks, and good job following the chords.

Thanks a lot!!
DeGroot
Thanks guys. smile.gif Love the 50s vibe of this track!
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Feb 3 2019, 11:31 PM) *
Thanks guys. smile.gif Love the 50s vibe of this track!

biggrin.gif
MisterM
Hi

This evening I worked on BT
I think make a 1rst take thursday

I listen to few take, I like very much beat zbinden and degroot
Todd Simpson
Very cool take!! Egad! I've almost run out of time!! I'm going to try to make a take using my Strat on this one as using my Ibbbys just seems odd somehow smile.gif
Toddd
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 3 2019, 09:06 PM) *
Hehehe you rock mate!! Your take is pure rock and roll. Nice licks, and good job following the chords.

Thanks a lot!!
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (MisterM @ Feb 4 2019, 02:21 PM) *
Hi

This evening I worked on BT
I think make a 1rst take thursday

I listen to few take, I like very much beat zbinden and degroot

Great news MisterM!! You are VERY welcome! smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 4 2019, 06:30 PM) *
Very cool take!! Egad! I've almost run out of time!! I'm going to try to make a take using my Strat on this one as using my Ibbbys just seems odd somehow smile.gif
Toddd

That's a great idea! I'd like to see you bluesing your Strat!!
MisterM
Hi

Here is my contribution
I got a lot of pleasure with this one.

I would try to make a new mix with TH3.
On this one the tone is bad

Complet Track : https://ahp.li/d783d4206a7ded4344d6.wav

Guitar Track : https://ahp.li/6ac5e42333368e3155aa.wav
Mertay
Awesome smile.gif
MisterM
Thx Mertay rolleyes.gif
maharzan
Howdy everyone!!!

Its been a very very long time.. I wish I could play guitar as before and more fluently.. Here is my take, needed some work. But damn me, I forgot to export guitar only track and didn't save the project. sad.gif

EDIT: I re-recorded the whole thing and not forget to save.. smile.gif

Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (MisterM @ Feb 6 2019, 07:19 AM) *
Hi

Here is my contribution

I would try to make a new take with my amp.

Complet Track : https://ahp.li/94353d6db4c61a80511d.wav

Guitar Track : https://ahp.li/08a38b3532577afa5e85.wav

Very cool MisterM!! Nice rock playing on this one!! I like that double guitar phrase, very creative. Thanks a lot for your take!!
MisterM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 6 2019, 02:57 PM) *
Very cool MisterM!! Nice rock playing on this one!! I like that double guitar phrase, very creative. Thanks a lot for your take!!

Hi Gab

I uploaded a new take with Overloud TH3

TH3 Complet Track : https://ahp.li/d783d4206a7ded4344d6.wav

Th3 Guitar Track : https://ahp.li/6ac5e42333368e3155aa.wav
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (maharzan @ Feb 6 2019, 09:38 AM) *
Howdy everyone!!!

Its been a very very long time.. I wish I could play guitar as before and more fluently.. Here is my take, needed some work. But damn me, I forgot to export guitar only track and didn't save the project. sad.gif

Welcome back mate!! It's great to see you rocking this one!! Your take has good groove and your note choice is very tasty.

Thanks for joining!!
maharzan
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 6 2019, 03:12 PM) *
Welcome back mate!! It's great to see you rocking this one!! Your take has good groove and your note choice is very tasty.

Thanks for joining!!

Thanks and great to participate!!
onetabmat
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Feb 3 2019, 08:18 PM) *

nice smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 6 2019, 10:33 AM) *
Awesome smile.gif

QUOTE (MisterM @ Feb 6 2019, 10:19 AM) *
Hi

Here is my contribution

I would try to make a new mix with TH3.

Complet Track : https://ahp.li/d783d4206a7ded4344d6.wav

Guitar Track : https://ahp.li/6ac5e42333368e3155aa.wav

always like your videos they look and sound proferssional

QUOTE (maharzan @ Feb 6 2019, 12:38 PM) *
Howdy everyone!!!

sounds cool smile.gif
MisterM
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Feb 6 2019, 04:36 PM) *
always like your videos they look and sound proferssional

Tank you onetabmat

I prefer the sound of my amplifier but the software simulation is easier to record.
Your take is good too, you could improve it a little bit to give it even more groove and cleanless.

I noticed that you had long fingers as the great guitarists. (Steeve Vai, paul Gilbert)
You'll be fast if you keep hard work smile.gif
Adam M
At first I recorded few licks and tried to combine them together. But then I got an even better idea: re-record it all! But something went wrong. It starts the same then it's completely different from my original idea. I think it's much better, though!

For the record, I wasn't allowed to take today's two exams because failed one of the subjects. That means it's do or die for me now and I'll have to spend all my spare time studying hard or else I'll be removed from the college. But if I pass it, I'll have literally only MA thesis to do, no more distracting assignments and projects. I'll manage to fit a 30 minute practice in my schedule before the exam but not more.

If that's convenient for you, Gabriel, I could mail the audio files (and video, if you'll need it). Just let me know. smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Great job Adam!! That's how music is created!! Maybe you've found your way to compose your solos. smile.gif

Thanks for this cool sounding take! Please add your only guitar audio file here.

Cheers!
Phil66
Here's another take Gab, I haven't had much chance to practise over the backing sad.gif I've put this in here as a quick take as I am away this weekend and the deadline is Feb 10th so I may not get another chance.

It's just a quick take winging it as I usually do, no worries if you can't use it tongue.gif

https://youtu.be/RvEgy5r8ppw

Soundfiles are here, I forgot record a dry guitar too this time, sorry. https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ap09zsLCowi5iLdGj5XoYM8OQm7nAA

DeGroot
I accidentally deleted my guitar files before saving one with no backing. rolleyes.gif I tried to duplicate the original solo as close as possible so it would fit with the original video. It proved to be more of a challenge to record than the original. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.