How are you so good? cool.gif
blindwillie
Can I take a guess on Kris answer? wink.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Aug 14 2007, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can I take a guess on Kris answer? wink.gif

"I don't have any talent - I work my way to it!" would be my guess wink.gif
Ryan
I know what it is. And it includes pavel, and Gab, and everybody.

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. If you havent noticed that is kind of a GMC Motto. laugh.gif
Kristofer Dahl
First - this is making me really nervous. Because if I answer this question - it's like admitting that I am "so good"... unsure.gif For many reason I wouldn't want to do that...

*As soon as anyone starts taking themself to serious that's when they cease developping - we have seen that a whole bunch of times (no names!). And if I can't find new challenges with the guitar - then I might as well drop it!

* I am not that good.

So now that we are done with the formalities - here is my answer:

- It's a special chewing gum that gives chops and musicality, home made gum. You have to keep chewing all the time!

--Kris

PS That joke was quite bad I realise - read my signature for the real answer! biggrin.gif
Sergeant_Ant
now whats the recipe for that gum? wink.gif
Kristofer Dahl

That's all I'm telling for now wink.gif
ezravdb
Looks delicious! smile.gif
JVM
biggrin.gif
kahall
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 14 2007, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's all I'm telling for now wink.gif

It's pretty obvious the main ingredient is BALLS!
Victafor
id chew that for a year! mmmm thats good tongue.gif
Slammer
QUOTE (Sergeant_Ant @ Aug 15 2007, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
now whats the recipe for that gum? wink.gif

I'll sell it to you for 25¢
Ryan
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 14 2007, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First - this is making me really nervous. Because if I answer this question - it's like admitting that I am "so good"... unsure.gif For many reason I wouldn't want to do that...

*As soon as anyone starts taking themself to serious that's when they cease developping - we have seen that a whole bunch of times (no names!). And if I can't find new challenges with the guitar - then I might as well drop it!

* I am not that good.

- It's a special chewing gum that gives chops and musicality, home made gum. You have to keep chewing all the time!

--Kris

PS That joke was quite bad I realise - read my signature for the real answer! biggrin.gif

Isnt that the truth Kris. I hit that spot. I got all up in my ego a month or 2 ago. And I developed NONE. Then After developing none. It kind of dropped. And i was like "I suck" then i started practicing again. And before you know it. I started to get better. Not at a dramatic pace. But i could tell by cleanlyness and everything.
Then again. If you dont have confidence, and know that you can play decently good. Then you will be more nervous in front of people. And then mess up more. And then you will start to show everybody that you really arent a great guitarist. Dont want to say sucky guitarists for certain reasons. But its very true what you said. You need to know how far you can take the confidence, and still be able to develop along the way!!!
blindwillie
QUOTE (kahall @ Aug 15 2007, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HAHAHA! Excellent biggrin.gif
MickeM
QUOTE (kahall @ Aug 15 2007, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ROFL

QUOTE (Victafor @ Aug 15 2007, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
id chew that for a year! mmmm thats good tongue.gif

unsure.gif
blindwillie
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 16 2007, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unsure.gif

Yeah. With kahall's conclusion that got a bit icky tongue.gif
Kai Muehlenbruch
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 15 2007, 06:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

* I am not that good.

--Kris

Kris, seriously one of the best anwsers to the question I read so far. One can tell from what you say here, you really care about what you do and "think" about it. To me thats quite important. If i want to learn something i also ask my self the question, do i really need to learn that? or is it something i already can do? sometimes we don´t start something new we just kinda move on by using what we already can do as a guitarist...speaking of how frustrating the instrument can be smile.gif

...and again im glad to be part of this smile.gif

greets,
Kai

QUOTE (Kai Muehlenbruch @ Aug 16 2007, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kris, seriously one of the best anwsers to the question I read so far. One can tell from what you say here, you really care about what you do and "think" about it. To me thats quite important. If i want to learn something i also ask my self the question, do i really need to learn that? or is it something i already can do? sometimes we don´t start something new we just kinda move on by using what we already can do as a guitarist...speaking of how frustrating the instrument can be smile.gif

...and again im glad to be part of this smile.gif

greets,
Kai

and please don´t think i look at myself as if can do everything on the instrument

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW!

wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif
Pavel
Hahaha awesome answer Kris! btw. now when you touched the subject of taking yourself too serious: yesterday i saw a YouTube video of Dave Mustain showing his Signature Line 6 Amp and he was like 100% serious and said:

"Only I have them, you can't have it, and there is no way you can get it!" And he said it like: "I'm the biggest dragon around and you are nothing!"

I started to hate the guy the moment he said that! biggrin.gif
JVM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Aug 16 2007, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hahaha awesome answer Kris! btw. now when you touched the subject of taking yourself too serious: yesterday i saw a YouTube video of Dave Mustain showing his Signature Line 6 Amp and he was like 100% serious and said:

"Only I have them, you can't have it, and there is no way you can get it!" And he said it like: "I'm the biggest dragon around and you are nothing!"

I started to hate the guy the moment he said that! biggrin.gif

I just watched the video, all he said was that they're considering introducing his line 6 model, and if they don't he said "they're all mine and you can't have any!" I think he was just saying that he liked it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.