Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Updated Gmc Mobile Support!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Pages: 1, 2
Kristofer Dahl
Hi GMC!

Today we have updated the site code for it to work on all possible screen sizes/resolutions.

This should hopefully make it easier for you to access GMC from wherever you are - regardless of what unit you are browsing the site with. Especially small mobile units have had problems with GMC.

We do expect to find some bugs the coming time (hopefully only small issues!) - so we ask for your understanding and help in finding those bugs smile.gif Please notify us about your findings and we will get right on it.

Some background:

Today’s change is a long anticipated, and well needed, update. I hope it will be the first step in modernising and further developing GMC. Credit goes to:

Maharzan (Chandra Maharzan) - some of you might remember him from the forum, notably from his REC submissions. I was extremely happy when I learned Chandra wanted to help improve the GMC code. Working with him has been a blast! He also has great taste as a guitarist with a track record of awesome REC progress - it would be so cool to have him join our collabs now as well.

Loong (Chang Long) - our veteran full stack developer and tech genius. Thanks to his supervision we are still up and running after all these years. Loong and I have some cool ideas for the future, which I hope we will be able to show you.

That’s it for now - enjoy a more mobile friendly GMC! smile.gif
Phil66
Looking good on my Galaxy S8+ buddy. Thanks for all the hard work. If I find any bugs I'll let you know wink.gif

Don't know if it's a bug but just noticed when I posted the message above, the cartoon is resized but the badges aren't, this will make for more scrolling in threads with a few members with badges wink.gif

Nothing major though smile.gif
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 1 2019, 04:40 PM) *
Don't know if it's a bug but just noticed when I posted the message above, the cartoon is resized but the badges aren't, this will make for more scrolling in threads with a few members with badges wink.gif

Ah thanks for the report I can see it as well. That's because those images have a width that actually does fit (I still agree they look huge though), give us a little time to digest this one.
Caelumamittendum
I have noticed some issues on my Huawei phone on the forum. Will write about it later. I am too tired and about to fall asleep now.

Here is one issue though:

Kristofer Dahl
Thanks Ben, I hope to have it fixed tomorrow!
Caelumamittendum
I also noticed some things seem changed on the forum on Chrome. I can't put my finger to it, but it is under "view new posts" I think there is a difference. Was something changed here?
MonkeyDAthos
Its more of an aesthetic, but while checking profiles, if the names are long enough they tend to blend into the picture.
I dont know if its just on my end though.
Caelumamittendum
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Feb 1 2019, 08:42 PM) *
Its more of an aesthetic, but while checking profiles, if the names are long enough they tend to blend into the picture.
I dont know if its just on my end though.

Posted the same just a bit above smile.gif Good to confirm though!
Gabriel Leopardi
Amazing news!! I'm so happy to know that we are now mobile friendly!!

The site is looking great on my Iphone X. biggrin.gif
MonkeyDAthos
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 1 2019, 08:58 PM) *
Posted the same just a bit above smile.gif Good to confirm though!

Oh... I legit posted without reading the thread tongue.gif
Mertay
A welcome update and I like the small changes on the website too. I think the updates are still being worked so maybe a bit early to point out bugs.
Phil66
Kris asked us to point out bugs mate wink.gif
Caelumamittendum
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 1 2019, 11:05 PM) *

There's one in your avatar!
Mertay
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 1 2019, 10:05 PM) *

Yeah but I checked 2-3 times today and each time things looked different, so assumed work in progress after you guys pointed out a few things (?). Also my phone is pretty vintage for a smart one (iphone 4s) so not sure if a fix is supposed to work for my phone anyway biggrin.gif
Adam
It's not exactly a mobile issue but it happened after the maintenance update. When writing a post and clicking the button to insert a YT embed vid the box looks like in the attachment. Basically, the text appears below the empty background field. I'm using Windows 7 and Chrome browser (so far it worked great!)

I didn't browse it via tablet yet, but I'll have enough time for that at work this weekend. Thank you for doing this! smile.gif

Edit: the indication bar of how full/empty the mailbox is seems broken too.
Todd Simpson
This is great news!!!!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 1 2019, 11:22 AM) *
Hi GMC!

Today we have updated the site code for it to work on all possible screen sizes/resolutions.

This should hopefully make it easier for you to access GMC from wherever you are - regardless of what unit you are browsing the site with. Especially small mobile units have had problems with GMC.

We do expect to find some bugs the coming time (hopefully only small issues!) - so we ask for your understanding and help in finding those bugs smile.gif Please notify us about your findings and we will get right on it.

Some background:

Today’s change is a long anticipated, and well needed, update. I hope it will be the first step in modernising and further developing GMC. Credit goes to:

Maharzan (Chandra Maharzan) - some of you might remember him from the forum, notably from his REC submissions. I was extremely happy when I learned Chandra wanted to help improve the GMC code. Working with him has been a blast! He also has great taste as a guitarist with a track record of awesome REC progress - it would be so cool to have him join our collabs now as well.

Loong (Chang Long) - our veteran full stack developer and tech genius. Thanks to his supervision we are still up and running after all these years. Loong and I have some cool ideas for the future, which I hope we will be able to show you.

That’s it for now - enjoy a more mobile friendly GMC! smile.gif
Caelumamittendum
"View new posts" shows a bit weird.
Phil66
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 2 2019, 01:26 AM) *

I get the same on my Galaxy S8 + it doesn't show the "last action" column in portrait, it did in landscape though.

I feel bad reporting these bugs after Kris has worked so hard sad.gif
Adam
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 2 2019, 04:46 AM) *

Me too sad.gif
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 2 2019, 04:46 AM) *

No need to feel bad, this is extremely helpful to us!!

We cannot guarantee all things reported will be fixed now, for example the forum software is ancient and will need replacing sooner or later. However we need to be aware of all issues - and testing on all types of units/OS/browsers by oursleves is impossible for us.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 1 2019, 05:16 PM) *
I have noticed some issues on my Huawei phone on the forum. Will write about it later. I am too tired and about to fall asleep now.

Here is one issue though:

This bug seems fixed on my end now!
Caelumamittendum
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 2 2019, 10:01 AM) *
This bug seems fixed on my end now!

Will check when I get to my phone (Android, somewhat newer) smile.gif
MisterM
Hi

on this adress : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/

The site is down for maintenance. Please refer to our facebook page for status updates:
https://www.facebook.com/guitarmasterclass

To access some GMC material while we are down, visit our youtube page:
https://www.youtube.com/user/gmcguitar

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Thank you for understanding.
/GMC Team

on this adress : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ it's ok but forum don't match

It's normal ? maintenance again today ?
Caelumamittendum
QUOTE (MisterM @ Feb 2 2019, 01:56 PM) *
Hi

The site is down for maintenance. Please refer to our facebook page for status updates:

/GMC Team

on this adress : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ it's ok but forum don't match

I am not getting that message. Link works for me smile.gif
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (MisterM @ Feb 2 2019, 01:56 PM) *
Hi

/GMC Team

Thanks - it sounds like cache has not been properly updated, I will purge it later today. Until then you can try clearing your own cache for the GMC domain only.
MisterM
Ok Thx, it's ok biggrin.gif
AK Rich
Great upgrade! Thanks!
Phil66
It's all looking fine on my Galaxy Tablet Kris.

One thing I like is when creating a post, if you want italics or bold it no longer puts the html tags in with the text. Nice smile.gif
UPDATE:That thing about the italics and bold is just in Firefox, it adds the tags in Chrome. One thing in Firefox that isn't good is when you use the "Insert Link" button, it adds the link text in blue and underlined, I can't see a way to prevent any typing afterwards from being underlined. If you switch off the underlining effect, it comes back on by itself after a press of the space bar.
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 3 2019, 10:33 AM) *
One thing I like is when creating a post, if you want italics or bold it no longer puts the html tags in with the text. Nice smile.gif
UPDATE:That thing about the italics and bold is just in Firefox, it adds the tags in Chrome. One thing in Firefox that isn't good is when you use the "Insert Link" button, it adds the link text in blue and underlined, I can't see a way to prevent any typing afterwards from being underlined. If you switch off the underlining effect, it comes back on by itself after a press of the space bar.

If you got to "My Controls" (that's a link in the top right) and then to "Board Setting" and choose "Rich Text Editor" you can enable or disable this functionality:
Click to view attachment

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 2 2019, 02:26 AM) *

This should now be fixed!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 1 2019, 04:40 PM) *
Looking good on my Galaxy S8+ buddy. Thanks for all the hard work. If I find any bugs I'll let you know wink.gif

Nothing major though smile.gif

We now only show signatures on desktop - in order to facilitate readin forum topics from a mobile unit.

QUOTE (Adam M @ Feb 2 2019, 01:06 AM) *
It's not exactly a mobile issue but it happened after the maintenance update. When writing a post and clicking the button to insert a YT embed vid the box looks like in the attachment. Basically, the text appears below the empty background field. I'm using Windows 7 and Chrome browser (so far it worked great!)

I didn't browse it via tablet yet, but I'll have enough time for that at work this weekend. Thank you for doing this! smile.gif

Thanks Adam for providing the screenshot, I can recreate this bug.

Edit: the indication bar of how full/empty the mailbox is seems broken too.

Do you mean this one? (looks ok I think on my end)
Click to view attachment
Todd Simpson
I'm thrilled to see GMC moving toward MOBILE! Mobile is the future and a whole new generation of players can now enjoy GMC on the devices they are accustomed to. I am still looking forward to the fine day when we have an actual APP in the APPLE STORE and in the GOOGLE PLAY store, so that folks can download our app and always have it with them no matter what platform they are on. Bring on the NEW GOLDEN AGE!!!! I also hope we can add LIVE Video lessons again at some point as we progress smile.gif Very exciting!
Todd
Phil66
When you click to insert youtube or SoundCloud it gets messy. In Chrome anyway. This is either in the quick access or the insert special item areas.
Mertay
Not mobile but on computer (using opera browser) when I want to insert a youtube link the thingie we embed looks funky biggrin.gif
Caelumamittendum
QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 4 2019, 10:13 PM) *
Not mobile but on computer (using opera browser) when I want to insert a youtube link the thingie we embed looks funky biggrin.gif

This?

Or this?

Link to the above

I'm on Chrome, so I'm not sure. But nothing wrong on that browser at least. I haven't gotten Opera at the moment though.
Kristofer Dahl
The insert special item/youtube bug, as originally reported by Adam, should now be fixed! Thanks!
Caelumamittendum
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 5 2019, 08:56 AM) *
The insert special item/youtube bug, as originally reported by Adam, should now be fixed! Thanks!

Hah! I had never noticed the sidebar! I had always just typed the tags! laugh.gif Hence why I got confused!
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 5 2019, 10:07 AM) *
Hah! I had never noticed the sidebar! I had always just typed the tags! laugh.gif Hence why I got confused!

hehe yes your method might actually be the fastest -but I keep forgetting the syntax (event though it's simple).
Mertay
Cool cool.gif
Phil66
My embedded Soundcloud player is very big on PC I haven't changed anything but maybe I need to now?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=765845
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 5 2019, 12:14 PM) *
My embedded Soundcloud player is very big on PC I haven't changed anything but maybe I need to now?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=765845

Thanks Phil, yes I agree that does not look good!
Caelumamittendum
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 5 2019, 10:53 AM) *
hehe yes your method might actually be the fastest -but I keep forgetting the syntax (event though it's simple).

Would it be possible to implement other features with the sidebar? I can't think of any right now, but I think there could be some other useful functions smile.gif
Phil66
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 5 2019, 01:53 PM) *
Thanks Phil, yes I agree that does not look good!

Maybe it's to do with my GMC logo image? I notice Ben's Soundcloud player is the same size it's always been. It's just the old system resized everything to a default player size I think.
MonkeyDAthos
I really dig how the lessons are display, the only issue ive came across is that there no display of what level the lessons is.
Or is just me.
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Feb 5 2019, 08:21 PM) *
I really dig how the lessons are display, the only issue ive came across is that there no display of what level the lessons is.
Or is just me.

Correct - we skipped it for portrait mode. If you turn your phone around to landskape mode, you should be able to see it though!
Phil66
For some reason on my PC at home I can't get the new site, I still have the old one with the menu across the top. I've cleared cache as far as I know how to.

I am getting the big SoundCloud player though but the Insert special item is working fine. So I seem to have a hybrid version at the moment.

Caelumamittendum
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 5 2019, 09:54 PM) *
For some reason on my PC at home I can't get the new site, I still have the old one with the menu across the top. I've cleared cache as far as I know how to.

I am getting the big SoundCloud player though but the Insert special item is working fine. So I seem to have a hybrid version at the moment.

What is it supposed to look like? I still have the menu. Only thing I think has changed is the "bookmarks" for me.
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 5 2019, 09:54 PM) *

The site now looks different depending on the size of the browser window. So when you are at home, try decreasing the window size and the menu will change shape.
Phil66
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 5 2019, 09:52 PM) *
The site now looks different depending on the size of the browser window. So when you are at home, try decreasing the window size and the menu will change shape.

Gotcha wink.gif Looking great Kris, thanks for all the hard work you put into GMC smile.gif
Caelumamittendum
I know this might not be possible, and maybe I should write it in a suggestions threads, but would it be possible to do something related to rewarding more upload space/size on either how much you have paid/paying or the length of time you have been at GMC? I'm only asking because I keep running low and often have to delete things, which essentially is fine, but it also means some files will go missing from old threads.
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 7 2019, 12:59 AM) *
I know this might not be possible, and maybe I should write it in a suggestions threads, but would it be possible to do something related to rewarding more upload space/size on either how much you have paid/paying or the length of time you have been at GMC? I'm only asking because I keep running low and often have to delete things, which essentially is fine, but it also means some files will go missing from old threads.

Great idea! Check your attachment space now and let me know how it looks.
Adam
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 4 2019, 08:12 AM) *
Thanks Adam for providing the screenshot, I can recreate this bug.

Do you mean this one? (looks ok I think on my end)
Click to view attachment

Yesterday when I was uploading a video I noticed the YouTube box bug disappeared and I know the mailbox bar bug is gone for a few days now. Also, I see the buttons have changed. The new ones look great! Thank you for all the hard work! smile.gif
Phil66
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 6 2019, 11:59 PM) *

Maybe there could be optional extra space allowance packages for those that want them?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.