Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quarantine Video Game Suggestion Box
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Todd Simpson
During this Global Quarantine, it's a good time to PRACTICE GUITAR!! Also a good time to try a bit of gaming. If you have a game to share, please do mention it!!! As for "Platform Games" (non phone based games, then again the phone is a platform these days too! Just not in this post)

DESTINY 2!!

This game can work on PC/xbox/ps4 and you can download enough to get started and have a good time for free!!! Without having to spend anything. If you decide you like it, you can always buy the expansion bits later. If you are already playing this game, the newest bit of fun is called SEASON OF THE WORTHY. But you don't need that to have fun with the game. I enjoyed it just fine for months before I got any of the non free bits. If you do get the paid for bits, there is an endless array of stuff to play through. 5 sets of campaigns to work through if you've got the time. Not to mention all the live play / death match bits. So whether you want a deep dive in to a campaign, or round after round of deathmatch/capture the flag/raids/etc., this game has you covered. It's pretty much got it all. Not to mention, it's one of the best looking games I've ever played. Ever. It's just amazing looking as a game. You'll find yourself just tooling about to check out how cool the various worlds are. Just exploring is fun. Anyone else play?

JEDI FALLEN ORDER

This game has been getting a LOT of hate. Some folks just can't stand the game. I found it fun! It's got hugely complex maze/puzzle bits that will make you pull your hair out but keep your phone handy so you can pull up a youtube walk through when needed and then it's fine smile.gif Of all the Star Wars games I've played (Some have been really bad) this one really played as if you were a character in the movie which is what I'd been waiting for. It looks great, cinematics are very cool and you do get to have the dual sided light saber and you get to fight Darth Vader, of course!!!!! It's a game that does require patience. Even once you know how to beat a given level/puzzle, you still have to actually pull it off. Sometimes that gets really hard and takes several tries. Still, I have not enjoyed any campaign based game as much as I enjoyed this.

CONTROL

This is the most unique game I've ever played bar none. The story, the game mechanics, the goals, the way the entire thing feels like you are inside someone elses mind and that person is bordline insane and seeing things that are not there, etc. It's brilliant. You play a psychic who is in charge of a shadowy quazi governmental organization that gets more strange and secretive the deeper you go. This has the best narrative of any game listed. It's campaign only so no death match here. It's worth a rental at the very least. I'd say worth a buy and worth playing more than once. This game is deeeeep. Once you think you get it, everything changes. Lots of narrative twists and a great story overall. Also a very very good looking game and very intense world to play in.

GAMES I HATED!!!!!

DEATH STRANDING: Some folks loved it. I hated it. You run around as a sort of post apocalyptic UPS delivery boy and grab boxes of stuff that you have to schlep to far away places. Rinse, repeat. I found it repetitive and boring. The combat system felt tacked on, there is far to much running around in a half crouch and waiting for ghosts to dissipate imho. It's a kind of forced stealth game that feels like it just slows down gameplay just to slow things down. It's a pretty game to be sure, just a dull and no fun game. Still, as I said some folks LOVE THIS GAME. If you are one of them, more power to ya!

PosterBoy
I bought myself a racing wheel, gear shifter and stand, for racing games and Euro Trucks 2
Todd Simpson
Cool! Let us know how it goes!

Todd

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Mar 26 2020, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought myself a racing wheel, gear shifter and stand, for racing games and Euro Trucks 2

Phil66
Showing my age I guess

https://arcadespot.com/game/galaxian/

Todd Simpson
That might be the best web site ever shared during the quarantine smile.gif Those games are all classic and they will run on any computer or phone. Thanks for the share! Not to mention it's all free!!

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 26 2020, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Storm Linnebjerg
This! It's here smile.gif Deluxe edition. First physical copy of a game for a loooooooong time!
AK Rich
You can kill a helluva lot of time playing Red Dead Redemption 2. Great game that you can't possibly finish in a few days.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Mar 26 2020, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gran Turismo fan?
Potsau
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 8 2020, 03:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This! It's here smile.gif Deluxe edition. First physical copy of a game for a loooooooong time!

Omg I thought about it since 3 weeks 🤣. 🤟
Hope it is gonna happen to the 8th part. ❤️❤️❤️
Todd Simpson
SCORE!!! I really liked the Demo. Everything about it was good. Looks, sound, responsiveness. Was wads of fun all the way around. Let us know what you think!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 7 2020, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sensible Jones
The only games I've been playing are old N64 ones!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
MonkeyDAthos
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 8 2020, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif Nice!!

Todd Simpson
This is a screen capture from my test of the new SONIC THE HEDGEHOG game. If you like sonic, you'll probably like this one too smile.gif I'm not very good at it but it's great fun.

here is me doing the final boss fight in STAR WARS JEDI FALLEN ORDER. You get to fight DARTH VADER himself which is just flat out cool imho. This is a deeeep game that really did take my mind off things. It's also very cheap compared to it's starting price.

Heres a bit from my battle with QUIET the sniper in Metal Gear Solid 5. Killer game imho.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.