Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tflava's Thread
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > INSTRUCTORS > Gabriel Leopardi
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
tflava
Allright. Very cool mate and that you take the time to record this for me 😊
I will search for a little slower dominant blues where i will practice all those concepts and mix them.
Maybe i can change the concept after each chorus so you can really see if i understand the concept 😁
Thanks a lot man πŸ‘Œ

I also made a new Vid of the 2 legato licks i practiced. I tried to focuss on keeping my hand near the fretboard in an efficient way. Hope this is better then the previous smile.gif

Greetz
Gabriel Leopardi
tflava
Allright mate thanks.
I will try to keep my hand as close at the fretboard as you did.
i noticed that my pinky is the most difficult but i will pratice slow.

I also recorded the dire straist again.
I notice that with the vibrato i'm pushing hard. Is it better to keep the finger relaxx and don't push to hard?
My vibrato improved last weeks but if im looking at other its not where i want it to be. I will try to use less tebsion in my ringers and see how that works 😁

Greetz Tim
Gabriel Leopardi
tflava
Allright mate thanks.
I will work on it for one more week or a few days to try to master the things you mentioned 😁

Ill have to say this kind of vids are really helpful. I agree with what phill said . That this Could be a great adition to the normal feedback where you guts van charge some extra for.
I would definitely willing to pay for it 😊
Gabriel Leopardi
Nice Tim! I'm really glad to know that this new type of responses help! Thanks for your feedback!! smile.gif
tflava
Hey mate,

If put the dire straits and the rock from Darius in the Rec zone.
With the dire straits i focussed on the middle lick after the sixths in double stops. I think its better now. I focused also on dynamics. But im done with this lesson so i can focus on the other ones.

With the darius rock i tried to get a better tone and more defined riffs. hope its better like this.

im still working on the metal solo, shuffle and diego funk lesson smile.gif

Greetz Tim
Gabriel Leopardi
GREAT mate! I graded and gave feedback there!
tflava
Hello mate.

I just recorded some things.

I recorded the one string metal solo. I think i did a decent job. Is it good enough to put in the REC you think?

I also made a recording of a blues improvisation where i tried to incorporate the concepts you said to me before.
I only praticed this concepts in 2 area's but i want to practice it till i know it on all 5 area's.
The concepts i tried were these:

Concept 1-- 1 chord major- 4, 5 chord minor
Concept 2: Blues scale
Concept 3: Arpeggios's
Concept 4: Mixolydian

im still practicing the legato stuff. i also started a new lesson which i reall like.

Allright thanks mate.

greetz Tim
Gabriel Leopardi

tflava
Allright mate thanks a lot.
i will work on the excersise this week of the fast lick you gave me smile.gif

About the concepts i will continue with it and also move up one area on the neck cool.gif
I notice that im focussing on this ill be focussing less on phrasing and rhythm but it will come afterwards when i can play it freely i think smile.gif
Anout a blues lesson. There is a blues lesson i found which i'd really like so when i have time for it i will focus on it .
The lesson im started is the Diego 2-5-1 modern rock examples and as a rhythm lesson im gonna start the Diego hendrix rhythm lesson. That lesson has really great dynamics and i love it so iwll give it a try.
At the meantime i practice the funk lesson every day and give it a shot one of these days.

I also practiced a sweep picking mini etude for the past couple of weeks.
Here is a vid of me playing it. I tried not to speed to much up and focus on clean playing. This was the max speed i could play (almost clean). Now i will focus on a new etude for upcoming weeks. Thanks again mate!

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Tim! All this sounds good! Diego's lessons are excellent choices.

Do you have a link to listen to the original sweep etude?

tflava
Hey mate,

yes here is the original. That one is much faster then i play it but i tried not to rush wink.gif

Click to view attachment

This one im gonna practice upcoming weeks : Click to view attachment

Maybe you have some advice for the collab also? I posted a quick demo of some ideas im working on.
I tried to focus on the lydian style arpeggios's with the #4 with the tapping and arps under the F chord.
I will work on it more to find some cool lines
Greetz
Gabriel Leopardi
Gabriel Leopardi
tflava
Hey mate.

good ideas.
I will continue exploring the backing and the lines and use hwat you said.
I will try to focus on playing the line trought the change instead of right on the change.

I also send you my reggae track. Its my final mix before i want to let it mastering by someone.
Do you have any last advice to change or work a bit more on before letting it master?
I send the fil with wetransfer.

thanks mate.

greetz
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Tim, here I'm listening!

The mix is very clear and balanced. You did a very good job.

The only thing that I don't enjoy is hi hat, it's too present and I feel that it's lacking some ambience to make it related more with the drums and overall mix. I would set it a bit lower and add some more room rev.

Bass could have a bit more presence, but it can be a matter of taste.

Well done!
tflava
Allright mate. Really thanks for your advice.
I will change it and then let some one master it.
Then i finally can close it 😁
Thanks al lot.
Gabriel Leopardi
Mixes are never finished, they are abandoned. laugh.gif
tflava
Hahah thats a good way of looking at it smile.gif

I dropped 3 lessons in the REC zone.
I want to stop with the funk lessons and focus on other lessons smile.gif
i practiced the fast lick from your metal solo every day with the metronome. i think thiss take is a bit better then the other smile.gif However the fast lick isnt still in perfect sync but ill continu with my daily work from the shred bootcamp.
Lately i had less time to work on the legato and other stuff so i wanted to close some lessons to clear my head and Move on with the other stuff 😁

greetz
tflava
Hey mate.

I tried to put more rest in the collab improv.
What do you think of it now?
Its nog good enough but i changed some things.
The second lick the timing is not good also but just some general ideas.

Ive also have another post before this one smile.gif
Sorry had a Long practice day and a lot in my mind. Then it helps to drop it smile.gif

Greetz
Gabriel Leopardi
tflava
Hey mate.

I read all your comments and listened to the video's.
I think i have to slow myself a bit down at this moment.
I will practice the metal lick with a metronome and will record it some day.
I will also practice the 4 chromatic notes on lower strings.
I know i can handle the speed of the advanced rock shuffle in the beginning but i am practicing too much things at once right now.
I will quit that lesson. So i have good quality practice time.
Ill continu the 2 lessons im working on right know but at slow pace.

I know that i am working hard and practice a lot of things also the right way. This lesson i rushes because i wanted to close lesson to clear my head and focus more.

I continue polishing the collab idea. Thanks for your advice.

So thats my plan now 😁

Greetz
Gabriel Leopardi
The plan sounds good to me. Less is more.

I don't think that you wasted time, all the practice time is positive, but we need to adjust our routines from time to time to get the most of them.

Keep me updated!
tflava
Hey mate.

I changed the collab idea a bit like you said. This is wat i got now. I will try to polis it some more like the bends and vibrato.

When is de deadline?
Maybe i work some more slow melodic lines out 🀘

Greetz tim
Gabriel Leopardi
tflava
Thanks gab. What is the best way to get that tone?
Compressor into distortion and then delay.
Or a tube screamer style pedal in a distortion?
Or a booster in a distortion pedal? πŸ˜…

I will try to get it
Gabriel Leopardi
tflava
Allright nice man.
I will try to get that tone πŸ™‚
I use real pedals but i think i will get that tone.

Greetz
tflava
HΓ© mate.

I practice the metal week all week Long and it worked out when i practiced it.
I revorded the solo again and i think the fast part is better. However at the end i play 3 instead of 4 notes i think πŸ˜…

I wanted to try one more time but now practice further with other AP licks.

Greetz
Gabriel Leopardi
Cool! I'll give you feedback at REC!
tflava
Hey mate,

Im back with some short Vids.

First one is legato in triplets or sextuplets. Its basically scale shapes.
I know my hands are not that close to the fretboard but i tryu to focus on it. My pinky wont agree with me tongue.gif
I hink this sound more precise and clean then the vid before.

Im also incorporated some tapping excersises in my routine where i switcehd between 2 patterns and melted them together.

At last i have a n improvisation where my main focus was on playing with chromatisism.

It feels like i have a good routine again. Im also working on hybrid picking in my routine.
The 2 lessons from diego that im learning starting too feel good also.
Maybe i can record one this week to show you.

Thats it for now.
Thanks again mate.

Greetz Tim
Gabriel Leopardi
tflava
Allright thanks a lot mate.
I will practice the chromatic legato stuff you play and focus on muting.
The same with the tapping.

Thanks again
Gabriel Leopardi
Cool! Keep me updated!
tflava
Hey mate,

here is a latin 2-5 improvisation where i comped the chords on one side and play lead on the other:)
Its just an imprpovisation so no composition or something.

greetz Tim
Gabriel Leopardi
tflava
Next latin round ill go more into the phrygian dominant mode and i corporate the altered scale.

The music in your vid played with delay so was difficult to hear but i heard your feedback well 😁
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (tflava @ Apr 1 2021, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Next latin round ill go more into the phrygian dominant mode and i corporate the altered scale.

The music in your vid played with delay so was difficult to hear but i heard your feedback well 😁

Oh! Thanks for notifying! There must be something that changed in my settings. I'll fix it for the next vid!
tflava
Hey Gab,

just an update of the Diego lesson im working on. Shoot a quick vid of it on 70 procent of the speed.

greetz mate and happy easter
Gabriel Leopardi
tflava
Hey mate.

Here is a funk improvisation over an arrangement in working on. I recorded all the parts.
But i was jamming on this song and focussed on some strange unusual things.
In the first part i used dorian and try to superimpose some chords over.
In the second part i tried to use lydian dominant and mixolydian because the song modulates there.
And on the last chord i tried to use the altered scale.

So its a lot of stuff im not used to but i thought i have to train it and give it a try πŸ™‚

Curious what you think

Greetz tim

Gabriel Leopardi
tflava
Yes man i think your right. Ill have yo focus on one thing st a time smile.gif
I think i will sing some lines and try to play that and focuss on new scales or something on a static chord that i don't have to think to much and can focus on phrasing.

What do you think of the arrangement itself?
I played all the parts myself.

Greetz

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey mate.

Iv made a (i think) real nice solo on my funk arrangement which i will try to record tonight.
Then afterwards i plotted out which notes i played againts the chords and which sound really nice so i can make my own vocabulary of what works for me.
I will send you my notes also when im ready ν ½νΉ‚ν ½ν±Œ
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate! I missed the part that say you created the arrangement! Great to see you experimenting with some funk backings as well. I like it, everything sounds well played and in tune. If you want to continue improving this type of stuff I recommend you to check some funky music and try to emulate drum fills and bass arrangements.

Looking forward your new solo! smile.gif
tflava
Hey mate,

Here is the solo.
Im still working on the arrangement as a whole.
The progression i made is:
The progression is:
Dm9- D7sus4-Dm9- D7sus 4
F7/6 add11- C7sus4-F7/6 add11
Cm7/Bm7/Bbm7/Am7--- E7b9b6

I also founded out the notes i liked but at the end of the arrangement when everything is ready i sent you the whole viud and my notes smile.gif

Greetz
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.