Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick Licks #92 - Single Handed Shred Part Ii
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > INSTRUCTORS > Todd Simpson
Todd Simpson
Let's work on our left hand power a bit more. This is a GREAT drill to get your left hand power up to speed. If you can't play this drill without using your pick, then your left hand is in need of SERIOUS work. If you can play this with no problem CONGRATS you have earned it. This is just like any type of lick. it takes a bit of work and once you can play it, it separates you from the hordes of other players that simply can't play it. I hope you guys are up for the challenge!!!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

If you can play this lick, CONGRATULATIONS, your work is paying off!! If not, it's time to put in a bit more practice!! Give it a go!

Todd

onetabmat
Todd Simpson
Nice!! I knew you could play this. It does take a LOT of finger power, so if one has not spent time in the woodshed, as it were, this lick will seem impossible. NO sound will come out unless the fret hand is strong enough to make strike notes on its' own. This is something I urge every student to try. This way, picking becomes a tone choice, as you dont actually need the pick. Also, it allows you to skip few strikes when play fast runs and just use hammer ons. Well played!! You just..
LEVELED UP!!!!!
You reamain the TOP DAWG. Nobody has ever gotten this high of a ranks in Quick Licks.

Click to view attachment

Todd
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Aug 20 2019, 12:52 PM) *
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.